designer labels

serendipityfox

Central and Robinsons for sure but maybe not farang sizes. When you factor in postage it may be more cost effective to buy here if you can get your size, not to mention possible tax if you get unlucky and are pinged by customs or package not getting to you or them not being originals buy cheap copies. I was looking for sleeping tshirts last week and noticed a big selection of Hugo Boss at Central Festival.

The other option, perhaps the best one, is to ask someone in UK to buy them for you and mail them.

whistling.gif There is probably a factory just outside of Bangkok where you can buy Hugo Boss labels and have them sewed on Thai made T-shirts for a small fee.

Seriously.

With illegal Burmese workers doing the sewing on of the labels.

And the actual owner of that factory is a Chinese man born on the Mainland, but he has a Hong Kong passport and an "investor"s" visa to Thailand.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

super duper- where in central festival?, i was there 2 days ago but only saw calvin klein shop before i got shopping fatigue

In Central itself - mens department. If there isn't a sale on/discount off Hugo Boss this week, wait a week or so and there will be.

whistling.gif There is probably a factory just outside of Bangkok where you can buy Hugo Boss labels and have them sewed on Thai made T-shirts for a small fee.

Seriously.

And the actual owner of that factory is a Chinese man born on the Mainland, but he has a Hong Kong passport and an "investor"s" visa to Thailand.

So in reality, not much different from the factory in which most designer brands will be manufactured in anyway?

Almost - Central is the big department store. They have all of the international labels plus a few you wouldn't have heard of. I'd advise steering clear of the ones you haven't heard of as they may be poorly made local or Asian brands that have the product placement just right and are priced so you'll think that they're on parr with Boss, Lauren, Burberry etc. Check out Uniqlo as their quality is quite good, and of course there's M&S but I don't know what style you want or they have. They have some at H&M and Topman but Uniqlo is better quality and cheaper. I'd also advise starting a list for things that you want but don't need immediately and are unavailable or crazily expensive here to bring back with you next time you go home. I always have a list on the go and finally remembered slippers this year for our chilly toes in December. Take as little with you as possible so you have plenty of room in your suitcase for coming back, or if there is somewhere you can leave a bag, you may have clothes/shoes here which seemed like a good idea at the time of bringing them over but you know now that you are never going to wear here. Such clothes are better left back home if possible. We go pretty much empty (suitcases inside each other) and come back full.

As for knock offs, you get what you pay for, I haven't seen good quality knock ones for years and years (I remember us finding some fairly thick Polo shirt knock offs for Mr K about 20 years ago in Hong Kong and they were only for underneath his overalls but ended up lasted years; I'm not kind to clothes in my never ending quest to have no stains or marks anywhere).

I don't know where the Thai equivalent of my mam shops for clothes, especially underwear which you go straight from market quality to supermarket which is better but not much, to international labels at department stores. There is no local version of Marks and Spencer or even BHS or Littlewoods or anything even approaching those as far as I've been able to see, Maybe there are places and I just don't know it.

Seriously.

So in reality, not much different from the factory in which most designer brands will be manufactured in anyway?

You're right of course, the only difference is in the quality of fabric. I'm quite nifty with a sewing machine, but finding that really high level of quality in tshirt fabric is hard enough back home; here it's impossible.

Central and Robinsons for sure but maybe not farang sizes. When you factor in postage it may be more cost effective to buy here if you can get your size, not to mention possible tax if you get unlucky and are pinged by customs..........

Ain't necessarily so. I ordered an electric shaver from the USA and after shipping and customs it was still 20% less than the same in Robinsons.