Please read!

shaggy1969

Hi folks

A few matters that need your attention.

Negative comments and remarks!

If anyone has a problem with another members image or content of their posts,please keep it off the forum.

If you really feel that strongly about the content of a post,then please use the PM system directly with the

member in question.

Image quality and content

Could everyone on the forum please try and post only their best work.I have seen many images

being posted on here that are badly out of focus.Also things like checking your white balance and

checking to see if the image is level.Simple to do and it makes for a better image

Please try and post only images that you are proud of,or images that you think may be of interest to others!

I apologize if I have offended anyone with my comments,but I believe for the good of the forum,it needed to

be said.Also, I am trying my level best to recruit new photographers to the forum,so lets try and keep this a

place where they will want to stay and share their work!

Thank you

Shaggy

Support your efforts to raise the quality; too many shots just appear to have been dumped here for the sake of it, without any thought as to whether they have any worth. Perhaps if there was some way of limiting submissions to no more than one per day (for example), people might think a little harder about what they want to share.

I gotta say dude being more supportive may be a better option, people are sensitive especially the old people 555

hinting at a way to correct or improve the work, Lightroom trick and Photoshop could work better and keep the flow of images

But thats just my opinion thumbsup.gif

I'll remember to keep my "snaps" to myself in the future as I don't profess to be a "photographer"

I may consider than an image may be of interest to others but others may not.

Elitist is exactly the image you have portrayed in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really starting to understand why no-one ever stays very long as moderator of this forum!

You folk wouldn't believe how much time I spend trying to keep everyone happy on this forum,not to mention the endless time

I spend searching for trying to find new members, sending emails to try and recruit them here.......also the messages I get from

members on this forum who have issues with other members or the images they post and where they post them.

The whole aim of this thread was merely to ask people to be more considerate with each other and with the images they post.

At no time have I ever deleted anyone's images (unless asked) nor shall I ever do so,people are free to post whatever and no

limit has ever been set on how many they chose to post.

I am giving up my own free time to do this work,if anyone thinks they can do better........step right up and do it!!!

Shaggy, you're doing a great job. Thank you for being here.

I support the idea of a photo post limit of 1 per day. It will force people to make a more thought trough decision of which photo to post. Like you said: the out of level, out of focus, etc won't be so much an issue anymore.

Also I'd like to add another suggestion. When I click on any image the same image re-appears with a white border. Now if you make that border black or dark grey this option would be very interesting since Thaivisa offers a white background to all images.

Shaggy, you have been doing a great job on this forum.

I admire your sensibility in your posts and I commend your efforts to keep the photography forum going on a decent standard.

One thing I have to tell you is please learn and try to ignore.

Please keep up the good work.....most of us are supporting you.thumbsup.gif

I have to agree with the great work Shaggy is doing .... and to the efforts that previous Mod have given freely of their time....thumbsup.gif

I am not in favour of one "perfect image" a day.... it's going to make the photo forum too "elitus" .... Whether one or several images per day, what does it matter? Just keep scrolling....or don't look at areas of no interest... For many of us this is a hobby and many people find it something positive to do....To me is to show for the most part.... "Life in Thailand" .... it's interesting to compare how some things are "same same" but places one would like to try and visit too....

It helps people see what others are doing, some people who have been around here have really improved over the years ...DAL is a good example, but others too!

When I joined, I can't remember when, the forum was pretty dead.... It got going with Photo games and has evolved from that to being (usually) the best forum on Thai Visa... Once in awhile we get a few "bumps in the road"... That's bound to happen.... we will never please all of the people all of the time!

I just tried looking through the early days, I see it started in 2003 as far as I can figure.... it was very slow for several years, I think Kan Win is one of the few from the very early days... people come and go for one reason or another....

Let's try to be positive and whether new or seasoned photographers let's keep it going.... it's been pretty darn good around here lately...thumbsup.gif

It's only once in a blue moon i pop back here nowadays . . . & that's just to goosey gander at what y'all are togging at lately. Gotta say, well impressed by all the 'old crew', & with that...you specific guys know who you all are with that i hope... you're making some stunning images thumbsup.gif ..some great new talent here too!

So aside from the unchanging snooty ultra minority that still unfortunately dwells here, i reckon this tog forum is doing well tops these days & Shaggy is continuing to perform his stellar duties just as he always did. clap2.gif

wink.png

Hi everybody ,

I have a problem with that Shaggy wrote :( he sent me a PM about that, thank to you Shaggy )

" .Also things like checking your white balance and

checking to see if the image is level.Simple to do and it makes for a better image "

I have a laptop and I don't know how to calibrate it ;

I know I need a datacolor Spyder5Pro for example ;

I need it and after what shall I do ?

I use a computer since nearly 20 years but I don't know anything about computer mecanics ;

so I can buy that machine but don't know how tu use it .

Help me , please, come to my house in nowhere in Issan cheesy.gif

When with Sammuijimmy, I forgot to ask him about that ...

Thank you Chonburiram & Tywais;

now I have to found a demo for a laptop !

and to buy or find somebody who has a Spyder5Pro biggrin.png

That is a good video, not too fast and easy to follow... thumbsup.gif

One thing I find if I am editing during the day, I seem to get different results if editing under daylight light bulb light at night.... When uploading too there is some loss in quality,... which can be a little bit annoying! .... It seems to vary depending on the image!...

Trying to help you while you were here might have been the blind leading the blind! whistling.gif

Apologies for not replying sooner.

Many thanks to you all for being good sports in regards to the comments I made in my original post.

As the old saying goes "United we stand, divided we fall",this is very much a true saying,thank you all for supporting me!

Regarding the editing.......you are not alone,I also have many problems,it is a very fine balance to get it just right.I have been pulled up a couple of times (thankfully)

by some of the experienced photographers on this forum to say 'Whoaa Shaggy,too much contrast,saturation etc" We are very lucky to have such talented people on

our forum,who are willing to shared their knowledge and experience.So, if you like me, have problems with some aspects of editing,Just ask! Maybe it's a good idea for

a new thread?

I am flying back home to my loved ones tomorrow and so I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on this forum the very Merriest of Christmas's and a

Happy,Healthy and Wealthy New Year.Also a big thank you to you all for sharing your images and for helping to make this forum a pleasurable place to be!

I will be popping by from time to time whilst I am at home,but I hope that you can all understand that my time back home with my family is very precious and so you

will not see me very often.

All the best to you all and I will look forward to seeing you all in the New Year

Cheers

Shaggy

Archived