NGK G-Power spark plugs

canthai55

Never been much of an experimenter in this regard, excepting my days of running bikes with surface gap plugs. Went shopping yesterday for some LPG1 plugs. No Stock. Asked for regular nickel electrode BKR6E. My go-to guy only had 5's but said try these. BKR6EGP

Stuffed them in this AM. 2001 NV Wingroad - our cruise in town car. Amazing difference on gasoline and LPG. Idle more smooth, acceleration improved. Totally satisfied. 120 baht each. My nickel days are over. Will source LPG plugs when back across the Big Water.

Edited by canthai55

As plugs here are only 120 baht and labour to fit is OK. i would not buy "special" LPG plugs and simply change the plugs everytime i change the oil!

I change yearly - or close to. Want to try the LPG plugs to see if they last longer. Marketing says yes, but I want to check for myself. And I change myself - Steel plug in Aluminum head - got to be careful. Apply NeverSeez and torque.

• 2 months later...

Thank you 'canthai55'.

I had my Nissan NV (also running LGP) for service today and also changed the spark plugs to NGK G-Power Plug.

The improvement is, as you wrote: More stable idle and more power.

Before; idle was between 850 and 950 rpm. Now it's (completely) steady at 900 rpm.

For the power; I drove in 3. gear at 1,500 rpm; then did the "pedal to the metal" and there was definitely an improvement in torque.