FLR Uk question section 2.3

Hi all

A quick question applying for flr for my wife to extend current spouse visa.

In section 2.3 should I tick Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain) or further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the KoLL

Seems a simple question but keep changing my mind. Many Thanks

You say "applying for flr for my wife to extend current spouse visa" The initial visa is not Leave to Remain; it is Leave to Enter. A subtle difference, but an important one.

Has she applied for FLR before?

If she has, then tick the relevant box to say why she is applying for FLR again and not ILR.

For example:

• if she entered as a fiance and was granted FLR after your marriage then tick "Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain)"
  • or if she hasn't yet satisfied KoLL then tick "You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain."

If she has not applied for FLR before, then tick "First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)"

Edited by 7by7