Nam Nao national park chief calls on tourists to keep it clean

webfact

Nam Nao national park chief calls on tourists to keep it clean

PHETCHABUN, 14 January 2016 (NNT) - Nam Nao national park chief Uthai Chansuk said Thailand's national parks are now growing more popular among tourists but the increased number of visitors might cause adverse impacts such as the degradation of natural resources.

The park chief called on tourists and other people to dump garbage outside the park by putting it in given black plastic bags and leave them outside the national park area or at the park's checkpoint so that the forestry and wildlife in the park will be safe from pollution caused by waste.

Nam Nao national park covers an area of approximately 603,750 rai or 966 square kilometers of land in Phetchabun province’s Lom Sak district and Nam Nao district and Chaiyapoum province’s Khon San district.

The park area generally consists of high mountains which pose as a boundary line between the Northeast and the North. It is viewed as one of the most beautiful national parks in Thailand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-14 footer_n.gif

I wonder " who" he is implying with the word " tourists" as Thais are amongst the dirtiest people I know, the next issue would be plastic bags full of rubbish left " outside" the park...............hoping he means they will be disposed of properly not just as they are " outside the park"

I wonder " who" he is implying with the word " tourists" as Thais are amongst the dirtiest people I know, the next issue would be plastic bags full of rubbish left " outside" the park...............hoping he means they will be disposed of properly not just as they are " outside the park"

This is where Suradit comes along to explain it's only westerners that litter here in Thailand.

The park chief called on tourists and other people

Do the Thais not count as tourists? The indigenous peoples of every country on the planet are deemed 'tourists' if they are, er, touring. Is there a difference between 'tourists' and 'holidaymakers'? Anyway, I'm guessing the 'other people' aren't the garbage dropping polluting couldn't give a sht Thai?

Some members seem to be confused or offended by the use of the word "tourist". I wonder why....

A "tourist" is a person who travels for pleasure. They can be divided into many different sub-categories. For example domestic tourists (people travelling within their own country), international tourists (people who travel abroad), eco-tourists, etc.

Putting up rubbish bins would help the situation. Emptying these bins at REGULAR intervals (i.e. BEFORE they overflow with rubbish) would be the second, logical step to take.

And as somebody else has pointed out, sorting and recycling would be the next step.

Edited by djayz

The funny thing is that "Nam Nao" in Thai language is actually Dirty Water.

No, that word is a different tone. nao (หนาว) in the name of this park means "cold", not "dirty".

Edited by canopy

Some members seem to be confused or offended by the use of the word "tourist". I wonder why....

A "tourist" is a person who travels for pleasure. They can be divided into many different sub-categories. For example domestic tourists (people travelling within their own country), international tourists (people who travel abroad), eco-tourists, etc.

Putting up rubbish bins would help the situation. Emptying these bins at REGULAR intervals (i.e. BEFORE they overflow with rubbish) would be the second, logical step to take.

And as somebody else has pointed out, sorting and recycling would be the next step.

We're ALL 'tourists' sunshine. Your having to apply for An Extension Of Stay each and every year, should give you a clue blink.png

BTW agree about the bins, my neck of the woods ongoing eyesore as nowhere to dump their rubbish once they've fled LaLaLand and the lovely ragpickers only interested in recyclables. I'd pay for a few myself if I could be sure they wouldn't be nicked by the er, ragpickers for selling on smile.png

Provide some bins around the parks & have them emptied a couple of times a day. Oh that might mean doing something constructive. My bad!!! You can't leave the rubbish removal up to normal Thais as they don't give a toss about the environment & pollute everywhere they go. Look at the streets they live in, the canals, the beaches & the parks. Just filth.