Black students around US complain of casual, everyday racism

webfact

The left has politically won the sympathy of black Americans but for an honest and hardworking person (of any race) leftist hate idealogy is an enemy.

Here is another critique, via http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/2015/11/yale-literally-has-its-choice-of-any-high-school-senior-in-the-county-at-it-picked-these-folks.html. Key quotation:

"I once thought that a key goal of “diversity” was to eliminate the in-group/ out-group dynamic that has been so destructive through all of history. But I am increasingly convinced that the true objective of diversity programs as practiced on university campuses is to simply shift the “out-group” tag from one set of people to another. More horrible things are said on campus about whites, males, Asians, wealthy people, straights, frats, etc than I ever heard in my entire lifetime from anyone about, say, African Americans."

Many black people are just as prejudice and racist against caucasians and other races. They play the victim card but have no problem victimizing others with the same prjudice.

It is charming and accepted for blacks to call us crackers whitey etc etc on a TV show.

They call each other the N word in an almost affectionate manner.

That squeaky wheel has gotten too much grease.

So sick of the double standard PC world we live in.

Agree. Almost all my Asian-American friends have experienced casual racism growing up. People used verbal insults (ching-chong, chink, etc), doing karate/kung <deleted> poses in front of them, stereotype/racist jokes, etc. Guess what? Majority were done by blacks.

I haven't read all of the comments, maybe just the first 20. I'm really surprised at the lack of empathy. Folks, review the postings and you'll see what the problem is. All these white guys don't see the problem. The article was about the subtle, every day way in which blacks in America are "otherized," assumed to be different, not full-fledged Americans. It would wear me down, and yes, perhaps make me a bit "bitchy" as one poster described his brother's GF. Don't you see that's why she (and millions like her) is on her guard. She's never quite sure whether race is the issue at any given moment on any given day.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of empathy from a group of people who presumably live here in Thailand in the racial minority.How do you like it when you're charged the extra five baht for a bag if oranges in the market because of your skin color? Outrageous? Can you think for a moment how it feels to be otherized day in/day out in the country where you were born?

By the way, I'm a Caucasian American (of Czech-English descent if that matters). I grew up in Ferguson, Missouri, and earned two degrees from the University of Missouri in Columbia. By the way, I do think Michael Brown, the kid who was shot last year in Ferguson, was at fault, so I'm not all bleeding heart. It's just that I learned something about living in the racial minority during my Peace Corps service here in Thailand in the 1970s. It's hard to be black in America, no matter how hard you try.

Some things take time to overcome...the US has made tremendous strides to accommodate the black community...there have been instances of white people pretending to be black to receive all the black people privileges...

Yes, there are still pockets of resistance to black equality...you can not legislate human acceptance...focus on the positive...learn to endure the negative or speak up on your behalf...do not expect everyone to be happy with your protest...

Demanding to be treated as an equal...in a hollow victory...IMHO

If I read you correctly, some things like "accommodating" take time to overcome... correct?

You do mean "accommodating" and not abandoning one's identity, yes?

I haven't read all of the comments, maybe just the first 20. I'm really surprised at the lack of empathy. Folks, review the postings and you'll see what the problem is. All these white guys don't see the problem. The article was about the subtle, every day way in which blacks in America are "otherized," assumed to be different, not full-fledged Americans. It would wear me down, and yes, perhaps make me a bit "bitchy" as one poster described his brother's GF. Don't you see that's why she (and millions like her) is on her guard. She's never quite sure whether race is the issue at any given moment on any given day.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of empathy from a group of people who presumably live here in Thailand in the racial minority.How do you like it when you're charged the extra five baht for a bag if oranges in the market because of your skin color? Outrageous? Can you think for a moment how it feels to be otherized day in/day out in the country where you were born?

By the way, I'm a Caucasian American (of Czech-English descent if that matters). I grew up in Ferguson, Missouri, and earned two degrees from the University of Missouri in Columbia. By the way, I do think Michael Brown, the kid who was shot last year in Ferguson, was at fault, so I'm not all bleeding heart. It's just that I learned something about living in the racial minority during my Peace Corps service here in Thailand in the 1970s. It's hard to be black in America, no matter how hard you try.

You are from Mizzou?

I am a Washington Husky. Greetings!

Posted Nov. 15, 2015

"Madness at Mizzou: Black Hysteria and White Cowardice"

I am not attempting to get anyone upset here, but the thing is, what the man on the video is suggesting is bare to minimum what the blacks in America not only suggest but act out on a far wider and more violent scale. If what is suggested on this video is racism, then I would be remiss if I did not agree with the statement that racism = white genocide.

I don't know... you tell me. As I stated... I am only suggesting and I am open to all comments.