Thai Passport For Luk Krung Child

Sakeopete

Where are you located?

If in Thailand, you need to go here to apply for it http://www.mfa.go.th/web/143.php

Though if you are out of BKK, check out the site to see if there is a passport office closer to you.

You'll need the birth certificate, the Thai parents House registration, ID card, as well as the other parents passport. The baby should also be registered on the house registration as well.

The application 'form' is two lines. Once you have this filled in, they basically go through the house registration database and put the info into the passport, as needed.

Bubs will need to be there as well, for the photo and the toe print to be taken in liu of a signature.

once you have it, ALWAYS depart and re-enter on the thai passport.

I just replaced the expired Thai passports for my two children on Wednesday; all I needed was there Thai birth certificates, the blue house book, my wife’s id card and my passport.

Both parents have to be present to sign the form and the cost is 1035 baht, depending on where you do it, it can take as little as half an hour if it is not busy and the passport is posted to you’re Thai address 1 week later.

Quick question there, my little one will also be getting a thai passport, having a uk passport already how would she leave thailand on a thai passport without a visa?? :o

Not a problem.

The Airline might want to see both passports.

The immigration will want to see the Thai Passport..

Quick question there, my little one will also be getting a thai passport, having a uk passport already how would she leave thailand on a thai passport without a visa?? :o

Not a problem.

Thats right. The airline will want to see that your little one has the right to enter the final destination, lest they get fined by the government of the destination country. The British passport handles that. Think of it as a super visa of sorts.

The sequence is such for a trip to the UK.

Bangkok check in: Show the airline both passports. UK PP tells the airline that the child has the right to enter the UK, and the Thai PP tells them to give you a departure card. Clearly, if they have a UK passport, they know that a visa in the Thai passport isn't needed.

At Thai immigration: Show the Thai PP with the filled in departure card. Child will be stamped out, and the corresponding arrival card will be stapled into the Thai PP, for use on return, whenever that may be.

UK: Flash the UK passport and you are in with no restrictions on the length and condition of stay

Departing the UK, reverse the above check in process.

Arriving back in Thailand: Hand the thai passport to immigration (having filled in the arrivals card that has been stapled in there). Child is stamped in with no restrictions on the length and condition of stay

I do this all the time (am lucky to have two passports!). Immigration are fine with the above process, and don't care about following stamp trails in passports.

I just replaced the expired Thai passports for my two children on Wednesday; all I needed was there Thai birth certificates, the blue house book, my wife’s id card and my passport.

Both parents have to be present to sign the form and the cost is 1035 baht, depending on where you do it, it can take as little as half an hour if it is not busy and the passport is posted to you’re Thai address 1 week later.

Did the thai last week..will do the canadian for my son the next.

Thai..

SHow up at Passport office at the 5th floor Central BangNa-in the car park outside Homework. Open 830-1530.. Go in take a number at the front counter. Go to both 30, then to Booth 15 for height.. Wait till your number is called and go inside and take pictures, fingerprint etc. Need fathers passport, Mothers ID and house papers and Babies Birth certificate.. DId not need marriage Cert. Pay 1000B and 35 B for EMS and wait 5 days.. Took us 2 hours max..

Not a problem.

Thats right. The airline will want to see that your little one has the right to enter the final destination, lest they get fined by the government of the destination country. The British passport handles that. Think of it as a super visa of sorts.

The sequence is such for a trip to the UK.

Bangkok check in: Show the airline both passports. UK PP tells the airline that the child has the right to enter the UK, and the Thai PP tells them to give you a departure card. Clearly, if they have a UK passport, they know that a visa in the Thai passport isn't needed.

At Thai immigration: Show the Thai PP with the filled in departure card. Child will be stamped out, and the corresponding arrival card will be stapled into the Thai PP, for use on return, whenever that may be.

UK: Flash the UK passport and you are in with no restrictions on the length and condition of stay

Departing the UK, reverse the above check in process.

Arriving back in Thailand: Hand the thai passport to immigration (having filled in the arrivals card that has been stapled in there). Child is stamped in with no restrictions on the length and condition of stay

I do this all the time (am lucky to have two passports!). Immigration are fine with the above process, and don't care about following stamp trails in passports.

THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!!! :D

• 1 year later...

I am a Canadian, engaged to a Thai woman and planning on getting married and having a child. It would be ideal for the child to have dual-citizenship but I thought Thailand does not allow dual citizenship, or are there exceptions? Or do you simply somehow avoid telling Thailand officials that the child has Canadian citizenship as well. I am trying to plan if we would be better off to have the child in Canada, but then would it be hard to get the child a thai passport? And vise versa... Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I am a Canadian, engaged to a Thai woman and planning on getting married and having a child. It would be ideal for the child to have dual-citizenship but I thought Thailand does not allow dual citizenship, or are there exceptions? Or do you simply somehow avoid telling Thailand officials that the child has Canadian citizenship as well. I am trying to plan if we would be better off to have the child in Canada, but then would it be hard to get the child a thai passport? And vise versa... Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks

That all finished in 1992. It is not a problem now.

I've got two passports. My daugher has three. Thai, NZ and Australian. She used all three recently when we went down to NZ and OZ on for a holiday, of course departing and re-entering Thailand on her Thai passport.