Phuket Ace condo court case delayed again

webfact

Phuket Ace condo court case delayed again
Saroj Kueprasertkij

1444123869_1-org.jpg
Chief of Kathu Police Superintendent Pol Col Chaiwat Ui-kam

PHUKET: -- The ongoing case against the developers of the Ace Condominium project in Patong is not likely to be filed in court for at least another month as it has now been revealed that a further suspect has been called into the case. Police have declined to name the suspect.

Chief of Kathu Police Superintendent Pol Col Chaiwat Ui-kam, today (Oct 6) told The Phuket News, “We now have one more suspect who we want to call to be investigated and this person is very important to the case.

“However, we will not reveal the name or even the sex of the suspect.”

Delays in bringing the case to court were initially delayed due to the pregnancy of one of the main suspects involved. It was originally stated that the case would be taken to court at the beginning of September. (See story here)

Superintendent Pol Col Chaiwat added that he believes the case will be filed in court by the end of October. If the suspects still do not present themselves arrest warrants will be issued.

“We will not wait any longer because this case has taken a very long time already. We have already given them a little bit more time, but this case must be filed within this month otherwise we have to arrest them,” Superintendent Pol Col Chaiwat confirmed.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-ace-condo-court-case-delayed-again-54422.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-06

I feel for the investors in this farce...which is a major reason not to invest in realestate here..especially "off plan" junk........ this developer has all the key players in his pocket, and the case will most likely fade away

I feel for the investors in this farce...which is a major reason not to invest in realestate here..especially "off plan" junk........ this developer has all the key players in his pocket, and the case will most likely fade away

Exactly .... I happen to meet a younger guy last year who was excited to move into his brand new condo by now. I don't know how much he 'lost' but it was quite major money. I urged him some months ago to file a complaint with the Patong police. Not sure he even bothered. He has written off the big loss, a big hit to him.

I had a friend that was convinced by his real estate friend to buy a condo in Patong a few years ago. He made the initial 2 payments, then wanted his money back. It took him over a year to get it back, but in the meantime his friend was trying to talk him into these Ace condos as the agent said he would get a 25% commission. I wonder if the agent thought that it was a bit sketchy????

Sadly your right and also in saying never buy any real estate here. There is another person whose name was posted here whose wife of some years forged his name on something and a lawyer notarized his signature. It has been in court and postponed for I do not know how long and how many times but each time each goes to court it costs him money. Its a shambles and a maze the court system here and you will never find the exit. Add into that poor construction and your into a real can of worms.

I had a friend that was convinced by his real estate friend to buy a condo in Patong a few years ago. He made the initial 2 payments, then wanted his money back. It took him over a year to get it back, but in the meantime his friend was trying to talk him into these Ace condos as the agent said he would get a 25% commission. I wonder if the agent thought that it was a bit sketchy????

Who needs enemies if you got "friends" like this.

It's a good rule to be very wary of people you meet in Phuket. No matter the race or gender.

"I feel for the investors in this farce" - well, it gets tiring reading about foreigners being scammed in Phuket property.

I mean, if a foreigner gets drunk, hops on a motorbike, rides off without a helmet, and crashes at high speed - there is, in general, very little sympathy from TV members. Eg. "Darwin award" etc.

Yet, a foreigner/s buy "off the plan" here, and it goes bad, and there is some sympathy.

There is soooo much information available, yet, people are still losing money on property here. What about. "a fool and his money..................?"

Where do you draw the line?

Edited by NamKangMan