Natali Glebova Receives Work Permit At Department Of Employment.

Khutan

Miss Universe 2005 Natali Glebova, citizen from Canada, came to receive work permit from Mr.Chuthatawat Indrasuksri, Director-General of Department of Employment. Miss Natali will work for Boonrod Trading company, which is well known for producing and distributing products under Singha brand name, to promote the image of the company. She has been permitted to work in Thailand for one year.

According to the regulation related to the criteria of issuing work permit for alien workers 2004, alien workers have to apply for work permits within 30 days, as specified by the Investment Promotion Act or other relevant laws, since the first date of their arrival to the kingdom or the date which they are informed of allowing to work. Other alien visitors who temporarily visit the country have to ask for permission before getting to work. Alien workers in Bangkok can apply for work permits at the 2nd floor of Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour, Mitmitree Road, Din Daend or at Division of Work Permit for Investment, situated on the 3rd floor of Thanachat Building, Ratchadapisek Road, Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400, Tel. 0-26939346. Alien workers who live in upcountry can apply for work permits at provincial employment office in their locality.

At present, there are 25,410 alien workers in Thailand under Investment Promotion Act 1997, Petroleum Act 1971and Industrial Settlement Act 1979 while 77,819 alien workers are allowed to work temporarily.

Ministry of Labour would like to warn that alien workers in Thailand who have no work permits will be jailed up to 3 months or have to pay up to 5,000 bath fine or face both penalties.. Employers who hire illegal workers will be jailed up to 3 years, or pay up to 60,000 bath in fines or face both penalties. More information can be obtained at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/indexhtml or Tel. 0-2245-2745.

Source MOE Website http://eng.mol.go.th/inform_sep2806.html

Miss Universe 2005 Natali Glebova, citizen from Canada, came to receive work permit from Mr.Chuthatawat Indrasuksri, Director-General of Department of Employment. Miss Natali will work for Boonrod Trading company, which is well known for producing and distributing products under Singha brand name, to promote the image of the company.

Source MOE Website http://eng.mol.go.th/inform_sep2806.html

I wonder how this job will fit in if alcohol ads are banned. Could be a short lived position.

1. Natali Glebova, citizen from Canada, came to receive work permit from Mr.Chuthatawat Indrasuksri, Director-General of Department of Employment.

2. She has been permitted to work in Thailand for one year.

3. According to the regulation related to the criteria of issuing work permit for alien workers 2004, alien workers have to apply for work permits within 30 days, as specified by the Investment Promotion Act.

4. alien workers in Thailand who have no work permits will be jailed up to 3 months or have to pay up to 5,000 bath fine or face both penalties.

5. Employers who hire illegal workers will be jailed up to 3 years, or pay up to 60,000 bath in fines or face both penalties.

Since (1.) says she's just now getting her work permit, and (2.) says she's been working in Thailand for a year and that according to (3.) which says she has 30 days to apply, can we expect Miss Universe to be locked up in a Thai jail as per (4.) and that the CEO of Boon Rawd will be thrown in prison for 3 years as per (5.)????

Shouldn't they follow their OWN rules if they go to the trouble of publishing them???

As was discussed previously in the thread,

Former Miss Universe Gets Work Permit ,

this sleazy illegal worker has been plying her job skills for months without a work permit like some Cambodian construction worker or a Burmese fishing boat crewmember. She should be treated similiarly and loaded onto the back of cramped and crowded police pick-up and hauled off.

Edited by sriracha john

this natalie legover is being promoted relentlessly on thai tv.

her less than attractive face and rictus grin are turning up everywhere from bakeries to butchers shops .

she is a drone , devoid of character or personality , and other than nodding her head in agreement with everything said to her , adds nothing to the programmes or projects she is pushed into.

she should do well selling thai grog.

Edited by taxexile

Very crass comments guys. Are u jealous that you're not as attractive as her, that you don't have work permits, or that she's a celebrity? So the woman's got a work permit to promote beer. Good for her. Another foreigner endorsed to work in the country. And if the labor dept. wants to make mileage out of it, why not? Boonrawd's paying her wages and they're piggybacking. Smart thinking, I reckon.

And get the facts right: the report says she was authorized to work for a year, the duration of any work permit, not that she has already worked for a year. That tosses out the rest of that comment.

Now go try changing a few light bulbs.

Very crass comments guys. Are u jealous that you're not as attractive as her, that you don't have work permits, or that she's a celebrity? So the woman's got a work permit to promote beer. Good for her. Another foreigner endorsed to work in the country. And if the labor dept. wants to make mileage out of it, why not? Boonrawd's paying her wages and they're piggybacking. Smart thinking, I reckon.

And get the facts right: the report says she was authorized to work for a year, the duration of any work permit, not that she has already worked for a year. That tosses out the rest of that comment.

Now go try changing a few light bulbs.

18 May 06

Singha Corporation, the brewer and distributor of Singha beer, embarks on a big move to reach an international consumer base by launching Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova as its brand ambassador. As Singha brand ambassador, Natalie will help promote Singha brand image.

- Business Day

when was it that she started working? :o

btw, I'm not jealous of her attractiveness... I'd look terrible with false eyelashes...

Er, it doesn't say she started working then. It says she will be its brand ambassador. Not everyone accepts a job and starts the next day. And in any case, she would not need a work permit to promote the brand outside of Thailand, where the `international consumer base' is mostly located.

Btw, don't be coy: I'm sure you'd look very cool with false eyelashes.... Might even get an offer to be a brand ambassador. Could open a whole world of opportunity.

Edited by chatette

...just another typical day at the Labour Ministry...

nataliegetsherworkpermit.jpg

Just a bit strange, if you look at the tiled wall in the background it looks like a bathroom or a changing room.

