Postman.

emilymat

I've posted before about this but am unable to find the original post, so I hope it's OK.

Anyway, all this morning I was in the house doing various bits and pieces before going to play golf.

When I opened my gate at 11.30am I noticed that there was a card in my post box, indicating the postman was unable to deliver a parcel.

This is nuts. I have a bell on the postbox which has a receiver in all three of my rooms in the house. I have no back garden or anything. The bell has my name in English and Thai and works perfectly. In fact you can hear the receivers ring from the postbox with the windows open - which they were.

So why does the postman not ring the bell?. (see photo),given it's clearly attached to the postbox for this very reason?. It would be simpler than filling out a card and then putting it in the postbox about 1 inch above the bell.

I can only conclude.

1. He didn't actually have the parcel and wants me to collect.

2. He gets some sadistic buzz from making a farang have to make a special journey to Naklua, which cannot be done now until Monday.

3. He doesn't know what a bell is for.

4. I didn't give him an Xmas or New year tip.

I find it both annoying and bizzare.

Anyone else have the same experience?.

Are you expecting a parcel/delivery that would be too big for him to carry on a motorcycle? (I ask, because I wonder why you would think he didn't have the parcel is an option.)

Is it possible that the card was delivered the previous day and you were out, or that despite the fact you say you can hear the bell that you were just for a few minutes in a room or location where it might not be heard - the bog for example?

Is the battery OK in the bell? No recent rain damage to affect it working?

Have you had a run in with him before that may give him cause to want to give you grief?

Rather than think I'm being persecuted when these things happen, I find it better to assume there is a perfectly acceptable explanation for the occurrence - I find it makes for a much happier day.

Unless of course I know for sure that I'm being shat on, and then I usually find a way to do a bigger dump on them. thumbsup.gif

Are you expecting a parcel/delivery that would be too big for him to carry on a motorcycle? (I ask, because I wonder why you would think he didn't have the parcel is an option.)

Is it possible that the card was delivered the previous day and you were out, or that despite the fact you say you can hear the bell that you were just for a few minutes in a room or location where it might not be heard - the bog for example?

Have you had a run in with him before that may give him cause to want to give you grief?

Rather than think I'm being persecuted when these things happen, I find it better to assume there is a perfectly acceptable explanation for the occurrence - I find it makes for a much happier day.

Unless of course I know for sure that I'm being shat on, and then I usually find a way to do a bigger dump on them. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for those views.

The parcel is a 1000 piece jigsaw from the UK. Not big.

The bell works perfectly. I gave it another test ring when I saw the card.

It came today - I'm certain.

I'm not feeling persecuted, it's just un explainable to me to me. A journey to Naklua is some distance.

The only reason I thought he might not have had it in the first place is that my mind thought maybe he has too many parcels to deliver and leaves some at home, substituting them with cards and then picking them up from home and taking them back to the post-office after his shift. After all, had I been standing outside the gate when he came he could have driven straight past as I would not know he had a card for me already written out. (suspicious minds?. )

thanks anyway.

Not unusual here for postmen to pull that card stunt.

Recently i got a call from Banphai post office, please come and collect your parcel why? i ask your name is on the parcel in English, postman cannot read English. Hello i say is the address in English or Thai? Address is in Thai she says. Well he can read thai so deliver m parcel.

Parcel contained a tablet, easy to carry on motorbike.

Not unusual here for postmen to pull that card stunt.

Recently i got a call from Banphai post office, please come and collect your parcel why? i ask your name is on the parcel in English, postman cannot read English. Hello i say is the address in English or Thai? Address is in Thai she says. Well he can read thai so deliver m parcel.

Parcel contained a tablet, easy to carry on motorbike.

Easy to carry on motorcycle but perhaps difficult to deliver willnot fit in mailbox. Thus it becomes a personal contact item. He may be only allowed to make a certain amount of personal calls on a given day and he may have had is quota for the day by the time he got to yours. many things involved here not easy to pint a finger.

Thanks for those views.

The parcel is a 1000 piece jigsaw from the UK. Not big.

The bell works perfectly. I gave it another test ring when I saw the card.

It came today - I'm certain.

I'm not feeling persecuted, it's just un explainable to me to me. A journey to Naklua is some distance.

The only reason I thought he might not have had it in the first place is that my mind thought maybe he has too many parcels to deliver and leaves some at home, substituting them with cards and then picking them up from home and taking them back to the post-office after his shift. After all, had I been standing outside the gate when he came he could have driven straight past as I would not know he had a card for me already written out. (suspicious minds?. )

thanks anyway.

Yu tink to mutt...