Safe sex in the city: Thousand of 'condom points' installed in Bangkok

snoop1130

Safe sex in the city: Thousand of 'condom points' installed in Bangkok
By Coconuts Bangkok

condom_oprah_0.jpg

BANGKOK -- A total of 1,131 "condom points" have been added throughout Bangkok to offer residents free tools to practice safe sex and prevent HIV.

As yesterday marked World's Aids Day, Bangkok Administration held “Bangkok Zero Fest” where it educated hormonal youngsters on HIV as it aims to reduce the number of newly infected patients to “zero.”

Aside from the safe sex talk, it was announced that free condoms will be distributed at local health centers, district offices, police stations, city halls and selected 53 motocycle taxi stations in Bangkok.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/02/safe-sex-city-thousand-condom-points-installed-bangkok

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-02

Considering that just 1% of "decent" women I met and I had sex asked for me to wear a condom......probably Thailand is the "hub" of HIV. I got lucky..just lucky..with the 10% I didn't use it.

Edited by BKResort

I imagine there was no pun intended, but perhaps a word other than 'tools' could have been used.

"condom points" have been added throughout Bangkok to offer residents free tools to practice safe sex and prevent HIV.

........ and I would have thought that no 'practice' is required, especially in Thailand. My bad. rolleyes.gif

Considering that just 1% of "decent" women I met and I had sex asked for me to wear a condom......probably Thailand is the "hub" of HIV. I got lucky..just lucky..with the 10% I didn't use it.

I recall that only a few years ago condom machines in the toilets were deemed illegal .

When there is a glut of Thai rubber inventory (of little appeal to foreign buyers) then "Made in Thailand Condoms" will be back in public/junta favour.

The condom industry and the end-user will get a lot traction with this development.

Edited by WaiLai

After informing a huge audience about your sex life, do you consider to open your trench coat in a shopping mall?facepalm.gif

Condoms are like crash helmets. Everybody knows they can save your life. But not everybody will wear them. Unfortunately, there are no cops lurking around the corner to fine you for not wearing protection.

The most pressing need is not for more condom vending machines, desirable though they are, but for much better sex and relationship education in Thai schools, where thousands of teenage girls are forced to end their education early because they have become pregnant.

There also needs to be a special public education programme aimed at minority groups such as gays and transgender women, whose lifestyle and sexual activities make them particularly vulnerable to HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.

According to a recent report in an English newspaper, the chances of a gay young man in Bangkok becoming HIV positive are a frightening one in three and transgender women are at even greater risk.

Perhaps the Buddhist fraternity, so vociferous on many matters arguably of less importance, could throw its considerable weight behind efforts to tackle these two vital issues. After all, it is men who need to be persuaded to wear condoms.

Edited by Krataiboy

Condoms are like crash helmets. Everybody knows they can save your life. But not everybody will wear them. Unfortunately, there are no cops lurking around the corner to fine you for not wearing protection.

The most pressing need is not for more condom vending machines, desirable though they are, but for much better sex and relationship education in Thai schools, where thousands of teenage girls are forced to end their education early because they have become pregnant.

There also needs to be a special public education programme aimed at minority groups such as gays and transgender women, whose lifestyle and sexual activities make them particularly vulnerable to HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.

According to a recent report in an English newspaper, the chances of a gay young man in Bangkok becoming HIV positive are a frightening one in three and transgender women are at even greater risk.

Perhaps the Buddhist fraternity, so vociferous on many matters arguably of less importance, could throw its considerable weight behind efforts to tackle these two vital issues. After all, it is men who need to be persuaded to wear condoms.

I think that the "fraternity" as you call it would get fully behind this issue if there were some benefit to them.

Perhaps the manufacturers could make some of these condoms large enough to be stretched over their shaven heads thus serving a multiple of purposes including that of protection against the rain. Ribbed and scented models would be inappropriate of course but ones with tattoos would no doubt be extremely popular!

Edited by WaiLai

1,131 "condom points"

Are these the leftovers of the ones that were not allowed to be installed at schools and universities due to parents and professional moralists intervention?

Check the expiry dates. Don't be caught with your pants down and a expired condom. Be safe out there the life you save may be your own.

I am certain that millions of Thai wives and foreigner's wives as well, will be happy to hear this.

Reminds, years ago, true story, wheN American Airlines wrote thanking recepients asking how they

enjoyed their " Free Companion Ticket To Hawaii " and the wife who DIDN'T GO TO HAWAII, OPENED THE

MAIL !

"condom points"?

Subtle.....very subtle!

If you need a point on the end of your condom then you had better buy the "Condoms for Dummies" and just take your time before "slipping' on the skin"

* I do love the notion described in the article as being "free tools" to enjoy sex. It conjures up all sorts of possible scenarios.

"Madam, I'm here to deal with your plumbing complaints. Before I start, please let me show you my tool kit as I have prepared to come for all eventualities"

Edited by WaiLai

1% of the decent women you have had sex with in Thailand wanted you to use a condom? That means that you have had sex with at least 100 decent women and only 1 of them wanted protection. How many decent women have you had sex with, you big hunk?