'Super' Fuel

I have a car which runs on LPG, but starts on Petrol.

I also share it with a Thai person.

He asks that we use 'Super' Fuel, meaning we use the high octane fuel as it seems to start first time, everytime on that.

Maybe it's RON 97 or 98 here?

Seems to be easier to find Rocking Horse **** then the high octane fuel.

I don't read Thai. What would be easy is if I knew the current price of 'Super' fuel, then, when driving past the Service/Gas Station sign, I can quickly glance and see if the price is displayed, thus I know that, if I need it, 'Super' is available there.

So, to cut out many of the replies,

No, I don't always ask the Thai person to buy the fuel, he's kind enough to take car of the maintenance side of things.

Yes, I do want to use the high octane fuel, even if a lower octane fuel does the job sufficiently enough.

Oh, also, what do the higher performance cars use here? The Turbos, Benzs and BMW's of the world.

Don't they need a RON 97/98 fuel?

Thanks

As your Thai friend appears to be an expert on such matters and the fuel tank will only want filling every few weeks anyway...suggest that he does it and share the cost. Maybe a new battery would start the car first time on any fuel.

--- filling every 3-4 months!.

Filling every 3-4 months is longer that we go, in fact we never fill the gasoline tank, just keep the gauge between 1/4 and 1/2 so that if we do run out of LPG at least we have a few kms to find some.

Ours starts on gasoline and it takes a couple of kms to change over to LPG (automatically). On our way home, if we can remember we set the fuel supply back to gasoline for a km or so.

Have you sorted the problem?

Edited by JAS21

He asks that we use 'Super' Fuel, meaning we use the high octane fuel as it seems to start first time, everytime on that.

I don't read Thai. What would be easy is if I knew the current price of 'Super' fuel, then, when driving past the Service/Gas Station sign, I can quickly glance and see if the price is displayed, thus I know that, if I need it, 'Super' is available there.

No, I don't always ask the Thai person to buy the fuel, he's kind enough to take car of the maintenance side of things.

Yes, I do want to use the high octane fuel, even if a lower octane fuel does the job sufficiently enough.

Oh, also, what do the higher performance cars use here? The Turbos, Benzs and BMW's of the world.

Thanks

As your Thai friend appears to be an expert on such matters and the fuel tank will only want filling every few weeks anyway...suggest that he does it and share the cost. Maybe a new battery would start the car first time on any fuel.

Filling every 3-4 months is longer that we go, in fact we never fill the gasoline tank, just keep the gauge between 1/4 and 1/2 so that if we do run out of LPG at least we have a few kms to find some.

Ours starts on gasoline and it takes a couple of kms to change over to LPG (automatically). On our way home, if we can remember we set the fuel supply back to gasoline for a km or so.

No problem. I was merely pointing out, that a full tank of gasoline, last a lot longer than "a few weeks", on a car with LPG.

Of course it depends on, how many times a day, you start your car.

Thanks

No problem. I was merely pointing out, that a full tank of gasoline, last a lot longer than "a few weeks", on a car with LPG.

Of course it depends on, how many times a day, you start your car.

No, I wondered if the OP had decided what to do. One option is put whatever fuel you like in and just tell his Thai friend ...garage say super ...

I didn't know that cars still had carbs... as many say old fuel gets

stale but the car should still start.

Maybe it's starting on LPG anyway ...ours will.

It sounds like the csr is not exactly new ...so should be happy if it starts at all ☺☺☺☺☺......

Vote for TA ... POTY .....

Thanks

To that latter part. The newer petrol engine BMWs run on 95.

You can use 91 but they recommend against it. Or rather, they tell you it's fine but that you might notice a degradation in performance.

You can also use E20. That seems to run fine on a 528 but I'll only use that one out of 4 tanks and then only when there's a decent saving to be made . With current fuel prices, I stick to straight up 95.