u torrent not downloading

ghworker2010

As already said could be a number of reasons a bit more information could be useful.

If you are downloading from a public site such as Kickass or The Pirate bay or Extra Torrent look for the same movie on several other sites and download from them also to add more trackers and increase your chances of getting a reasonably fast download.

smile.png

Earlier this week my U Torrent crashed and the previously downloaded files usually shown on the app all disappeared, but the downloaded files themselves were still on my computer.

I closed the program and restarted it. Since then it's been working OK.

As others have said, it may simply mean that no one is seeding the files you're trying to download. Find another file to download that shows a large number of seeds and try that one for comparison.

Edited by Suradit69

If you connect via TOT they double NAT (or something like that) and uTorrent doesn't work. I switched to Tiscali (then to Sinet!)

Most TOT subscriber installations are not double NAT.

But some ISPs are now switching some subscribers over to CG-NAT (Carrier Grade-Network Address Translation) where, instead of being issues a direct public IP address that works directly on the Internet, they are now issued a reserved IP address that must first connect with a proxy server ...essentially double-NATing the user.

A person would recognize this by either looking at the WAN address issued to their modem/router, or looking at the gateway address.

If it is within the reserved IP address range of 100.64.0.0 – 100.127.255.255 then this is a good indication of CG-NAT and direct packet traffic access to your LAN will not be possible (without employing external server tricks).

Luckily most users who need direct access to their LAN/PC from the Internet have been able to request that the Public IP address issued to their Router on startup be restored.

If the OP's case, as suggested, it's recommended they try downloading other files, preferably some with high peer counts.

try to reset your router...just unplug from power wait 5 minutes and re power....

then try 0ne good active torrent and set download limit to 500 and upload limit to 20...

Monitor speed and see what happens if all looks good slowly increase your download speed too what you require

Leave upload speed at no more than 20...works good for me with utorrent

Have you tried Deluge or another torrent service??

some Good free VPN may help as well, I use from Thailand ...Zenmate, GoVpn, or Cloak vpn....

Good luck