Any walking street/night market in Lopburi ?

only1

One on Tuesday and Friday night near Tesco Lotus, flea market and food, some clothes,

Food markets near the bus station and railway station, ask the locals.

Thank you.

So it's Tuesday and Friday night. Is it as big as the one near Monkey Mall, foodwise ?

Is there any day or night Market just on Wednesdays ?

There are not many food stalls near the Railway Station. The one near Monkey Mall is surprisingly impressive, but why so far away.

Yeah there is a cool night market, small, but cool and some bars to. At Si Suriyothai ring road near the zoo

If you drive from the station to direction To the big C and tesco, to the big roundabout . Before you enter the roundabout take the first small road to the left.

This market open untill very late, some side soi's have some bars to. Once there is live music to.

Dont be scared in lopburi, its a very nice place, if you have trouble with anyone..... Just say " cobra gold"

And you'll be fine.

As for transport just use the pick up type bus's ,or Rot-Song-Tell's in Thai there are all red and will stop anywhere ,flat fair ,I think of 8 Bart , run until late into the evening .start out past Mine- Bear ,run in to the town centre.

It is not very often I get in to Lopburi in the evening ,but when I do ,I often see a new small market some do seem to last long , ask for a Dalart -Nut ,weekly/ nightly market ,some one will tell

There is a market every night in Lopburi in different parts of the town.

As stated there is a good large night market at Tesco Lotus on Tuesday and Friday. On these same nights there is also a smaller food market in front of the Amphoe offices near Narai roundabout.

On Wednesday there is a night market in the old part of town opposite the railway track, along the road where Noom guesthouse is situated. This is the only one in the week in this part of town.

On Sunday the market is behind the school at the far southern end of the prison road (south from Narai roundabout to the next roundabout) .This area is called Pa Wai.

On Saturdays and also Wednesdays there is another big market further out of town at Airforce 2 base which is on the northern road from Narai roundabout about 5km i think on the way to Khokatiem and Khok Samrong. You'll see the base on your right, some old aeroplanes mounted up near the roadside.

These above are quite large markets selling a range of stuff (clothes etc) as well as foods.

There is also a smaller food market on Mondays and Thursdays again along the prison road about 2km from Narai roundabout on the right, but not open long after dark.

And there's a small food market 7 nights a week just past the large Big C on the Saraburi road out of town, it's opposite a 7-11 on the corner. Again this closes after dark.

Another every day to early eve near bus station.

If you want just a food stall/sit down outside place there are 2 places open every night.

One is again alongside the railway tracks in the old part of town.

The other is near the large roundabout, Sakaew Circle 2km from the old town. It's along one of the circular roads parallel to the roundabout. This one has a lot more choice than the railway tracks one.

Hope this all helps.

I wasn't sure if by your query about a Walking St you meant something similar to Pattaya's. Nothing like that in Lopburi I'm afraid. But if you mean markets for food, clothes, etc then the above is where it's at.

As stated there is a good large night market at Tesco Lotus on Tuesday and Friday. On these same nights there is also a smaller food market in front of the Amphoe offices near Narai roundabout.

On Wednesday there is a night market in the old part of town opposite the railway track, along the road where Noom guesthouse is situated. This is the only one in the week in this part of town.

On Sunday the market is behind the school at the far southern end of the prison road (south from Narai roundabout to the next roundabout) .This area is called Pa Wai.

On Saturdays and also Wednesdays there is another big market further out of town at Airforce 2 base which is on the northern road from Narai roundabout about 5km i think on the way to Khokatiem and Khok Samrong. You'll see the base on your right, some old aeroplanes mounted up near the roadside.

These above are quite large markets selling a range of stuff (clothes etc) as well as foods.

There is also a smaller food market on Mondays and Thursdays again along the prison road about 2km from Narai roundabout on the right, but not open long after dark.

And there's a small food market 7 nights a week just past the large Big C on the Saraburi road out of town, it's opposite a 7-11 on the corner. Again this closes after dark.

If you want just a food stall/sit down outside place there are 2 places open every night.

