Sony (no) service centre Bangkok

StatlerandWaldorf

Hi all,

I am a little desperate right now as my Son's birthday is in a few days and his ps4 has ceased working, it will no start, beeps once, clicks twice and switches off. I think this is likely a power unit problem. This is an issue because we bought some new ps4 games for his birthday.

So off we went to the Sony Service Centre on BangNa Trad to have it fixed, only to be told that Sony Thailand do not support this console because the model number doesn't end in a certain range!! WHAT?

I did buy the console in Singapore and it is definitely a genuine unit but why do Sony not support their own product range? they could at least have had a look to see if it was an easy fix, but no, in typical Thai service, they just wanted us to go away as quickly as possible.

Does anyone have any ideas of how/where to get this fixed?

My Son's birthday is in 4 days and he will have no way to play his new games, imagine how disappointed he will be to have new games which are of no use.

Needless to say, I will certainly not be purchasing anything from Sony again, they give the false sense of security by buying a global brand with a global support service but it is nothing but hot air, smoke and mirrors.

• 4 weeks later...

The big Sony store at Paragon upstairs has a great service center in the back of store . Not only did they help me get something fixed but gave me a loaner with small deposit to use while my part was being delivered . Really a great staff and store with dedicated factory Sony service inside [emoji106]