Ford Everest 2.2 Titanium

bizader

Hello Everyone

This is my first post.

I am looking to buy the a new SUV and is leaning towards the Ford Everest 2.2 Titanium. I did a test drive and quite liked it, but the test drive was too short (5mins) to evaluate the car properly.

I will be using the SUV for city driving and road trips (not much off road).

Has anyone purchased the 2.2 version and can share their advice? I will greatly appreciate it.

All I can find on the web is about the 3.2 T+ version..

Thanks everyone!

I have driven one, but don't own one... so maybe not that much help.

What I can say, is that that extra 25% power in the 3.2L doesn't feel quite that much in real life - the 2.2L version with the weight savings from it's feature deletes is not as sluggish as you might expect. Probably plenty enough power/performance for a lot of people I guess.

Outside if what you know it's missing from the brochures/website, the only other things I can point out are:

* It doesn't have the underbody 'bash plates' that the 4WD versions get. You can buy these as spare parts if you think they might come is useful for the type of driving you do.

* The 2.2L 4-pot diesel actually makes for an even quieter interior when driving. I guess the 5-pot's warble is a little harder to cancel out.

* The rear end feels slightly skittish over rough surfaces, compared to the 3.2L versions. Not Fortuner level unsettled though wink.png I'm guessing adding more passengers/weight fixes that.

* The 2.2L gets roughly 15-20% better fuel economy, in real life driving (average of 12.x KM/L vs 10.x KM/L under my foot).

Edited by IMHO

In the Everest, Ford have worked the throttle response mapping - all engine variants create this sensation of having "plenty of poke" just because the first few mm of throttle travel are highly sensitive. In normal driving, i.e. keeping up with stop-go traffic, neither feels lethargic - indeed if anything, the throttle feels a little too sensitive, and will require some drivers used to more "spongy" throttle response to adapt to it.

It's only under heaver-than-keeping-up-with-traffic acceleration the engine differences become more apparent.

I'm gonna guess JaseTheBass is the kind of driver that's 50M down the road before the other cars around him have moved :P

The 2.2L 4-pot diesel actually makes for an even quieter interior when driving. I guess the 5-pot's warble is a little harder to cancel out.

Always going to be a chore to cancel out harmonics with an odd number of cylinders. No opposing piston travelling the opposite direction to negate those vibes.

The Ranger 2.2 feels sluggish to me compared to my old 2.5, so I imagine the Everest even more so, especially with the auto box. If you're not normally in a hurry and are quite happy poodling along behind people who seem to be stuck in 2nd gear then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Is yours 4wd. My 2.2 goes like a rocket. Leaves everyone behind at lights. No problems up the steepest hills around Chiang Mai.