How to grow cucumbers in Thailand?

Berindist

It really depends on the variety. Have you researched them to ensure they are suitable for a tropical climate? If they aren't don't waste your time. Then you need to look at whether this variety would be more suited to the cooler (? depends where in Thailand you are) times or the wet season. Some prefer one, others prefer the other.

If indeed you get a match with these two, growing them is quite easy. They are quite hungry, so they need a rich, well composted soil, possibly with some manure added. Depending on the variety, you will need to trellis them or maybe just let them run on the ground. Plant the seeds about 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep and then water well. Once the seedlings emerge, depending on your gardening method, feed them with seaweed emulsion (organic) or a balanced fertiliser (non-organic). Pick the fruit early and regularly so as to keep the flowering/fruiting process going as long as possible.

Many tropical OK varieties don't mind a bit of afternoon shade rather than full sun, in fact I plan it that way to reduce sun damage. Otherwise, with the above caveats there are few problems. Just look at how many are commercially grown here, particularly in the wet season. I'm presently growing a smaller, pickling variety - a type that relishes the cooler weather we have here (the North) at the moment. They are going gangbusters with very little attention. I just feed them with seaweed emulsion.

Hello All, if you aren't growing a special cuck, save time and money instead

of importing seed especially if you are new to growing. For Bt.20 you can buy

a pack of 40-50 seed and no big lo$ if nothing grows good.

Everybody around here grew them and they are cheap at the local market, Bt.10

for what in the pic.

rice555

post-37242-0-53871400-1450469060_thumb.j