Russia’s Putin probably approved operation to murder Alexander Litvinenko

snoop1130

I cannot believe a Judge is permitted to release a report that says a current serving world statesman "probably" gave an order to kill someone! With the potential S**t that could hit the fan over such a statement it is grossly irresponsible. I don't like Putin but in world politics you cannot go around throwing "probably" at world leaders when it concerns a very serious criminal offence. Over 80% of the Russians love Putin and there are tens of thousands of Brits that live and work in Russia. Judge Owen needs to be retired quickly.

I dont think any thing would have been said, if there was no concrete evidence. Because most of a population likes the leader does not mean he is a good man,

I cannot believe a Judge is permitted to release a report that says a current serving world statesman "probably" gave an order to kill someone! With the potential S**t that could hit the fan over such a statement it is grossly irresponsible. I don't like Putin but in world politics you cannot go around throwing "probably" at world leaders when it concerns a very serious criminal offence. Over 80% of the Russians love Putin and there are tens of thousands of Brits that live and work in Russia. Judge Owen needs to be retired quickly.

I dont think any thing would have been said, if there was no concrete evidence. Because most of a population likes the leader does not mean he is a good man,

The same can be said of Donald Trump, Putin's best friend in the US presidential candidate's.

If Putin is in fact the evil dictator that many seem to think he is, this is simply business as usual. He does not come across to me as one who would micro-manage and I doubt he would get his hands dirty in such matters. If I am wrong and he is a micro-manager, he is not long for the program anyway. Those kind do not last long at that level.

This is not micro managing. It's a big deal to kill somebody on a foreign soil. Which was done here. It is possible he wasn't intimately involved, but it's also possible he knew all about this. Few know the truth. But what we do know, is Russian agents did in fact kill this poor man. And he's not the first.

"My father and I are sure that the Russian authorities are not involved. It's all a set-up to put pressure on the Russian government,” Litvinenko told the Mirror, adding that such reasoning is the only explanation as to why the inquiry was launched 10 years after his brother's death.

Maksim Litvinenko, Aleksandr's younger brother who lives in Rimini, Italy,

I happen to agree with the brother.

If Putin is in fact the evil dictator that many seem to think he is, this is simply business as usual. He does not come across to me as one who would micro-manage and I doubt he would get his hands dirty in such matters. If I am wrong and he is a micro-manager, he is not long for the program anyway. Those kind do not last long at that level.

This is not micro managing. It's a big deal to kill somebody on a foreign soil. Which was done here. It is possible he wasn't intimately involved, but it's also possible he knew all about this. Few know the truth. But what we do know, is Russian agents did in fact kill this poor man. And he's not the first.

"My father and I are sure that the Russian authorities are not involved. It's all a set-up to put pressure on the Russian government,” Litvinenko told the Mirror, adding that such reasoning is the only explanation as to why the inquiry was launched 10 years after his brother's death.

Maksim Litvinenko, Aleksandr's younger brother who lives in Rimini, Italy,

I happen to agree with the brother.

Hardly a reliable source. Luckily, the UK government has hard, scientific evidence. Not just speculation from a relative about how committed the crime. From the above article:

In his report, the judge laid out the overwhelming scientific evidence against Lugovoi and Kovtun, including a trail of radiation that stretched from the hotel teapot to the sink in Kovtun's room and even to Emirates Stadium, the home of the Arsenal soccer team where Lugovoi attended a game.

Irrefutable proof.

"And what possible advantage would President Putin ever have had by ordering two goons (Andrei Lugovoi and Dmitry Kovtun) over to the UK to murder Litvinenko? With Polonium-210 of all things? Why are these goons still alive if Litvinenko died weeks after he is supposed to have consumed the isotope in tea, and a decade later the UK's two suspects are still alive and kicking? - "

I am not arguing that these two goons were not involved. I am arguing Putin's involvement for which there is no proof at all. Nobody is talking about the two goons, they are speculating on Putin's involvement.

"And what possible advantage would President Putin ever have had by ordering two goons (Andrei Lugovoi and Dmitry Kovtun) over to the UK to murder Litvinenko? With Polonium-210 of all things? Why are these goons still alive if Litvinenko died weeks after he is supposed to have consumed the isotope in tea, and a decade later the UK's two suspects are still alive and kicking? - "

I am not arguing that these two goons were not involved. I am arguing Putin's involvement for which there is no proof at all. Nobody is talking about the two goons, they are speculating on Putin's involvement.

Agreed! No direct proof. But the blame lies at the top. Putin was in charge then, he needs to accept the responsibility for this. It happened on his watch. It's proven it was done by an FSB agent. The FSB does report to Putin, doesn't it?

Lugovoi is now a member of the Russian parliament, which means he is immune from prosecution in his country.

A proven killer is now part of the Russian government. With no internal investigations going on inside Russia. Just a blame game against the west.

Rubbish. It was an inquiry and the Judge was charged with finding the probable cause. If you don't like English law, feel free to move to Putin land where the law of thuggery applies. I don't doubt many Russians love Putin. Millions of North Koreans wet themselves over little Kim and we are told that millions in Thailand adore the current General PM. It means nothing. So what if tens of thousands of Brits are working in Russia helping support a country that is subject to EU sanctions and which has launched military sorties into UK airspace. Know what I would call these Brits? Traitors or collaborators or greedy slime. Toss them under the boss for all I care. Churchill was right about Russia.

It is in the textbooks in Russian schools in the Chekist Putin's Russia, descended from Stalin's Soviet Russia.

Murder, Russian-Style: Political Assassination

"Death solves all problems," Joseph Stalin once declared. "No man, no problem." While Stalin may be history, his management style remains in vogue. Indeed, in the latest government-sanctioned high-school history text, Stalin is described as someone who used "terror as a pragmatic means of resolving social and economic problems." And so contemporary Russian society has learned to see individual murder as a means of management as well.

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1851854,00.html

It is beyond any reasonable doubt the Chekist Putin initiated the political assassination. All of 'em.

The government assassinating you is in the textbooks of Russian schools. It is in Putin's background in the Cheka, ie., KGB along with the GRU which is from the days of Soviet Russian military spying and information gathering. It comes from Ivan the Terrible and the long line of czars.

It is the Russian way.

Edited by Publicus

If the Chekist Putin did not want or would not tolerate political assassinations of his opponents occurring in Russia, there would not be any. Or there would be very very few instead of a steadily occurring incidence of 'em.

Political assassinations in Russia are always of Putin critics or opponents. Existing Putin allies or political cronies are not imprisoned or murdered. Only journalists critical of Putin, fallen out subordinates, political opponents are "mysteriously" killed. Obviously killed. One was just recently shot to death walking outside the Kremlin walls.

Critics and opponents of Putin only. With Putin and all of Putin's predecessors for a thousand years everything is personal.

Edited by Publicus