Mae Sai Raised Its Fee For The Day Visa From 5 Dollars To 10 Dollars.

swain

Just came back from a Visa run. Didnt know what would happen after October first with the laws going into effect. Leaving thailand was the same but entering Myanmar took 5 times as long as it used to as they are photographing everyone but thai nationals who enters the country. They now give you a cute little document with your picture on it when they take your passport.

Just came back from a Visa run. Didnt know what would happen after October first with the laws going into effect. Leaving thailand was the same but entering Myanmar took 5 times as long as it used to as they are photographing everyone but thai nationals who enters the country. They now give you a cute little document with your picture on it when they take your passport.

Just so we know how much: whose dollars?

Just back from Maesai. After posting last week that in 6 years I have never been asked to show the cash - it happened ! I was well dressed and I have a non-o one year visa, but they still asked for me to show them 2o thousand baht, which I did. I had bought a lot of stuff in the market and they searched the lot ! Guess we really are not so welcome in Thailand now - incidently, they asked everyone else in the line including tourists to show their cash. Hmmm....