Transferring a scooter; a few questions

konisaan

If there is an up to date thread on procedures for bike transfers then could someone please post a link

I bought a less than 2 year old Honda Click from a friend. My friend has filled out some paperwork relating to the transfer. Also, I have papers from the building manager where I live as proof of address. I also have the green book.

I don't want to go down to immigration or the motor registry and find out that I'm missing something, so:

1) Obviously I will have to take the address related paperwork and my passport along with me to immigration first, where they will presumably issue me some document or stamp the transfer paperwork?

2) My friend has given me signed copies of his photo page from the passport. However, he didn't give me a copy of the page showing his entry stamp or departure card. Are these necessary?

3) Is there anything that has to be signed or filled out by the original owner in the green book?

4) Anything else I need?

Your friend will need to go to Immigration and get a Paper signed by Immirgation to Sell this bike to you..Signed Book--2 Govt Papers signed by the seller...You will also need this Paper to buy it..

Edited by kiniyow

Your friend will need to go to Immigration and get a Paper signed by Immirgation to Sell this bike to you..Signed Book--2 Govt Papers signed by the seller...You will also need this Paper to buy it..

Really ? To sell one ?? I was under the impression this was never a requirement. Never sold one myself, and if it was a requirement I would just transfer the bike to my wife which is way less stress.

But yes, you will require one to buy - apart from that, pretty plain sailing, take whatever papers you have and join the queues down at DLT.

Never needed any paper to sell - bike or car. Just the relevant Green or Blue book. Sign transfer papers at DLT. Get paid.

To buy - yes. Resident Cert or up here Yellow house book