Cambodia visa run.

Hi,

I heard through the grapevine that border hops to the Cambodian border are now a thing of the past. I actually have a multiple entry non-immigrant O visa that I acquired from a Thai Consulate in the UK earlier this year which is good for another 9 or so months. I however do, have to leave every 90 days and I have to leave this week. Is it still possible to do the Cambodia Poi Pet run if you already have a valid visa, and if so does anyone know of any tour operators that go there, as not sure if Jack's Golf is still around.

Cheers in advance,

James

I just drove to Poi Pet on Saturday. I arrived at the border at around 10:30. There was a lineup of about 400 people exiting Thailand. I went upstairs to the foreginers exit and was the only one in the room. Exited in 5 seconds. Went across to Cambodia, I had previously purchased an evisa. The guy asked me how long I was staying in Cambodia. I told him 10 minutes. Stamped me in. Turned around and went to the exit which there where around 100 people exiting. I paid a guy 200b for quick exit which was 2 minutes. Went back to the Thai immigration and had to wait in line for an hour as there were many people coming back into Thailand. All in all, it was painless. I did see some visa run companies there but don't know who they were as I didn't pay much attention to it.

Edited by ldiablo
  • Like 1