Merry Christmas to all

Ghostnigel

While still living in USA I had a 50-liter stockpot and I would cook two big fresh hams the day before, finish them in the oven, and then take them to somewhere having a free Christmas dinner. I don't go much for Christmas myself but I enjoyed the look on all when you walk in with enough ham to feed 100 people. Then I'd go home and chill.

Edited by JLCrab

Happy day to those like me that don't have family to spend the day with, and are hanging out on TV. Cheers.

I forbid my Thai wife/family to mimic any Christmas celebrations.

For New Years Eve three suckling pigs (boar type) are reserved for the big party when they all come home.

The sons will do the "dirty job" and then put them on the stick.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Happy day to those like me that don't have family to spend the day with, and are hanging out on TV. Cheers.

For New Years Eve three suckling pigs (boar type) are reserved for the big party when they all come home.

Would they be prone to mimic any Christmas celebrations if you didn't forbid them?

It was just another work day for my Thai wife when I called her, though she did wish me Merry Xmas.

It was just another work day for my Thai wife when I called her, though she did wish me Merry Xmas.

I took my wife to work as per normal. I would have worked too, but the school is having mid-term exams, so no classes.

And she did wish me a merry Xmas at about 4 am thumbsup.gif

Edited by Seastallion

Would they be prone to mimic any Christmas celebrations if you didn't forbid them?

My wife repeatedly ask whether I want to do a Christmas celebration (or why not).

She seems concerned that I can not do without it.

I want to check something. Thais working retail don't say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays these days, do they? Never happened to me in Thailand. I did comment to a clerk wearing one of those funny red hats and I could tell she HATED it. Boss made her do it, of course.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 to all, from 'snowy' Korat. Tonight,(Boxing day) we have another nosh-up with my golfing buddies, then,

we are off to the mountains of Loei for new year. Maybe no internet...(good riddance!!) Whaa?, who said that?post-189204-0-20881100-1451104861_thumb.

Edited by Ghostnigel

I want to check something. Thais working retail don't say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays these days, do they? Never happened to me in Thailand. I did comment to a clerk wearing one of those funny red hats and I could tell she HATED it. Boss made her do it, of course.

You mean those red and white New Year's caps?