Bus from Chaiyaphum > Surin > Chaiyaphum

rushandy

Hi fellow members,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm travelling to LoS over Christmas, and rather than just spending 3 weeks on the Mrs' farm near Chaiyaphum, I've decided to do a bit of backpacking as well and do a short trip to Angkor Wat as it's something I've always dreamed of seeing.

So anyway... It looks like the easiest route for me will be from Chaiyaphum to either Surin or Buriram, stay overnight, early morning to the border at o'Smach, then onwards to Siem Reap.

There's tons of info out there on getting from Buriram / Surin to the border and then on to Siem Reap, so I've no worries about that bit. However, I can't for the life of me find any info regarding how I might get from Chaiyaphum to Buriram / Surin using some kind of public transport.

So I have 2 questions I hope you guys can help me with...

1) For an overnight stay, which of the two places (Buriram / Surin) would be best. Which town is the most appealing if I just want to get a nice hotel, have something to eat and maybe catch a band or something? I like to be in the middle of things so will be planning to stay in the city centre.

2) What (if any!) are my options to get from Chaiyaphum to either Buriram or Surin, preferably in relative comfort :-) There must be a bus or something, but I can't for the life of me dig up any info.

Any info you can provide me with would be great.

Thanks

Andy