UK Spouse Visa Document check

Hi everyone,

I am getting together everything for my Spouse visa and I just wanted to make sure I’ve got all the documents needed. Appointment is in 2 weeks. We are submitting:

Me:

Colour photo copies of current passport all pages( does this need to be certified?)

Black and White copies of old maiden name passport ( this has a lot of the visa stamps in to prove our relationship)

6 months bank statements

6 month wage slips

Employment contract

Employers letter

Tenancy Agreement

Council Tax Bill ( saying I’m sole occupier)

Photos of property inside and out

Selection of photographs/messages/phone records to prove relationship

Marriage Certificate and translation

Sponsorship undertaking form

Cover letter from me

Him:

Passport

Tabien Baan and translation

Passport Photos

TB Test Cert

English test cert-although I think I just need the electronic number from that..

Does he need a letter or anything from his employer? I would of thought as he is leaving (potentially) it wouldn’t matter…

Is there anything I have left out? Am trying not to over whelm the application with too many documents-that’s already a lot as it is!

Thank you

Nina

This is what we provided, in separated indexed files, along with copies of everything. Think we went the "overkill" route! 55555. Visa approved without any problems, though, within 30 days, so not too bothered.

INDEX

Mr.Steven Xxxx Documents

1.​Introduction Letter

2.​Copy of Birth Certificate

3.​Copy of UK Driving Licence

4.​Copy of Passport

5.​Copy of old Thai work permit

6.​Copy of Decree Nisi

7.​Copy of Decree Absolute

8.​Contract of Employment

9.​Continued employment letter

10.​Business Cards – UK & Thailand

11.​P60s: 5 Years ​2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

12.​Pay Slips: ​May 2014

​June 2014

July 2014

August (1) 2014

August (2) 2014

September 2014

October 2014

November 2014

December 2014

January 2015

February 2015

March 2015

April 2015

May 2015

June 2015

July 2015

13.​Bank Statements -12 months (Lloyds Bank)

​ 6 months detailed Bank Statement

​12 months summarised Bank Statement

14.​Introduction Letter from Parents of Steven Xxxx

15.​Passport of Steven Xxxx Parents

16.​Mortgage Statement from Parents of Steven Xxxx

17.​Introduction Letter from Brother / Sister-in-law of Steven Xxxx

INDEX

Mrs.Wilaiwan Xxxx Original Documents

1.​Completed Application Form VAF4A

2.​Completed Appendix 2 Form

3.​Mrs.Wilaiwan Xxxc cover letter - original

4.​Cover letter from Mrs.Wilaiwan Xxxx father - original

5.​Cover letter from Mrs.Wilaiwan Xxxx sister - original

5.​Medical Certificate from IOM – no TB - original

6.​KET (Cambridge English ) : English Test Result Average Level B1 - original

5.​3 Passports, (old and current) - original

6.​One passport sized color photograph

7.​House Registration - original

8.​Certified translation of House Registration - original

9.​Certificate of Marriage ( Khor Ror.3 ) - original

10.​Certified translation of Certificate of Marriage ( Khor Ror.3) - original

11.​Registration of Marriage ( Khor Ror.2) - original

12.​Certified translation of Registration of Marriage ( Khor Ror.2) - original

13.​Certificate of Surname Change Registration ( Form Chor 5.) - original

14.​Certified translation of Surname Change Registration ( Form Chor 5.) - original

15.​Birth Certificate - original

16.​Certified translation of Birth Certificate - original

17.​Letter of Employment from Emirates Airline - original

18.​Dependent and Health Insurance Nomination for employee and spouse under ​Emirates Airline Staff benefit – original

19.​12 moths pay slips July 2014- July 2015 from Emirates Airline - original

20.​Company Annual Profit Share and Bonus , Extra 13th month bonus slip 2013-2015 - ​original

