Dengue fever patients in Bangkok rise more than double

webfact

Dengue fever patients in Bangkok rise more than double

255-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Health Office today reported a total of 13,000 dengue fever patients in Bangkok this year, more than double of last year's patients.

The highest number of accumulated patients was in Saphan Soong district (476 patients), followed by Wattana (438) and Suan Luang (428).

It said that in the past one month from October 1- November 7, 239 people were found to be sick of dengue fever in Wang Thong Lang district, 188 in Thonburi, and 143 in Pathumwan.

It said most dengue fever patients in Bangkok were found to be infected with dengue virus type 1 or DENV-1, and type 3 or DENV-3.

The reason for the wide spreading of the fever this year was the delay of the rainy season that contributed to more breeding grounds for mosquitoes while life cycle of mosquito was also shortened to just 5-7 days.

In advised the best way, in addition to spray mosquito foams, to prevent the spread of dengue fever is to regularly or once a week check the breeding grounds of mosquitoes at homes and vicinities and destroy them.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dengue-fever-patients-in-bangkok-rise-more-than-double

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-13

Sure glad we don't live in Bangkok,people up here in Khon Kaen know how to deal with this and so we don't have a miny cases.

not just Bangkok - check Khon Kaen too! - it's nationwide and some areas are worse than Bkk.

Edited by cumgranosalum

This is becoming far more serious than Thai authorities are treating it.

This Is not new this has been going on for years, No antidote just Months of slow recovery, Its a big killer in Thailand but the thai authorities are not going to say that, most Thai

people just think they have a bad account of flue.

This is a nasty I hope to pass on. Its not like you can take meds like you can with malaria and just hope it helps you from getting infected with it. With all the little canals here in Bangkok, hard not to be near a breading ground.

aedes mozzie doesn't need canals - it can rapidly breed in an old tire or flowerpot.....this is one of the reasons it loves living near humans....and with humans close together it can transmit the disease more effectively.

Eat your garlic...especially thai garlic...a deterent

Rubbish and advice like that ca prevent people from taking PROPER measures - you could cause an increase in Dengue if you follow advice about quack medicines.

I think he wanted us to take that garlic with a grain of salt...

This is becoming far more serious than Thai authorities are treating it.

This Is not new this has been going on for years, No antidote just Months of slow recovery, Its a big killer in Thailand but the thai authorities are not going to say that, most Thai

people just think they have a bad account of flue.

No a few weeks of recovery (2-3), just had it....nasty, but 2 weeks after the end of it all is good.

Eat your garlic...especially thai garlic...a deterent

Rubbish and advice like that ca prevent people from taking PROPER measures - you could cause an increase in Dengue if you follow advice about quack medicines.

I think he wanted us to take that garlic with a grain of salt...

If you want to talk Latin language be my guest....but try another thread........

This is not confined to Bangkok and other areasmentioned, its nation wide.

I have not seen the mozzie foggers out in Paded, tambon here in CM area in months. The firetruck is watering flower pots along roadways on a daily basis but no sign of the foggers.

Some people seem to wake up to a new world each day, where regular preventive measures should be on a regular schedule.

Dengue fever is over most of Thailand I think. I was infected a couple of years ago ( I live in Chonburi) and spent a few days in hospital and spent some time recovering. Apparently, due to low platelete count, your internal organs can be severely and permanantly damaged so problems may occur later. Again, apparently, you can only be infected once, however there are several strains so does this apply across the board or to each strain?

Two years on, I feel less energetic than I used to and have far less verve. No preventative medication I believe. Cheers ...

Dengue fever is over most of Thailand I think. I was infected a couple of years ago ( I live in Chonburi) and spent a few days in hospital and spent some time recovering. Apparently, due to low platelete count, your internal organs can be severely and permanantly damaged so problems may occur later. Again, apparently, you can only be infected once, however there are several strains so does this apply across the board or to each strain?

Two years on, I feel less energetic than I used to and have far less verve. No preventative medication I believe. Cheers ...

There are five "types" of Dengue.

Being infected provides life long immunity to the "type" of dengue which caused illness so it is still possible to contract dengue again as a result of being infected by a different "type" of the disease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever

Papaya juice...just ask someone who cured Dengue with it!

Will you please post links to the scientific evidence which proves your claim ?

Evidence published in respected, peer reviewed, Scientific journals ..

Thank you.

you seem content with using Wikipedia as an authority in your posts so why does it have to be a scientific journal for it to be credible ?

" In the belief that it can raise platelet levels in blood, papaya may be used as a medicine for dengue fever.[29]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaya

" From the various reports published in scientific literature, it appears that C. papaya L. leaf extract does have beneficial properties in dengue "

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3614241/

Edited by Asiantravel

just putting quotes from Google to support you pre-supposed ideas on Papaya is not enough.

There is no general consensus that suggests papaya is any "good" for dengue - (what do you expect it to do?) - and putting forward an idea and then combing the net for the odd article that supports your premise is not the way to do it.

what you need - and I suggest you wouldn't understand a true scientific paper or have the time or skills to read it - is a good reliable summary written for a medical journal, or something aimed at treatment practitioners that isn't from a company that promotes papaya.

the fact is that scientific medicine is not recommending papaya in the case of dengue - as yet - and you are jumping a gun that may not eve be there.