Where to buy musician ear plugs?

charmer

You could try looking in a shop that sells musical instruments, but they are extremely expensive. If all else fails, wet a sheet of toilet paper, roll it up into a ball and stick it in your ear. Works perfectly for me. If your ear canal is particularly large, just use 2 sheets of paper instead of one. That should work like a dream. As I'm on a fairly tight budget and only have about 2,000 baht of discretionary income left over to spend each month on luxuries after paying for food and rent, I get my toilet paper for free from McDonalds outlets. The price of toilet paper in supermarkets like Big C is shocking these days.

Maybe some clarification is in order here, but in the U.S., "musician ear plugs" is not going to be found at any music store. The suggestions from the kind posters are far from what would be called a "musician ear plug" where I came from. Musician ear plugs are custom molded plugs that are formed by a doctor for each user, and must be purchased from a hearing aid doctor. These plugs are awesome, as they have a replaceable attenuator/filter that can reduce the volume to select-able Db levels.

I have a pair myself, which I purchased in the U.S. at ~$200, and I love them. They fit flush in the ear, no one can see them, and it behaves like a notch filter that cuts background noise, yet leaves the vocal frequency alone. Great in the clubs when people are screaming to hear each other.

Sorry I don't know who can provide them in Bangkok, but I would suggest Google to get some photos and take it to a hearing aid doctor. I bet they will know exactly what to do.