And Now, The Super Elite Card

george

What a load of ****... Toxin speaks

The website describes Bangkok Airway(sic) as "Definitely Thailand's most useful airline"

Goes on to say, "Thai Airways International has the largest network of any airline in Asia, and serves over 70 destinations world-wide in Europe, the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand and the United States."

I wonder what criteria they use for "useful".

More drivel, :The Thailand Elite service staff exists to make it possible for you to live out your dreams in Thailand. Travel arrangements, visits to hard-to-access areas, the use of facilities and buildings usually off-limits… if you can dream it, we will do our best to help you do it."

It goes on to list; Jim Thompson House & Jim Thompson Shop, Pattaya etc They sound like 'hard to access areas'. :o

The only thing that appear worth a **** is the visa free entry for five years. Though you can be sure that won't be as trouble free as they make it out to be.

The "Property Investment Opportunity"??? What is that?? Can you own the land or not?

You'll have to get by without the land it seems. They made policy on the run, and it all got shagged up.

...visits to hard-to-access areas...

Let me see now - wouldn't those be the 4 southern provinces? :o

Nahhhh Soi Cowboy at 3.00am :D

Yeah, maybe you're right! That's probably as far South those Super Elite could go after their super-fast track airport arrival. If they survive the taxi scam that is! :D

BANGKOK: Undaunted by the failure to sell its Elite Cards, Thailand Privilege Card plans to offer a Super Elite Card to the super rich.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates will be among those invited to pay a membership fee that could be as high as US$100,000 (Bt3,9 million).

Super rich people don't need Thailand. Thailand is for people looking for bargain prices, cheap T-shirts and bar girls. The beaches are dirty, thai people are rude and the society is clearly racist. I cant see Bill Gates fitting in at the Beer Garten.

If you're super rich the US is 10 times better than Thailand, maybe 100 times.

Brazil ditto

Let me see now - wouldn't those be the 4 southern provinces? :D

Yeah, maybe you're right! That's probably as far South those Super Elite could go after their super-fast track airport arrival. If they survive the taxi scam that is! :D

Now come on. They get conveyed to their Bangkok accommodation by an Elite Card Mercedes Benz. This isn't a poverty pack operation. :o

Just returned from Singapore. At the arrival gate, they sure enough had the little golf-cart to whiz the Elite golfer off to the express immigration counter. It turned out, no elite card holder arrived that day. I guess they spend most of their time driving losers like myself around the airport terminal at break-neck speed.

ASIC

Let me see now - wouldn't those be the 4 southern provinces? :D

Now come on. They get conveyed to their Bangkok accommodation by an Elite Card Mercedes Benz. This isn't a poverty pack operation. :o

Are you sure then that the driver won't try to squeeze them for the 40 baht expressway fee in spite of having the tag? :D

ELITE CARD PROJECT

400 rich people fork out B1m each

Organisers look to China for members

BANGKOK: -- About 40,000 foreigners have shown interest in joining the government's Elite Card scheme, which is aimed solely at rich tourists, although only 400 have actually applied, organisers say.

Each member must pay a US$25,000 (about 1 million baht) joining fee, or $50,000 for corporate membership, and receives privileges including access to services at hotels, restaurants, hospitals, spas and golf courses.

Somjainuek Engtrakul, president of Finance Ministry-owned Thailand Privilege Card Company (TPC), which runs the project, said 400 people applied for membership last month. Another 40,000 had said they would join this month, including 30,000 from China and 7,000 others from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Mr Somjainuek said the armed forces had agreed to let the company use military land. Contracts had been signed to build a hillside golf course on 550-rai of land at Huay Tueng Thao in Chiang Mai's Mae Rim district, a seaside links on 480-rai at Suan Son Pradiphat in Prachuap Khiri Khan's Hua Hin district.

Earlier, TPC signed a contract for golf courses on 560-rai of air force land in Thung Si Kan, Bangkok, and on 500-rai of navy land in Phangnga.

A source said the company had asked golfer Jack Nicklaus to lower his quoted price of several million US dollars to design the courses. Joint panels will decide whether soldiers should be allowed to use the golf courses.

Army commander Gen Chaisit Shinawatra said the project would create part-time jobs for officers wanting extra work.

