Infant Airflight Concessions To Uk

vent-it-los

Just did a check with a casual highstreet flight booker in Pattaya

and this guy says with Emirates they have a 10% charge for the

infant flying with us adults -the parents? How does this sound?

The Infant is seven months old. So does anyone know of an airline

that let's the infant on a flight to the UK for free? Which airline is it?

When does the age for discount expire, 1 year, 2 years up, anyone?

VENT-IT-LOS

On the same topic, when checking availability for a six month open return ticket to the UK is there a price difference between a six month and a year open return ticket, same-same perhaps? Any little loop holes that one knows of will help greatly?

VENT-IT-LOS.

I believe all airlines charge infants at 10% of the adult fare(if no seat is being booked for the infant).

BA (In my opininion the best airline for traveling with children) an infant not taking a seat is charged 10% if the adult fare but gets 50% of the checked baggage allowance, a full carryon baggage allwance and a folding pushchair allowance.

BA every time for us.

We've tried Thai/Eva/Singapore/KLM and Airfrance. BA beats the lot of them for travelling with kids.

If you book a seat for the infant, BA charge 75% of the adult fare, and give the full adult baggage allowances + folding pushchair allowance.

Edited by GuestHouse

If you get a realy good discounted ticket the infant price can be more than 10%,

Often children's prices on discount fares are 75% instead of the normal 50% which does mean it can be cheaper for you to travel on the deep discount ticket and the child or infant to travel on a less discounted ticket but get a 10% or 50% fare.

Racking my brains trying to remember back to when the girls were that age. I don't think you can carry an infant on your lap after the age of one. I may be wrong but that was when we had to start buying tickets for them. Personally I don't like BA, we go singapore or Emirates but it is personal preference. Loathe alitalia and would never fly with them again even if they paid for the ticket.