TM30s and Visa Extensions Nation-wide

It's seems that the TM30 is being required at some immigration offices and not others. So instead of waiting around for the shoe to drop, I think it's simply time to be proactive.

With that said, here is a question for Ubonjoe or other expert Mods on this forum. My wife is the owner of our house and land. I want to put a TM30 in my Visa Extension via Marriage paperwork folder for early next year. We might as well fill it out now, submit it, and make copies.

1. Do you have a link to the TM30 document (I can print it off on my laser printer)?
  2. Is there any special information that we need to be aware of when filling it out?
  3. Is the TM30 different for Chiang Mai than it is for the rest of Thailand (like the TM47)?
  4. What do we do with it once it is filled out?

Because Chiang Mai immigration has turned into an insane asylum with their ludicrous queuing system, and their cut-back from processing 30 retirement extensions per day to only 20, I'm simply going to go with a Visa Agent that I've already picked. I'm sure visa extensions based on marriage will be capped at 20 as well.

I don't need a Visa Agent to fill out my paperwork. I've been doing these annual extensions for 5 year by myself and I understand what I'm doing - well, unless the regional immigration office suddenly change their regional rules. I simply need an agent to stand in line and obtain a queue number, and seeing that I'm paying them, they can do all the talking, and take care of any paperwork discrepancy that crop up if CM Immigration decides to change their processes and procedures at the spur of the moment, such as demanding a TM30 along with my Yellow Tabien Baan which they have never done before, or implementing some other inane procedure that they never have implemented in the past. I mean really? How many different ways do we expats need to show the government where we live, and that we are living here legally? It boggles the mind.

The TM30 is just another issue, but one that I believe can be taken care of simply and quickly.

Thanks!

I think that the entire Immigration service should be locked in a room a forced to watch Terry Gilliam's movie, Brazil, with Thai sub-titles. Heads of immigration should be forced to watch it for 24 hours straight. Really!

Edited by connda

Not sure they are being asked for nationwide yet.

1. PDF http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf MS word doc. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm30.doc Print pages separately.

2. You wife will complete the form reporting you as you living in her house. You will be shown on page 2. Attach a signed copies of her house book and ID card to it.

3. Same everywhere but Phuket as far as I know.

4. I think they have an office for submitting them at CM.

1. PDF http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf MS word doc. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm30.doc Print pages separately.

2. You wife will complete the form reporting you as you living in her house. You will be shown on page 2. Attach a signed copies of her house book and ID card to it.

need to give that for a 30 day extension >?

Edited by thai006

I'm attending a Chiang Mai Expat Club meeting on Friday. I'll ask around to see if anyone knows for sure where to submit the TM30 here in CM. I'll update this post with what I find out for other members.

Thanks as always!

• Like 1

Apparently just for extensions for 15/30 day visa exempt stays, jomtien is requesting proof of addy / tm30. Kind of silly imo. But TIT.

Capping extension processing would only create a larger backlog, correct?

Edited by 4evermaat

need to give that for a 30 day extension >?

Was not required today in CM for 30 day extension.

I'm attending a Chiang Mai Expat Club meeting on Friday. I'll ask around to see if anyone knows for sure where to submit the TM30 here in CM. I'll update this post with what I find out for other members.

Thanks as always!

I recently filed this. My wife owns the land I have a lease on, as well as Tabian Baan for foreigner.

A visa agent told us it was easier to go to Immigration at the old office on the road to the airport. The front office there told us to go to the Investigations (I think that is what it said on the sign) office behind them and to the side of where the copies and photos were done.

We were the only non-workers when we entered, but 3 or 4 more "customers" came in while we were there.

They completed all the paperwork and entered something into computers, then had my wife sign some kind of statement. She had to pay a fine of 1,600 baht. they put the receipt of notification in my passport.

Thanks as always!

My wife recently (October) filed a new TM30 for me at Chiang Mai, since our Post Office changed our Address.. On the phone, they directed us to the old (airport) office. The front counter there directed us to another office at the rear of the Immigration complex, past the copy shop.

Incidentally, when I did my Retirement Extension with an online appointment at the end of October, the young gal outside who was checking documents, insisted on my presenting my yellow Tabien Baan. I replied that our Amphur (Ban Hong) did not issue them. Her attitude was that this was my problem tp solve. My wife, who was with me, ended up in a rather heated discussion with her in Thai. The result was copies of my Drivers Licence, Tabien Baan (wife's), wife's ID and Drivers Licence -- all signed and attached to my application for Retirement extension. The TM30 was never mentioned. Chaos !

At Sri Racha I submitted TM 30 with my last extension, receipt stapled to passport. Do I need to submit a new TM 30 with each subsequent extension if there have been no changes in the intervening year?

At Sri Racha I submitted TM 30 with my last extension, receipt stapled to passport. Do I need to submit a new TM 30 with each subsequent extension if there have been no changes in the intervening year?

It should not be needed unless you move. But some office will want a new one. Others have said one is needed when you return from a trip out of the country.

I was just trying to work out how many ways I inform immigration of my address.

1) application for permission to stay based on retirement

2) every 90 days when I do the 90 day report.

