Cheap Hotel Pattaya Beach

bbi1

Any suggestions for decent cheap hotels in the sois around Pattaya Beach (near Beach Rd) with a room safe & Wifi in the room? Possible stay around 5 nights. Don't need any breakfast. Price up to around 1,300 baht per night.

Is it best to book online or just walk into the hotel & negotiate a price after looking at the room?

Edited by bbi1

Try Soi "Post Office". (Soi Pai Sanee). Plenty of small Hotels (guest house style). practically door to door. Example: "Noble Place". Bht 700/night. Large & very clean rooms. No street noise if renting "Backside" room.

The beach is 100 meters away.

Cheers.

Red Planet 700 baht. Always cheaper via Agoda.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks, but unfortunately Agoda quotes 956 baht, even with your Agoda affiliate link :) 14sq is a bit small, looking for at least 20sq and above.

Try Soi "Post Office". (Soi Pai Sanee). Plenty of small Hotels (guest house style). practically door to door. Example: "Noble Place". Bht 700/night. Large & very clean rooms. No street noise if renting "Backside" room.

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestion of that Soi. "Noble Place" doesn't have an "in-room safe" but will have a look on Agoda for others.

Windy Inn on Walking Street. They also have a pool area and bar/eating area at the beachside, so more than just a room. Also mosquito screens attached to the French doors leading to the balcony and a nice green view. Something missing in most of Pattaya accommodation.

Garden View Deluxe comes in at 1300 max.

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestion of that Soi. "Noble Place" doesn't have an "in-room safe" but will have a look on Agoda for others.

Bear in mind that many 'in room' safes can be lifted up and removed with ease.

Cheers.

Bear in mind that many 'in room' safes can be lifted up and removed with ease.

Yes and the entire Room Service / Room cleaning Staff knows the combination of those "in room safes".smile.png I never use them.

Cheers.

Windy Inn on Walking Street. They also have a pool area and bar/eating area at the beachside, so more than just a room. Also mosquito screens attached to the French doors leading to the balcony and a nice green view. Something missing in most of Pattaya accommodation.

Pics look good….hope they aren't fm 10 years ago.

Pics look good….hope they aren't fm 10 years ago.

Refurbished recently. So they are up to date.

Im having a problem figuring the exact location of windy inn….cant read google maps to save my life…..is it at the far end of walking street, way past soi convent etc? Can you provide some perspective using landmarks? Thanks.

Im usually a sandy springs kinda guy but this looks intriguing.

Im having a problem figuring the exact location of windy inn….cant read google maps to save my life…..is it at the far end of walking street, way past soi convent etc? Can you provide some perspective using landmarks? Thanks.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=12.92472&mlon=100.86962#map=16/12.92472/100.86962

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=12.92472&mlon=100.86962#map=16/12.92472/100.86962

i said i can't read these weird maps as I don't use gps and shit but you put up another map….ok, asked another way, if Im at Insomnia facing away from the entrance to walking street how many metres down that road is it and is it on the right or left (I'm guessing on the right since thats where the sea is).

i said i can't read these weird maps as I don't use gps and shit but you put up another map….ok, asked another way, if Im at Insomnia facing away from the entrance to walking street how many metres down that road is it and is it on the right or left (I'm guessing on the right since thats where the sea is).

Not far. A few minutes walk, with the hotel on the left hand side. Well before the pier.

It is the quite side of WS. I have been to the massage shop next door before.

SL

Think of it at the other end of Walking Street and you won't be far off. It is next to the Siam Bayshore. In fact it is on both sides of the street. Garden View are in the street side building at the back, overlooking the Siam Bayshore foliage. Sea View Suites are at the front of the street side building...overlooking the sea. All the others are in the beachside building. They even have a little bit of a beach area. Not that you'd want to go into the water, but you can pop through their gate on to the beach, take a quick shower, pop into the pool, have lunch or a snack at the bar. An almost full resort experience. :)

Think of it at the other end of Walking Street and you won't be far off. It is next to the Siam Bayshore. In fact it is on both sides of the street. Garden View are in the street side building at the back, overlooking the Siam Bayshore foliage. Sea View Suites are at the front of the street side building...overlooking the sea. All the others are in the beachside building. They even have a little bit of a beach area. Not that you'd want to go into the water, but you can pop through their gate on to the beach, take a quick shower, pop into the pool, have lunch or a snack at the bar. An almost full resort experience. smile.png

Nice….thank you…I have walked to Mixx in the dark before and I am sure i must have passed it.

Think of it at the other end of Walking Street and you won't be far off. It is next to the Siam Bayshore. In fact it is on both sides of the street. Garden View are in the street side building at the back, overlooking the Siam Bayshore foliage. Sea View Suites are at the front of the street side building...overlooking the sea. All the others are in the beachside building. They even have a little bit of a beach area. Not that you'd want to go into the water, but you can pop through their gate on to the beach, take a quick shower, pop into the pool, have lunch or a snack at the bar. An almost full resort experience. smile.png

Nice….thank you…I have walked to Mixx in the dark before and I am sure i must have passed it.

They also have a restaurant and wine bar on the right hand side(if you are walking towards Mixx), La Notte. Almost opposite, is the Russian restaurant, Rasputin, which forms part of the street side building. To the left of Rasputin is where you check in. The entrance is between a Russian dive shop and Rasputin. La Notte forms part of the beachside building, but not all. There is another building on the other side of the pool, slightly south of the building that houses La Notte. So in all they have three buildings for accommodation.The beachside hotel used to be under the Claire de Lune brand, but now all sold under Windy Inn. Though they still have the Clair De Lune Payot Bar.

To be honest, the proprietors are not my favourite people. A bit rude and arrogant...which also can be seen in the attitude of their staff.

I thought you only had issues with Google maps...