marriage certificate /certified translation

Hello Everybody,

My first message on here and looking for a little help regards finding the correct translator for our marriage certificate from the Ampur, getting married January to my Thai fiance and need a certified translation for it that is valid for my future wifes visa application, been told by my solicitor here in the UK that it needs to be from the correct translator that UKVI require it to be done by. Anyone know which translator I need to go to? Many Thanks.

... been told by my solicitor here in the UK that it needs to be from the correct translator that UKVI require it to be done by.

First I've heard of it. You can translate documents by yourself if you have the skill and accuracy. The marriage certificate is only required to be translated and notarised by the MFA. That's where the accuracy of the translation comes in.

I do sometimes wonder what the worth of a solicitor is, other than for complicated applications and refusals.

Thanksalot for the info, never knew i had to notarise the certificate aswell at the ministry of foreighn affairs after the registration at the amphur , thought that would be job done after the amphur apart from just getting the certificate translated by a recognised translator that UKVI accept, yeah feeling my way through the dark but getting there slowly, not as expert or savvi as most and need all the help i can get including a solicitor on this.

Cheers :)

Thanksalot for the info, never knew i had to notarise the certificate aswell at the ministry of foreighn affairs after the registration at the amphur , thought that would be job done after the amphur apart from just getting the certificate translated by a recognised translator that UKVI accept, yeah feeling my way through the dark but getting there slowly, not as expert or savvi as most and need all the help i can get including a solicitor on this.

You don't need to get your marriage certificate notarised by the MFA, as you say there is only a requirement to get the Embassy letter notarised prior to registering the marriage at the Amphur.

The UKVI only requires that translations contain the competency details of the translator.

It's better that any translations you think you might need are carried out here, they will be far cheaper than in the UK.

You will find that some authorities in the UK require original documents, if they need to they will translate themselves.

I too wonder why you think it's necessary to engage a solicitor for what is basically a straightforward process.

• Like 1

Thanks again for the info guys, yeah I think the place you might mean is tslthailand who K martin mentioned for the translation which is in the trendy office building,

Yeah I wonder why I need a solicitor aswell, dont need them for the marriage bit as we have basically sussed out everything that we need to do to make it legal but need alot of help with the spouse visa which we are going for hopefully sometime next year if my fiance/ future wife passes her TB and IELTS tests. The visa bit is just a minefield and without sounding anal need to get everyhting spot on to be totally compliant regards UKVI. Didnt realise until my last trip to Thai that I could employ a solicitor in the Uk when I spoke to someone who was doing the same. Initially was going to try Keyvisa or thaivisaexpress but didnt get alot of good communication from them when I contacted them so body swerved them. Atleast I know my immigration lawyer here isnt going to just take my money and do nothing for the privilege 'albeit solicitors do that anyways as we know' but Im double checking everything in the process so we get it right before the application eventually goes in. Would love to be able to do it all myself but need a bit of backing/knowledge etc with how things are these days

Didnt know about TSLThailand before, they same a reputable Thai law firm by appearances?, checked out the cost of their spouse visa application service at £875. Who knows if application fails with my UK immigration lawyer here in Uk then might give them a try? by then I may well know how to do it all myself and not need a solicitor .. will see

Thanks for all help, its appreciated folks :)

I do sometimes wonder what the worth of a solicitor is, other than for complicated applications and refusals.

My solicitor was able to cut through UKVI's BS and get my wife an appointment for a Premium application. Yes they were expensive but still cheaper than the £1500 in additional NHS surcharges that the crooks at UKVI charged me.

So my solicitor was money well spent. Not necessary of course if UKVI knew what they were doing.

My solicitor was able to cut through UKVI's BS and get my wife an appointment for a Premium application. Yes they were expensive but still cheaper than the £1500 in additional NHS surcharges that the crooks at UKVI charged me.

So my solicitor was money well spent. Not necessary of course if UKVI knew what they were doing.

..Not meaning to be nosey Trevor but just wondering if your solicitor was UK based or Thai based?

Regards

George

Each translated document must contain:

• confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date of the translation
  • the translator's full name and signature
  • the translator's contact details.

That will be sufficient for all UK purposes, including visa and leave to remain applications.

As Bob says, if you wish to use the translation to apply for a Schengen visa to visit Europe then it will need to be certified by the Thai MFA. May as well get that done whilst in Bangkok as it will save you a trip to the Thai embassy in London later!

If you feel the need for professional advice I suggest that you read the pinned topic on visa agents first.

I know of several so called agents run by Brits in Thailand who you should avoid like the plague; but the draconian Thai defamation laws and hence the forum rules mean that I can't name them here.

There are, of course, many agents in Thailand who are honest, professional and competent; but the only one I have any confidence in recommending is Thai Visa Express.

From his many posts about the subject, Trevor1809 wife's problems were exceptional and to do with her, made in the UK, Further Leave to Remain application, not her initial visa. But I wont hijack your topic by going into them in any more detail than that.

Each translated document must contain:

• confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date of the translation
  • the translator's full name and signature
  • the translator's contact details.

That will be sufficient for all UK purposes, including visa and leave to remain applications.

As Bob says, if you wish to use the translation to apply for a Schengen visa to visit Europe then it will need to be certified by the Thai MFA. May as well get that done whilst in Bangkok as it will save you a trip to the Thai embassy in London later!

If you feel the need for professional advice I suggest that you read the pinned topic on visa agents first.

I know of several so called agents run by Brits in Thailand who you should avoid like the plague; but the draconian Thai defamation laws and hence the forum rules mean that I can't name them here.

There are, of course, many agents in Thailand who are honest, professional and competent; but the only one I have any confidence in recommending is Thai Visa Express.

From his many posts about the subject, Trevor1809 wife's problems were exceptional and to do with her, made in the UK, Further Leave to Remain application, not her initial visa. But I wont hijack your topic by going into them in any more detail than that.

Thankyou for the constructive help on this ,much appreciated and the recommendation :)

Thanks again for the info guys, yeah I think the place you might mean is tslthailand who K martin mentioned for the translation which is in the trendy office building,

Yeah I wonder why I need a solicitor aswell, dont need them for the marriage bit as we have basically sussed out everything that we need to do to make it legal but need alot of help with the spouse visa which we are going for hopefully sometime next year if my fiance/ future wife passes her TB and IELTS tests. The visa bit is just a minefield and without sounding anal need to get everyhting spot on to be totally compliant regards UKVI. Didnt realise until my last trip to Thai that I could employ a solicitor in the Uk when I spoke to someone who was doing the same. Initially was going to try Keyvisa or thaivisaexpress but didnt get alot of good communication from them when I contacted them so body swerved them. Atleast I know my immigration lawyer here isnt going to just take my money and do nothing for the privilege 'albeit solicitors do that anyways as we know' but Im double checking everything in the process so we get it right before the application eventually goes in. Would love to be able to do it all myself but need a bit of backing/knowledge etc with how things are these days

Didnt know about TSLThailand before, they same a reputable Thai law firm by appearances?, checked out the cost of their spouse visa application service at £875. Who knows if application fails with my UK immigration lawyer here in Uk then might give them a try? by then I may well know how to do it all myself and not need a solicitor .. will see

Thanks for all help, its appreciated folks smile.png

no disrespect or disregard to any visa agent mentioned in this comment as it was probably a technological hiccup that resulted in communications being missed or lost in initial contacts on the internet and a lack of confidence in trying to contact them again after that.