21.​Company Provident Fund Report - original

22.​1 Year Thanachat Bank Statement original ( Salary and Saving Account ) and

1 Year Bangkok Bank Statement original ( Saving Account )

23.​1 year of Withholding Tax Certificate - original

24.​1 year of Personal Income Tax Return - original

25.​Bachelor of Arts from Silpakorn University (English) and Bachelor of Arts transcript ​from Silpakorn University (English)

RELATIONSHIP’S DOCUMENT

1.​Flight Itineraries and Boarding Pass to various locations in Thailand by both names

2.​Hotel booking and Receipts by both names 2013-2015

3.​Engagement ring receipt

4.​Engagement Dress receipt

5.​Wedding ring receipt

6.​Flowers and Dolls delivery receipts

7.​International Bank Transfer Receipts

8.​Mr.Steven Xxxx Emirates Skyward Frequent Flyer no.

9.​Tickets and Receipts

​​- Rugby Match Tickets

​​- Wheel of Manchester Ticket

​​- Blackpool Pleasure Beach Ticket

​​- Thailand Trip Receipts

​​- Movies Ticket

- Trains Ticket

- Manchester United Museum Tour Ticket

- KET Test ( English Test ) Bank Transfer Receipt

- Uniform Photo Shooting Receipt

- Birthday Cake Receipt

- Sim Card and Top-up Receipt

- Postal receipts

10.​Mr.Steven Xxx and Mrs.Wilaiwan Xxx s photo Album

​​- Wedding’s Photo / Engagement’s Photo Album

​​- Family Photo

​​- House in Manchester Photo

11.​Postcards , Envelopes, Cards

I thought that it was a year's worth of bank statements and pay slips. P60 as well.

No it's not, as another member has said it's six months worth of pay slips with the corresponding bank statements, a P60 isn't an actual requirement as the decision maker can grant the application without it, but it can be submitted if the applicant desires.

There is no point submitting my p60 as before February this year I was self employed, and am not submitting my tax return until next January, so it doesn't have all the information.

On the notes of the form it says 6 months if I have been with the same employer, which I have.

What I want to know is does my passport copy have to be certified? Also employers letter for my husband?

What I want to know is does my passport copy have to be certified? Also employers letter for my husband?

You can self certify your passport.

As you're husband is going to settle in the UK a letter from his employer is irrelevant as he will be leaving that employment, I'm assuming you're referring to his job in Thailand.

Have you read the specified evidence appendix?

Make sure you have everything in there relevant to how you are meeting the financial requirement.

BTW, the sponsorship undertaking form (SU07) is not normally required for this type of visa; ECB12.3 Sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation.

As with undertakings from an applicant (see above), the ECO should only require an undertaking from a sponsor in exceptional circumstances or for certain categories eg parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives under Rule 317 of the Immigration Rules. (see Maintenance & Accommodation - MAA)

But if you've already completed it you may as well include it.

I thought that it was a year's worth of bank statements and pay slips. P60 as well.

No it's not, as another member has said it's six months worth of pay slips with the corresponding bank statements, a P60 isn't an actual requirement as the decision maker can grant the application without it, but it can be submitted if the applicant desires.

Excuse me for sounding dumb but if a P60 is not obligatory and only 6 months pay slips and statements are used then how do you verify that you are exceeding £18600 pa.

I take it they are trusting on the letter from the employer. Which begs the question why does a self employed person have to supply a years worth, if say they are exceeding £50k pa. Does it matter whether this is over a year or 6 months? It seems that an employed person is trusted more than a self employed person.

Excuse me for sounding dumb but if a P60 is not obligatory and only 6 months pay slips and statements are used then how do you verify that you are exceeding £18600 pa.

I take it they are trusting on the letter from the employer. Which begs the question why does a self employed person have to supply a years worth, if say they are exceeding £50k pa. Does it matter whether this is over a year or 6 months? It seems that an employed person is trusted more than a self employed person.

I have no idea why being self employed makes things more difficult. The reason I got a contracted job, was in case I needed to make an application for my husband for a visa- we were planning to settle in Thailand but circumstances changed, as I did not want the hassle of all the documents and extra evidence ( not to mention expense).