3) when I re-new my permission to stay based on retirement each year

4) when I return to Thailand after a 1 mth visit to Australia ----arrivals card handed in at swampy.

5) when I obtain a certificate of residence from Imm ( for drivers license - 500B)....actually I just confirm that my address is still the same

6) when I returned from Aust in early Oct 2015 , I took the thai GF to immigration for her to complete the tm30 ( as houseowner where I live).

Was told ( udon Thani office) it was not needed as my address had not changed from what they had on file.

• Like 1

We just did a TM 30 submission at Chiang Mai immigration the week before last.

My wife completed the form TM 30 in Thai, address etc. I filled in the second sheet with my details

We took copies of my passport, the house book and my wife's id card to the old immigration office near the airport.

She asked in the main office and they directed us to Building 3, which is at the rear of the site titled "investigation dept"

One of the officers checked the documents and passed it on to a young lady clerk.

She logged our details, tore off the bottom slip/receipt, and we were on our way.

Easy...

The only thing the officer asked was why she had not reported sooner, she said that we had just built our house and settled in there. No problem...

My wife recently (October) filed a new TM30 for me at Chiang Mai, since our Post Office changed our Address.. On the phone, they directed us to the old (airport) office. The front counter there directed us to another office at the rear of the Immigration complex, past the copy shop.

Incidentally, when I did my Retirement Extension with an online appointment at the end of October, the young gal outside who was checking documents, insisted on my presenting my yellow Tabien Baan. I replied that our Amphur (Ban Hong) did not issue them. Her attitude was that this was my problem tp solve. My wife, who was with me, ended up in a rather heated discussion with her in Thai. The result was copies of my Drivers Licence, Tabien Baan (wife's), wife's ID and Drivers Licence -- all signed and attached to my application for Retirement extension. The TM30 was never mentioned. Chaos !

I have had the same problem three times trying to get a Yellow Tabien Baan from the Kweng in Nong Hoi, Chiang Mai.

Totally obstructive...

Please don't take my word for this but this how I understand the yellow house registration works. The same as the green one for Thais. Everyone has to be registered somewhere but it isn't necessarily the place where you actually live. As long as there is a connection to you and the owner of the registered place then that is suffice. In my case I am registered at the house of my mother in law's place 25 km from where we actually live. My TM30 (has been yearly so far), 90 day report and yearly extension all require the the actual living address but the yearly extension also requires the yellow book. So in theory one could be registered in the North but actually live in South. Thais for example, might work in BKK but live in Chiang Mai. If the Amphur where you live doesn't issue the yellow (foreigners registration) book then you will need to go to the main county office. However, please bear in mind that whatever address you decide to be registered the owner of that registered residence has to be present too and present ID card and their Green registration book.

Please don't take my word for this but this how I understand the yellow house registration works. The same as the green one for Thais. Everyone has to be registered somewhere but it isn't necessarily the place where you actually live. As long as there is a connection to you and the owner of the registered place then that is suffice. In my case I am registered at the house of my mother in law's place 25 km from where we actually live. My TM30 (has been yearly so far), 90 day report and yearly extension all require the the actual living address but the yearly extension also requires the yellow book. So in theory one could be registered in the North but actually live in South. Thais for example, might work in BKK but live in Chiang Mai. If the Amphur where you live doesn't issue the yellow (foreigners registration) book then you will need to go to the main county office. However, please bear in mind that whatever address you decide to be registered the owner of that registered residence has to be present too and present ID card and their Green registration book.

I would normally not comment on your post. but your information is so bad and misleading that I merely say to others to please do not follow this advice.

I was just trying to work out how many ways I inform immigration of my address.

1) application for permission to stay based on retirement

2) every 90 days when I do the 90 day report.

3) when I re-new my permission to stay based on retirement each year

4) when I return to Thailand after a 1 mth visit to Australia ----arrivals card handed in at swampy.

5) when I obtain a certificate of residence from Imm ( for drivers license - 500B)....actually I just confirm that my address is still the same

6) when I returned from Aust in early Oct 2015 , I took the thai GF to immigration for her to complete the tm30 ( as houseowner where I live).

Was told ( udon Thani office) it was not needed as my address had not changed from what they had on file.

You can only hope and pray that Immigration does not start to insist on all aliens using the TM28. If you do not know the TM28, it requires that you register your new address every time you change locations, and that you do so within 24 hours. Going to Pattaya for the weekend ? You need to submit a TM28 in Pattaya, and another one when you return home. Hopefully they will never do so.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm28.pdf

Edited by tigermonkey

Rayong now requires this for all extensions (new rule). Will find out tomorrow how often.

And your information source is........?

I & everyone I know has been asked to fill in TM-30 + passport copies of myself & house owner, and when I asked the immigration officer, she said "everyone" has to do so now. Of course, "everyone" might not be everyone, TiT.

I would normally not comment on your post. but your information is so bad and misleading that I merely say to others to please do not follow this advice.

