6 Month Stay

Hello

Arriving from Costa Rica Monday Oct 16, what do I need to do for 6 month stay, could not get to

Thai embassy in states for non o visa, do I have to do visa run every month, my stay is just

tourist stay only.

:o Go to Penang consulate ,before your v.o.a has expired [or a the nearbiest consulate/amb]

and get there one tourist visa 2 months plus one month excemption

makes it 90 days

after that do it all over again and you get again 90 days

Well it looks late in the day to get a Tourist Visa, so now you're just going to get a 30 day VOA 30 day stamp (with a short extension available still)at the Bangkok airport. While you're here you can decide on where to go for your Tourist Visa (60 day with an available 30 day extension) which will usually entail an overnight in a neighboring country. You can look around the board as to which country will suit best. Ninety days later, you can make another Tourist Visa trip, and you'll be all set. If you're going to be here for 6 months, these trips can be a nice way to see a few of the surrounding countries (Laos, etc.) Even with all of the Visa hoo-ha going on, this Visa regimen should have no problems.

Edited by calibanjr.

Well it looks late in the day to get a Tourist Visa, so now you're just going to get a 30 day VOA 30 day stamp (with a short extension available still)at the Bangkok airport. While you're here you can decide on where to go for your Tourist Visa (60 day with an available 30 day extension) which will usually entail an overnight in a neighboring country. You can look around the board as to which country will suit best. Ninety days later, you can make another Tourist Visa trip, and you'll be all set. If you're going to be here for 6 months, these trips can be a nice way to see a few of the surrounding countries (Laos, etc.) Even with all of the Visa hoo-ha going on, this Visa regimen should have no problems.

calibanjr, is it possible to do this back to back so one could stay for a year at a time if you wanted to?

Thanx, Spiritman :o

As far as I know - no.

You can get a 2-entry Tourist Visa = 60+30 x2. You are using two of your 3, 30 day extensions right there. I guess you could leave to your country of origin, get another single entry TV and use your last extension on that for a total of 270 days.

You would then need to be absent from Thailand for however many days it is, in order to reset the 30 day extension timer.

Or am I way off on this?

Can you still get back to back Tourist Visas???

Is the new 90 day in then 90 day out rule only appliable to VOA

I ask all the tough questions :D:D:o

Nam, I've been labouring over this problem for weeks. I've been into some major visarun operations in Pattaya and all of them have said that back to back tourist visas are possible, in particular from Penang.

I'm not totally convinced that such will be the case and these visarun businesses would not be helping themselves by creating any negative panic.

I wonder if anyone can give us a definitive answer on this.

Can you still get back to back Tourist Visas???

Nobody has said that you cannot. The trick will be finding consular offices that will issue them without hassling you. I think that it's still way to early to have any definitive answers as to the actual issuance of such back-to-back visas. A lot could still change, either for the better or the worse, between now and January.

Is the new 90 day in then 90 day out rule only appliable to VOA

Yes, the 90 days rule applies to the thirty-day visa-less entry stamps (which technically are not VOA).

Nobody has said that you cannot. The trick will be finding consular offices that will issue them without hassling you.

I think the "trick" will be to hire an "agent" so that face to face contact is not necessary.

If you provide a decent "tip" to the right person, your odds will be increased immensely.

It's often been said on here that Consulates from further afield are more forgiving in nature when it comes to visas. When the dust settles and the true picture of the current situation is known, those in trouble may like to sit down with a travel agent and check out bucket seat prices to consulates that are a tad more helpful than the norm in Asia. Perhaps a type of consulate league table may be a thread worth starting in a month or two ( along with members, bucket seat recommendations ).