Pai rape of British tourist sparks bar closing time crackdown in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the connection with a rape in Pai with enforcing Phuket bar times?

Is this a good example of ..... pick any excuse out of a hat?

Is this not the Pai in the very North of Thailand, beside Myanmar, and used as the jumping off point for treks?

Copy cat rapists!

So 1 stupid drunk tourist ruins it for Phuket , otherwise known as the rest of the country ?

You think Phuket is 'the rest of the country'?

I was going to suggest you need to get out more, but I've had second thoughts.

Don't.

Please don't.

The closing time law was being ignorned in Puket as are many laws observed and even somewhat enforced in other parts of the countrythe police and civil servents assigned there seem to do as they please and operate their scams without answering to higher authority.

This rape incident has /will put lots of people looking over their shoulder to see who may be monitoring them and their activities and subsquently making a report to a group they do not want to look at their operations too closely.

Serveral higher ranking police in northern areas have been demoted for not enforceing closing times, usually after a violent act

upon a citizen was brought to public and the militaries attention. Puket needs to clean out their cesspool of those causing the stench

amd join the campaign to return Thailand to its former reputation of a fun, safe holiday destination where scams, ripoffs, physical attacks, purse snatches and police were of very little concern, instead we worked on where to go next and enjoy a new adventure.

How are sexual assaults and bar closing times linked?blink.png

apparently, if bars open till very late the female foreigners make themselves become blind drunk and are unable to get back to their rooms without going with a thai man and getting raped.......or at least complaining about it the morning after........

but now, with all the bars closing on time then any female foreigner who gets raped after closing time must of course, be lying......as the bar was closed.

Thanks to this "crackdown" I can just hear potential rapists saying "let's give Phuket a miss and go to Pattaya or Nana Soi 4". This junta hasn't even begun to crank itself up. Eventually it will be another North Korea controlled by a dipstick. So pleased I don't own property on Thailand.

So 1 stupid drunk tourist ruins it for Phuket , otherwise known as the rest of the country ?

Yes, how selfish of her to drink alcohol and get raped and ruin things for you in Phuket.

Like I would live in Phuket... no thanks !

Mudcrab :

I'm sure the rape victim is thankful for your kind thoughts.

She's welcome , some-one had to say it

You think Phuket is 'the rest of the country'?

I was going to suggest you need to get out more, but I've had second thoughts.

Don't.

Please don't.

The Phuket police chief has confirmed that a nationwide order to enforce bar and entertainment venue closing times will be enforced in Phuket

Badly worded , also meaning the police chief thinks Phuket is the rest of the country.

Not me . I don't go to that hole ever again.

So what? Another White women got raped by a Thai (or group of Thais)? And closing the bars a 2 am will fix this how? Maybe Thais don't rape before 2 am? How about we just have a curfew for foreign women instead of closing the bars? Could you imagine? "All foreign women back to their hotels now. It's almost raping hour!' wai.gif Awww be minful of the Thainess everyoneclap2.gif

How are sexual assaults and bar closing times linked?blink.png

apparently, if bars open till very late the female foreigners make themselves become blind drunk and are unable to get back to their rooms without going with a thai man and getting raped.......or at least complaining about it the morning after........

but now, with all the bars closing on time then any female foreigner who gets raped after closing time must of course, be lying......as the bar was closed.

Yes. The Thainess is strong with this one.

A nationwide crackdown to close the bars huh? How about a worldwide crackdown on stupidity to close Thailand? clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Can we have a crackdown on posters who make inane comments and think the rape of a young girl is something to make fun of ? Edited by Bangkokhatter

Reading many of the derogatory comments about Thailand and Thais, I DO wonder why folks live/visit here?

On the other hand, at the Bangkok airport gate, waiting for my flight, I noted a second lineup of people going to Phuket, and frankly if I was entering a bar back home with the likes of some of the knuckle-dragging goons with the skull and crossbones T-shirts stretched over a bulging gut, I'd probably turn around....and we have NO Thai bouncers...or cops where I come from

Can i ask what your comment has to do with a girl being raped and the Thai police deciding shutting bars early would stop this happening ?

Ooh Hold you're horses there,.....The Thai government ruins it for the rest of the country,...the girl is the excuse for them to do this.

And more !!!, she is the victim in this....she was drunk, yes ! (cording to the article and her statement) ....but If she was stupid ???... I let entirely up to your expertise,...you have never been young and surely never made any mistake in life I presume,.... ?....

As I said in a previous post My heart bleeds for this girl. She must have had a terrible time, and is in no way responsible for it.

Her only consolation could be that It could have been worse, a lot worse !!. when I read about the rapes and murders on a almost regular basis in Thailand....

I wish her a Happy peaceful life after this terrible ordeal...

Regards,

Great logic guys. If a woman was raped in the Macro parking lot at night what would you blame it on.

The bar did not rape the woman; "late" did not rape the woman; the woman, the victim did not rape herself. A man raped the woman.

I think rape is still a crime in Thailand. Where is the man who raped her?

Phuket police on prevention alert prior to Pai rape

post-137452-0-88985100-1446854831_thumb.

PHUKET: Phuket police reassured the community that efforts to enforce closing times of nightlife venues were already in full swing, prior to the directive issued by the Royal Thai Police, in the wake of a British woman being raped.

Royal Thai Police ordered officers this week to renew efforts in ensuring that all entertainment venues are closed on time, following the rape of the 30-year-old British national by a Thai man in Pai, in northern Thailand, on October 25.

“We are of course following orders. However, we are already on top of the issue and doing our best to ensure nightlife venues are closing on time,” Phuket Provincial Police Commander Teeraphol Thipjaroen confirmed to the Phuket Gazette today.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-police-prevention-alert-prior-Pai-rape/62305?desktopversion#sthash.AJkvKQ64.dpuf

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-07

Phuket police on prevention alert prior to Pai rape

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2558-11-07 at 7.06.02 AM.png

PHUKET: Phuket police reassured the community that efforts to enforce closing times of nightlife venues were already in full swing, prior to the directive issued by the Royal Thai Police, in the wake of a British woman being raped.

Royal Thai Police ordered officers this week to renew efforts in ensuring that all entertainment venues are closed on time, following the rape of the 30-year-old British national by a Thai man in Pai, in northern Thailand, on October 25.

“We are of course following orders. However, we are already on top of the issue and doing our best to ensure nightlife venues are closing on time,” Phuket Provincial Police Commander Teeraphol Thipjaroen confirmed to the Phuket Gazette today.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-police-prevention-alert-prior-Pai-rape/62305?desktopversion#sthash.AJkvKQ64.dpuf

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-07

I think its a little late now for this because UK press are having a field day with the way the RTP came out saying it was the girls fault let see how this will effect people plans for the Christmas holidays this year .. whistling.gif

There you go...now that bars are closing at respectable times there will instantly and forever be no more rapes.

Thank goodness the police are on the ball and have it all sussed out. Why can't we figure these things out in the west?

Well we figured it out in Australia where they now have earlier closing times than before and lockins.This is to curb street violence where several young lads died from king hits.Ozzys are to drunk to rape.