Myanmar man, 25, becomes fifth official Phuket traffic death during New Year's holiday break

webfact

Myanmar man, 25, becomes fifth official Phuket traffic death during New Year's holiday break
Eakkapop Thongtub

1451825742_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- A full-face crash helmet was not enough to save a 25-year-old man from Myanmar when he crashed his motorbike into signs and an electrical post in Koh Kaew this afternoon.

At 2:20 p.m. today Than Zaw Htwe was seen on CCTV on a Honda Wave motorbike speeding in the left lane near the PTT petrol station next to Boat Lagoon. Footage shows a white pick-up truck attempting to make a left turn to enter the petrol station, causing Than, speeding from behind, to swerve to avoid colliding with the truck, but instead ended up crashing into the signs and electric cable entanglement.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/myanmar-man-25-becomes-fifth-official-phuket-traffic-death-during-new-year-holiday-break-55656.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-04

Speeding?

Not trying to undertake a vehicle turning left might have been a contributing factor too!

Was the truck indicating? Did it's brake lights work?

No, blamed on speeding rider again, easy target!

I've seen the cctv and the bike rider was wrong.(overtaking on the left hand side)

Speeding?

Not trying to undertake a vehicle turning left might have been a contributing factor too!

Was the truck indicating? Did it's brake lights work?

No, blamed on speeding rider again, easy target!

I've seen the cctv and the bike rider was wrong.(overtaking on the left hand side)
In itself overtaking on the left is not illegal, and for bikes quite often the compulsory way if overtaking.

In itself overtaking on the left is not illegal, and for bikes quite often the compulsory way if overtaking.

Ok you have the advantage as I have not seen the footage.

Do agree that undertaking is not illegal, did not suggest it was. Just dangerous, especially if another vehicle is slowing and looking like it may turn left.

I think the motorcycles lanes are a danger to motorcyclists and one of the main contributory causes for the high death rate amongst riders.