Don't understand your remark so don't ่just say it's bad info, please say why. I have lived in Thailand for 20 years + and I have written based on what I do at Udornthani/ Udon Thani and the info I was given there. If you have a problem with that then please take it up with them. Having said that, there is obvious confusion because no two offices seem to follow the same system and added to that are changes that have been applied since I extended my stay last April. My previous 90 day report was simple, print out from their computer, I checked details and signed, finished. I am due for a 90 day report soon but according to what I read here it isn't going to be that simple anymore. We shall see.

Don't understand your remark so don't ่just say it's bad info, please say why. I have lived in Thailand for 20 years + and I have written based on what I do at Udornthani/ Udon Thani and the info I was given there. If you have a problem with that then please take it up with them. Having said that, there is obvious confusion because no two offices seem to follow the same system and added to that are changes that have been applied since I extended my stay last April. My previous 90 day report was simple, print out from their computer, I checked details and signed, finished. I am due for a 90 day report soon but according to what I read here it isn't going to be that simple anymore. We shall see.

OK - Why ? Firstly, the "green one for Thais" is a motorcycle registration and not a Tabien Baan blue book. "it isn't necessarily the place where you actually live" is not true -- the TM30 filed on your behalf and your yellow Tabien Baan must match, and must be your current residence.

"in theory one could be registered in the North but actually live in South" - how can you say this ? - registered in say Chiang Rai and living in Krabi ? Where does your TM30 say you live ? Where do you do your annual Extension and 90 day reports - must be the same office?

Then you say " Thais for example, might work in BKK but live in Chiang Mai" This applies only to blue book Tabien Baan and Thai nationals - not alien registration via a yellow book.

You continue to say that if the Amphur where you live does not issue yellow books, to go to the "main county office". I am not sure what the "county" is but I presume you mean Amphur. It is unlikely that the Amphur will issue a yellow book merely because you rename it "main county office" .

It is not for the alien to decide "whatever address you decide to be registered " it must be your actual address !

Finally, yes when you attempt to get a yellow book, you must have the owner of the residence with you, together with their Tabien Baan ( blue not green book), proof of their being owner/prime tenant and evidence that you indeed live there.

Edited by tigermonkey

@tigermonkey

You maybe right on the color of the Thai registration book but is either a very dark green or very dark blue. Don't suggest that I'm confusing with the motorbike registration book because your comment is also misleading; the car registration book is also blue...well, at least mine is! As for the the use of the yellow registration book then it seems we will have to settle in difference because immigration check both the yellow book and and other documents with my actual living address and have never questioned it.

Then there is the map that is required. The map must be of the actual living address and must be printed (so that details are clear) and this too I have to submit at every yearly extension. Because of this I have, elsewhere, questioned the validity and use of the yellow book. I'm told that the map is for the police to use if they wish to to pay a visit (I have never had a visit from them) and other various forms go to different departments for cross reference (I have no idea if that really is the case). Since my driving licence is a 5 year one the registered address is on the reverse side.

Rayong now requires this for all extensions (new rule). Will find out tomorrow how often.

And your information source is........?

I & everyone I know has been asked to fill in TM-30 + passport copies of myself & house owner, and when I asked the immigration officer, she said "everyone" has to do so now. Of course, "everyone" might not be everyone, TiT.

What is the reason for your extension (e.g. tourism, retirement, marriage)?

Extension Of Stay (Retirement)

19 Nov 2015 at Jomtien

No TM30 was asked for.

Docs Handed to official:

TM 7

Passport copies

Bank letter (for 800k) and copy of bankbook

copy of electric bill

I had a TM30 filled out and also had my chanote, blue house book (without my name in it), original of electric bill, and my bankbook. I didn't show any of these to the official and wasn't asked for any of them. I picked a good day to go. No one waiting and I went from the information desk (document check) straight to the extension desk and spent a total of 10 minutes inside. I also wasn't asked for any extra copies of anything like I usually am.

It should not be needed unless you move. But some office will want a new one. Others have said one is needed when you return from a trip out of the country.

Many thanks for that.

Thanks as always!

I've got to take my wife to the hospital tomorrow so the trip to Riverside for the CEC breakfast is off. I'll check the CM forum to see if anyone there knows where to send the filled out TM30 in Chiang Mai.

I tried to talk to the wife and she didn't want to deal with it. I've been renewing my annual extension for 5 years at CM and at any of those appointments they could have requested a TM30 in addition to all the other paperwork, but they never have. I love when countries make laws that the average citizen doesn't know a thing about, and then they start fining their citizens. It's not just here; it's all countries.

If we have to pay a fine, I don't see any difference between paying a fine this month or next year went I renew my visa extension. I'll simple have the wife fill out the TM30, make multiple copies, and carry them with the rest of the paperwork to the next extension appointment. If asked for the TM30 - fine; if not - fine. I'm not losing any sleep over this. The inconsistency in the application of law in this country is completely ludicrous. This place is obviously still a banana republic. They won't ever be a developing nation until they get their databases linked and their laws consistently applied, neither of which they seem to be able to do. And let's not even mention corruption and their UNHRC tier 3 human trafficking status. Far, far from being in the 'developing nation' category. I'm past the point of frustration and have reached the point of 'I don't care'.

Ubonjoe. Thanks for the info and links to the forms! You can close this.