--The Post 2004-04-21

This goes from funny to hilarious to rib-busting joke a sentence stuff. The Thai Army are "asking Jack Nicklaus to lower his quoted asking price of several million US dollars" so the PM's cousin and his cronies can get some cheap subsidised golf, at new "Super Elite" golf courses, built on army land. He'll jump at that offer I'm sure. :D Why don't they just give Jack a card and say they've got 401 members and I'm sure he'll just design it for free! :o

I think they just got a bit confused about the 40,000 people who showed interest in the ScumCard, rather than the EliteUn. :D

Mr Somjainuek said the armed forces had agreed to let the company use military land. Contracts had been signed to build a hillside golf course on 550-rai of land at Huay Tueng Thao in Chiang Mai's Mae Rim district, a seaside links on 480-rai at Suan Son Pradiphat in Prachuap Khiri Khan's Hua Hin district.

Earlier, TPC signed a contract for golf courses on 560-rai of air force land in Thung Si Kan, Bangkok, and on 500-rai of navy land in Phangnga.

A source said the company had asked golfer Jack Nicklaus to lower his quoted price of several million US dollars to design the courses. Joint panels will decide whether soldiers should be allowed to use the golf courses.

Army commander Gen Chaisit Shinawatra said the project would create part-time jobs for officers wanting extra work.

--The Post 2004-04-21

Thaksin will build a golf course in his home province, the land stolen from the governmnet, the work for paid by foreigners. Thaksin's cousin will share a piece of the profit, his soldiers will work 'after army service hours' at the golf course to earn some extra baht, a nice way to describe conflict of interest.

Money is valued above anything else, Thaksin is selling the country now. Army land, once destined to be used for military purposes will now used for something far more important, making money for Thaksin and his cronies.

The Thais will find out one day that they actually can do the same thing that western countries do with leaders that exhibit traits and act like Thaksin, those politicians are fortunately not in politics anymore...

Dutchy

The website describes Bangkok Airway(sic) as "Definitely Thailand's most useful airline"

Well of course they are the "most useful airline".

Apart from the startup cheap airlines,

there aren't any other airlines in Thailand.

The same applies on the international market.

Thanks to the monoply situation Thailand only has one international airline.

It is like saying I am the only man, so all the girls find me useful.........

Wait until the handsome guy down the road comes along, then see how

much attention you get?

• 4 weeks later...

Boy was I laughing hard here. Some of you are so funny try Hollywood!!!!! Anyway, I got the Elite card treatment by default recently. Very nice of them since I had a bummed out knee and couldn't walk a darn. Went thru their specials with a breeze. Still have the 1M in my pocket folks. Hmmmmmmm, maybe spent only 40 Baht altogether as to tip the driver out of boredom. He was so happy to see me " Says come -come me take you" rode down the the place golfing style and I was practicing my swings and had the smile on my face to last a lifetime.

Golly, too bad the Elite hit the coffins. Wonder now what the funeral rates will be and if it is still as speedy like Gonzal. Sigh!!!!!!!!

Super Elite??????? Oh my, well it looks like soon we will be needing a magnifying glass to see how many pick up that tabby, and donate it to the unfortunate souls at the super elite office at the same token.

Anyone wanna buy that Super status???????? Now it will be interesting if they put a ferrari engine in the golf carts to wisk us a bit faster. I can't wait for my next outing to try it out.

resigned member

400 to 500 cards sold... so that mean it's 400 to 500 Millions THB..

So what they do with this money?

Does this customers have a true service benefit for their money investing?

Probably went towards the football team!!

They should replace the TAT with a gang of Lopburi monkeys ! I am sure they will do as good a job !!

I think the beloved monkey's would do a much better job. For a start, they'd wind the joint up and put the money into peanuts and organ grinder's. :o

They should replace the TAT  with a gang of Lopburi monkeys ! I am sure they will do as good a job !!

I think the beloved monkey's would do a much better job. For a start, they'd wind the joint up and put the money into peanuts and organ grinder's. :D

You mean they aren't in charge already? :o

They should replace the TAT  with a gang of Lopburi monkeys ! I am sure they will do as good a job !!

I think the beloved monkey's would do a much better job. For a start, they'd wind the joint up and put the money into peanuts and organ grinder's. :D

You mean they aren't in charge already? :o

Regretfully the organ grinder is wearing a red shirt - and it ain't Man U :D