Going going Gone.

Brit_Doggie

With some sadness and also excitement. over the past few days i have been preparing
to move my roots from Pattaya to Trat, due to my gf's grandma being hospitalized
without going deep it gonna be a sad day very soon,
so anyway the house is bequethed to gf so she been getting work done improvement wise.
So in a few days, off i go and it doesn't look like i will be involving myself with tvf
as i will help her on the farming aspect and the house bar that she intends to open along with other
buisness plans we have discussed, so farewell all you guys even the
picky barstewards, and you know who you are.

Change is often a good thing. Hope everything works out great. An occasional report on the transition would be nice.

Yes I gotta watch my approach carefully, not worked since early retirement at 49 now 62 so tounge was in cheek when I stipulated that my demise would be cometh, but I have to at least make it seem that I am helping her, I was looking at the option of setting a business plan and approach which would lead me to spending sometime at the pc that way she gets my help and I get my time hehe.

The trat in ? is south and close by is Cambodia border, as for working in grans house it is now or will be owned by her with a dble width entrance adjoining ground floor rooms and the size is enough to accommodate a separate entrance only to the so called bar and pool table, here's the funny part whilst I freely let her use my ATM card she takes care of me just like a private bank manager and she is the best cheap Charlene I ever met and actually gave me 10k for no reason as I never have carried cash or cards whilst I been with her, so my money all that I having going into a thai acc is at current rates 15k pr 4 weeks she is welcome to rip me off, I know some sceptics think I living a dream and my fingers get burnt but hey old school boy scout hehe.

ignis spot on map I'm the white star towards bottom of said map.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Brit, its sad to see you go this way, but no different to any other expat with a pretty thai GF, before you, just the names and places have changed.

When I first met my 85 yo mother inlaw, one of the first things she said to me was "only take the money out of your pocket that you are prepared to loose" I said mae what do you mean, her reply was "arai wa ! only bring to Thailand what you are prepared to loose"

I replied "Cop Khun crub mae, mae pen geng mak" and she replied "you are my son now and I have to look after you too"

Sound advise from a street smart and straight shooting, elderly Thai lady.

I am guessing you will need TVF more than ever once you get settled upcountry.

BEST wishes on your life with an- ex pattaya bargirl..............hahaha.

HINT-the girl is going to open up a bar in trat.

Just wondering -how many busineseeses is your gf expecting you to finance?

Edited by Nomyai