Rawai Mayor pledges local meeting over Phuket beachfront movie museum

rooster59

Rawai Mayor pledges local meeting over Phuket beachfront movie museum

post-247607-0-21152000-1447432761_thumb.

PHUKET: Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos is hoping to meet with local residents as early as Wednesday (Nov 18) to present a new plan for the “Hollywood Museum” attraction that now allows for no trees to be cut down at the Nai Harn beachfront.

The original plan, repeatedly revised to try to have as few trees cut down as possible, was put on hold earlier this week after an outpouring of anger by local residents who claimed they were never asked their opinion on the B40-million project. (See story here.)

“I received the revised plan from the Tourism authority of Thailand (TAT) head office in Bangkok at about 3pm today (Nov 13),” Mayor Aroon told The Phuket News.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/rawai-mayor-pledges-local-meeting-over-phuket-beachfront-movie-museum-54971.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-13

Ridiculous choice of location for such an attraction. I hope the meeting does have some effect but with most of the brown envelopes already having been passed over I doubt it will make one iota of difference as it would involve loss of face for some "influential" figures.