Thailand Salary Guide 2015

Adecco have released a salary guide for Thailand - might be of interest to some of you...

Thailand salary guide 2015
Engaged globally into the job market, Adecco Thailand provides salaries information for Thailand, with a pdf document that presents very clear and complete salary reviews together with extra information on the labor force and job market trends.
post-137452-0-56132400-1445416080_thumb.

Those are obviously jobs for the 1% in Thailand. Where are the factory salaries? 7/11 wages? Certainly they don't represent what the average person on the street is paid. My wife says Thai people will work hard for 7 or 8,000 baht a month. Which is why the typical rent is just 2-3k baht a month.

Those are obviously jobs for the 1% in Thailand. Where are the factory salaries? 7/11 wages? Certainly they don't represent what the average person on the street is paid. My wife says Thai people will work hard for 7 or 8,000 baht a month. Which is why the typical rent is just 2-3k baht a month.

this data will be from people on that companies books only as its an agency.....they dont bodyshop for 7/11

Divide these numbers by 3 to get a correct idea.

Not at all those numbers appear to be very representative and correct....sorry to disappoint you and shatter all your illusions that all Thais earn 8 to 12k a month live in a thb 2000 room and eat leaves from the side of the road....

Are the salaries based on 1 months pay? I did not see anywhere it told that but assume they are monthly.

It says it in the table - monthly

Thanks Soutpeel, I opened the pdf file right away. I should have looked at the table first.

Nonsense. This is more or less reflective of the real salaries being paid for these positions.

Forget VIP's what does a working stiff make. My g/f's brother is a mechanic at 15,000 bahts a month and the overtime has dried up. He and his g/f are looking at Korea. My g/f's friend works there shepherding chickens. She has been there a couple years. She has moved up from 40,000 bahts a month to 60,000 plus room and board. Yes there is a job agent involved plus air fare to get there.

Edited by elgordo38

Doesn't state how many hours they work in a month to make that salary.

My SIL has a very responsible job for a well know Bank, highly educated with all the qualifications.

She evaluates the risk and viability of loans to business's from 200 million baht upwards.

Her salary is 45K per month, but she works 10-14 hour days 7 days a week.

Needless to say she is single, never had a boyfriend and can't boil an egg.

Are the salaries based on 1 months pay? I did not see anywhere it told that but assume they are monthly.

Aside from the fact it states "monthly salaries" in the heading, do you really think a project manager with minimum experience would be paid Baht 40,000 a year?

Edited by Suradit69

Aside from the fact it states "monthly salaries" in the heading, do you really think a project manager with minimum experience would be paid Baht 40,000 a year?

I opened the pdf first without looking closely at the table, I did not see it stated in it. My entire 37 year career I was paid every two weeks and my salary was based on a yearly figure. But to answer your question, no I did not think a project manager would be paid a minimum of 40,000 baht a year.

Got to disagree there gents. As it says in their guide they are typical salaries for Adecco clients and candidates. Bear in mind Adecco is largely a recruitment agent rather than a headhunter also.

These will generally be white collar positions. No need to use recruitment agents for 7-11 and factory workers.

It wouldn't be the top 1% either. When I look at some of the numbers they look low on the top side. I know and work/have worked with people who are above these typical bands.

So it will be as it says "typical" "clients and candidates" of a recruitment agent. That'll be typical white collar and not the elite at the top 1% either.

Cheers

Fletch :)

You must have a different version of the PDF from the rest of us. No where in mine does it mention "monthly". Nor does it specify THB. Could be Lao kip or rubles. I would not put a lot of faith in this survey.

You must have a different version of the PDF from the rest of us. No where in mine does it mention "monthly". Nor does it specify THB. Could be Lao kip or rubles. I would not put a lot of faith in this survey.
Dear lord....look at the table in the OP....monthly salary in Thb....its not a survey per se, its a listing of average salaries for the people they have on the books in Thailand....right seeing as in your expert opinon you have no faith in this " survey" please send your remarks to Addecco

They are the biggest HR set up in Thailand with 6 offices in Thailand and one of the biggest in the world

Further the first page of the guide states " salary guide 2015 Thailand" so why would they be working Lao kip or roubles if it relates to Thailand

Edited by Soutpeel

Given that it's a Thailand Salary Guide, anyone ... besides you, evidently .. would know the salaries are in Thai baht.

Doesn't state how many hours they work in a month to make that salary.

My SIL has a very responsible job for a well know Bank, highly educated with all the qualifications.

She evaluates the risk and viability of loans to business's from 200 million baht upwards.

Her salary is 45K per month, but she works 10-14 hour days 7 days a week.

Needless to say she is single, never had a boyfriend and can't boil an egg.

The smell of buffalo excrement is strong in this post.

Might be a different table if MNC's were covered separately. Pure Thai companies pay peanuts.

At that assumption is based on what....and what do mean by pure Thai company ....give an example ?

Having asked around from my colleagues and also having been offered a few jobs. By pure Thai I mean companies only operating in Thailand, ie. not multinationals. The MNC's seem to pay about 3x, f.ex. that SAP consultant you see there, around 100k on average in those stats, I know of two who changed companies in Thailand and now get 230-250k in an MNC.

The largest difference there is of course in an MNC you got to be fluent in English. That alone keeps the bulk of Thais working with lower salaries in local companies. An example of that would be my SIL's hubby, process engineer (Batchelors) with 5y of experience pushing 6d/week, 10h/day onsite. 25k baht/month.

Edited by DrTuner