Tourist visa refused in hcmv. really confused

@thecyclist :

Yes hcmv was considered friendly until now that's why I was surprised.

And no I did not observe anything particular.

Other people obtained their visa normally.

Still don't know why I was single out like that.

@thecyclist :

Yes hcmv was considered friendly until now that's why I was surprised.

And no I did not observe anything particular.

Other people obtained their visa normally.

Still don't know why I was single out like that.

as someone else asked earlier what passport do you carry?

whistling.gif Did you have the required exit ticket from Thailand after the Thai tourist visa ended?

If you read the internet page of both Hanoi and HCMC it states that they can require the applicant to show a confirmed ticket out of Thailand to issue a single Entry Tourist Visa.

I know they don't always do that but they can if they choose to.

It looks to me that you just went as the British general Montgomery admitted in WWII "just one bridge to far".s

(in Belgium Montgomery needed to take just two bridges from the Germans....he seized the first one but never got the 2nd one.)

In other words, you overdid it and they just sent you away as a trouble maker.

In your case I think it was "one to many visas".

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I don't understand what you mean by'wich paasport I'm carrying' ?

It's a normal European passport.

I had the ticket out of Thailand.

As I said, I checked I checked before the requirements and i did all by the book.

Even the lady agreed to that.

Not all european passports get same treatmeant as far as Thailand goes. For example Latvians do not get 30 exempt stamp when they fly to thailand so it is possible that there are different treatment for tourist visas also..

Edited by thaitero

What i have heard thaiembassy in paris is more stricter than other embassys in europe when dealing touristvisas. Maby there is some unknown reason why Thailand thinks that people with french passport needs tighter rule interpretation than others in Europe,,

Edited by thaitero

Update : like ubonjoe correctly guessed, i have been able to enter and get a 30 exemption without any problem.

The officier quickly browse through my numerous thai visa but it didn't seem to bother him and didnt ask me any questions or proof of found or ticket out.

A huge relief for me as you can guess.

I guess we can say that the problem was only related to the consular in HCMV.

We will see in the future if other fellows have the same problem or if I just had back luck.

I hope i will also get the 30 day extension without any problem.

I will use this time to think about a more stable situation (maybe come back home and get the METV..)

Update : like ubonjoe correctly guessed, i have been able to enter and get a 30 exemption without any problem.

The officier quickly browse through my numerous thai visa but it didn't seem to bother him and didnt ask me any questions or proof of found or ticket out.

A huge relief for me as you can guess.

I guess we can say that the problem was only related to the consular in HCMV.

We will see in the future if other fellows have the same problem or if I just had back luck.

I hope i will also get the 30 day extension without any problem.

I will use this time to think about a more stable situation (maybe come back home and get the METV..)

If the Paris embassy holds true to form you will not get an METV there unless you have been back in France for 90 days. They require that to get a single entry visa.

If the Paris embassy holds true to form you will not get an METV there unless you have been back in France for 90 days. They require that to get a single entry visa.

Really ?

Wow, i totally missed that part when i read about the METV rules...

That means i'm totally running out of options to get viable visa options then.

Only thing that remains for me is to get my 60 days visa in Laos and wait for the dreadful day i will finally get my application rejected because "too many thai visa".

Hmm, not so great.

Really ?

Wow, i totally missed that part when i read about the METV rules...

That means i'm totally running out of options to get viable visa options then.

Only thing that remains for me is to get my 60 days visa in Laos and wait for the dreadful day i will finally get my application rejected because "too many thai visa".

Hmm, not so great.

It is number 4 on this page of embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/informations-generales/reglement-du-service-des-visas/

Waiting for a another report or two about it but there has already been a report of getting a METV at a honorary consulate in Australia by a citizen of the UK.

You should not have a problem getting single entry tourist visas in Laos for a while. You can stretch the time between having to get them to almost 5 months by doing a border hop for a visa exempt entry and then getting a 30 day extension of it.

Indeed, how could i miss that.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

You should not have a problem getting single entry tourist visas in Laos for a while. You can stretch the time between having to get them to almost 5 months by doing a border hop for a visa exempt entry and then getting a 30 day extension of it.

That's what i've been doing the past months.

Well, i guess i can continue to go this route until it doesn't work anymore.

A cut and paste straight from the Ho Chi Minh City Thai consulate site.

---------------------------------------

TOURIST VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  • Visa application form completely filled out
  • Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph (s) of the applicant
  • Evidence of travel (air/bus ticket to and from Thailand)
  • Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

------------------------------------------

This is what hey have on their web site....

They may not always ask for #3 but they can ask to see your ticket, if they wish to.

If they wish to they can interpret #3 as requiring you to show an exit ticket from Thailand after your tourist visa ends.

if you do not have, such a ticket , ...they can refuse to issue a visa.

Hanoi has a similar requirement.

Just to re-emphasize....this can be ignored or enforced at their choice.

I think she was just having a bad day, and you were there at the wrong time.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

A cut and paste straight from the Ho Chi Minh City Thai consulate site.

---------------------------------------

TOURIST VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  • Visa application form completely filled out
  • Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph (s) of the applicant
  • Evidence of travel (air/bus ticket to and from Thailand)
  • Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

------------------------------------------

This is what hey have on their web site....

They may not always ask for #3 but they can ask to see your ticket, if they wish to.

If they wish to they can interpret #3 as requiring you to show an exit ticket from Thailand after your tourist visa ends.

if you do not have, such a ticket , ...they can refuse to issue a visa.

Hanoi has a similar requirement.

Just to re-emphasize....this can be ignored or enforced at their choice.

I think she was just having a bad day, and you were there at the wrong time.

Think you are correct. I've always found it very friendly. Always only had flight ticket INTO thailand. Think the op was just very unlucky

This announcment i found on Hanoi embassy. http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/5605

It says METV available to tourist of all nationalities. Will try check it out on my trip in april.

You will be disappointed.

That link just reveals a copy of the original announcement. It does not say that tourists of any nationality can apply for and receive an METV at any Thai Embassy/Consulate.

• Like 1

This announcment i found on Hanoi embassy. http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/5605

It says METV available to tourist of all nationalities. Will try check it out on my trip in april.

Although it does also state that other documents may be required depending on which visa you apply for, either SETV or METV .

It could mean that any nationality can apply for the METV as long as they have a permanent residency certificate and all the other documents listed and its just the SETV that those documents are not required