Notification of residency

Hi there, I hope it's ok I post in Chiangmai forum in state of the visa forum as I be staying in CM.

I be staying at my g/f house under the non-immigration O-A multiple entries long term stay.

I understand my g/f needs to fill in TM30 form to report my stay at her place...and I need to fill in the TM47 form if I stay over 90 days.

Besides downloading online where can I get these forms, can I get them at the Chiangmai airport immigration.

What documents are required for the above reporting...Do I submit them at the old immigration at airport or at the Prom.

Hope for your advice,thank you.wai.gif

There are two forms that must be filled out. One by you a TM-28 and the other by the house owner a TM-30 which must be sent in within 24 hours of your arrival at the house.

This is what is on Thai Immigration's website:

1. Should you move from your current address, which Thai Immigration has, you have to report your change of address within 24 hours or face a penalty of 200 Baht a day for every day until it is corrected.
2. You must provide the correct address to Thai Immigration when you are in Thailand. The address at which you reside must be the same as the one you gave to immigration. Failing to do this will result in a penalty to a maximum of 5,000 Baht or 200 Baht a day for everyday until your notification has been corrected.
3. The situation monitoring centre of the National Council for Peace and Order in September 2015 announced that owners must report to authorities within 24 hours of having a room or house rented by a foreigner.
  • Like 1

TM-30 is a bit obtuse..I filled out all my information including the address, so it would be a match to my 90 day reporting info (for 90 online reporting on currently dead website !) the top part of the TM-30 is the info on the landlord with a 2nd page for your passport, arrival card,visa info...then we took this to the the Landlord.he filled out his part and. he then took it to our local Police (as we live in Lamphun) they made a copy for me....

Thanks all for the info....this visa thing in thailand is very confusing...

BTW do I have submit TM30 everytime I enter thailand if my address is the same....thanks

Edited by tamalp

only when you have a new address... if you are on the same visa.... with a new visa but staying at the same address as you stayed before, a new TM-30 might be required (redundant paperwork seems to not be an issue) ... this is a requirement for the landlord or home owner to do...

• Like 1