Rather strange place to be issuing a work permit from.

Also is she is such a "Super Star" why isn't she going to the One-Stop service ?

i think the cynicism of the posts is due to the fact that she has zero qualifications for the job , (does she even have a university degree ?)other than her appearance.

women are usually the first to complain (and rightly so ) when their abilities are overlooked in the job market.

Er, it doesn't say she started working then. It says she will be its brand ambassador. Not everyone accepts a job and starts the next day. And in any case, she would not need a work permit to promote the brand outside of Thailand, where the `international consumer base' is mostly located.

Btw, don't be coy: I'm sure you'd look very cool with false eyelashes.... Might even get an offer to be a brand ambassador. Could open a whole world of opportunity.

Between personal appearances in America for Singha and displaying her employee ID card to one and all five months ago, do you STILL think she JUST started working for Singha?? :D:o

=============================================

The Nation

May 17, 2006

post-9005-1161325671_thumb.jpg

Natalie will work with the beverage company as one of its three corporate brand ambassadors until the end of the year after she passes on her crown to her successor. The value of the contracts was not disclosed. "All I can say is that I can't reveal it because it's the superstar rate but the deals are part of our marketing budget this year of Bt100 million," advertising manager Piti Bhirombhakdi told reporters yesterday. Natalie, who appeared at the press conference to receive her employee ID tag with No 5000 on it, said she had been impressed with Singha from the beginning.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/05/17...es_30004209.php

===========================================

Dallas, Texas (May 24, 2006) -- Banana Leaf Restaurant welcomed Natalie Glebova, Miss Universe 2005 and Singha’s new Ambassador to the nations. Singha’s leadership team Mr. Chutinant Bhirombhakdi, Executive Vice President/ Director of Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd., and Mr. Tom Kruesopon, Chief Executive Officer were also kind enough to join us at Banana Leaf restaurant located in Dallas, Texas.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/5/prweb389209.htm

==============================================

Her duty as an ambassador is to promote the brand locally and abroad as well as to appear as a presenter in all media. "I've already prepared by learning Thai and I'll take an intensive course in Thai culture," said Natalie, who is known for giving the best "wai" greeting among foreign beauty queens.

She said she does not fear for her image. "I'm the brand ambassador and I'm promoting the brand Singha, which is a solid and respectable company. I'm not promoting alcohol in particular." Natalie may also be seen endorsing products that have no conflict of interest with her work at Singha.

http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/news.htm

===============================================

The Nation

September 9, 2006

"We have hired ***past tense*** Miss Universe 2005, Natalie Glebova, as a brand ambassador because she has a good understanding of Thai culture. She has been introducing the Thai wai [bow] on the international scene."

Chutinant Bhirombhakdi, executive vice president of Boonrawd Brewery

===============================================

Some might would say their working relationship extends back even further (a year) when she had the crown:

‘SINGHA’ JOINS HANDS WITH ‘NATALIE GLEBOVA’ TO LAUNCH “WAI”

Singha and Natelie Glebova joined hands in launching “Wai” - a new TV Commercial promoting the Thai traditional greeting and Thai culture to people and countries worldwide, before the Miss Universe 2005 leaves this evening for the United States to fulfill her other activities there as Miss Universe 2005.

Mr. Chutinant Bhirombhakdi, Executive Vice President and Director of Boonrawd Brewery Co.,Ltd., said “On 5-6 October 2005, Singha brought back to Thailand Natalie Glebova and her family to shoot Singha’s two new TV commercials – “Wai” and “the Most Beautiful” – aimed at globally promoting Thai culture especially the “wai” - the traditional Thai greeting. The production of these two TVCs has now been completed. Today, we have invited the members of the media to be among the first to watch them, together with Natalie, who will go back to USA this evening to do further activities as Miss Universe 2005.”

The two TVCs have been created under the concept “Singha promotes Thai culture to the world”. The 60-second TVC “Wai” will be aired via local TV stations and on Thai Airways international flights, as well as on TV stations in other countries where Singha is popular. The other TVC “the Most Beautiful” will have a running time of 30 seconds.

==================================================

It is interesting, as a sidenote, that her own hometown wasn't too receptive to her promotional works, even when she did have the crown.

Toronto gives Miss Universe cold shoulder

July 19, 2005

CBC News

The city of Toronto has barred Miss Universe from opening a festival over concerns about sexual stereotyping. "I was a little bit hurt by the whole thing. I love Toronto. It's my hometown," said Natalie Glebova, the 23-year-old Canadian woman who captured the Miss Universe title in Bangkok in May.

she has a good understanding of Thai culture.

this z-list bimbo cannot even speak one word of thai.

the only understanding of thai culture she has is that once aboard the gravy train , grit your teeth and grin and grasp for as long as the ride lasts.

“Singha promotes Thai culture to the world”.

as the world holds its breath in anticipation ...... not.

natalie , who is known for giving the best "wai" greeting among foreign beauty queens.

with extraordinary abilities like that she'll be up for a f*#cking nobel next.

Could open a whole world of opportunity.

within a year of her contract running out , shell be doing flap shots for playboy. :o

natalie, who is known for giving the best "wai greeting" among foreign beauty queens.

"wai greeting" is a euphemism for....????

I really think you guys underestimate this one.

A foreigner who can do a 'wai' properly means a huge amount. Done well, and is better than a foreigner being able to speak semi-fluent thai.

I remember after going to see a cracking Robbie Williams concert (yes I admit it...) and the one comment I heard from people afterwards, "Robbie Williams wai's really beautifully!" Many, many people are really impressed by this one.