The other is near the large roundabout, Sakaew Circle 2km from the old town. It's along one of the circular roads parallel to the roundabout. This one has a lot more choice than the railway tracks one.

Hope this all helps.

I wasn't sure if by your query about a Walking St you meant something similar to Pattaya's. Nothing like that in Lopburi I'm afraid. But if you mean markets for food, clothes, etc then the above is where it's at.

Thank you.

I like the one near Monkey Mall, a lot of food and other stuffs.

Any of those you mentioned is as big or bigger than the one near Monkey Mall ?

So I can time my visit well during my next visit.

How about cafes ?

I don't see much cafes in Lopburi near the railway station except for a small one in a lane near a small massage place, and another with only a side table to side along the main road with Indra Hotel.

Hope this all helps.

Thank you.

I like the one near Monkey Mall, a lot of food and other stuffs.

Any of those you mentioned is as big or bigger than the one near Monkey Mall ?

So I can time my visit well during my next visit.

How about cafes ?

I don't see much cafes in Lopburi near the railway station except for a small one in a lane near a small massage place, and another with only a side table to side along the main road with Indra Hotel.

The Monkey Mall is the Tesco one, the same. yes it's very big and most things are available there.

I haven't been to the Airforce 2 market for a while now but that was very big last time I was there, spread out over quite an area.

I'd say these two are the biggest and best. The Sunday one is very good for food and quite big, its close to home for me so use it often. There are other stalls but not so much as Monkey Mall/Tesco or AF2.

Yes there are some good cafes but not loads. There is an excellent pie shop/cafe opposite the railway tracks, called the Hungry Monkey, run by a Brit called Keith. Green-fronted with sign outside. It's been open about 8 months I'm told and I'm gutted I've only just discovered it. His pies are excellent with chips or mash, and he's a good bloke. Other stuff on menu too including a full breakfast.They do a quiz night on Thursdays and open til 9-ish most days. Closed most Sundays. I recommend it. Popular with foreigners.

Noom guesthouse which i mentioned in the market road not far from railway tracks also serves good food, burgers, omelettes, sandwiches, coffee or booze. Friendly too. If you don't know it just ask any foreigner you see walking around there, I'm sure they will know. And on the corner diagonally opposite there's the same kind of setup run by the brother of Noom's.

On the opposite corner to Noom GH there is a park entrance. Walk in there and on right there's a good little open-air cafe/eatery if you want some Thai food. Good selection of ice creams there too.

Theres a steak cafe in the next road along selling cheap steaks but not the best IMO. There's a much better steak place open in the evenings, pavement tables, but thats 2 km from railway tracks near Sakaew Circle. Steaks with fries and a bit of veg only 50 baht-up. Nothing expensive. Good value IMO. It's called Lung Nuat i think.

There are lots of good Coffee shops selling bakery stuff around town. And if you want to get further afield than railway tracks there are motorbikes and bicycles to be rented around Noom GH too. Don't know if you have your own transport. One excellent bakery with coffee shop attached near Sakaew too. This area has a lot of small eateries but mostly Thai foods. That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll send a message if i remember anything else.

You can PM me if you need any info too.

Thank you very much for the details. Which is the Narai roundabout in your drawing, the top left it too right ? Lucky I know the night Market near Monkey Mall is not every night. Is the bus station inside the biggest circle where I catch the bus to the sunflower place ? There is noodle shop that have only 2 noodle stalls ? The larger stall is more popular but I missed it because I can't wait long. I tried the smaller stall and I still need to wait 20 mins. Which is the road that has the 2 Big C ?

Sorry forgot to write Narai roundabout on. Narai is the top left in my drawing near Lopburi hospital.

The roundabout top right is a smaller roundabout in Pa Wai district. This area also known as Patarn. it's where the Sunday market is held in a school grounds. There is a small airforce museum on this roundabout too but never been in it.

You're correct, the Monkey Mall night market is only Tuesdays and Fridays.

What I didn't mark clearly is that there are smaller road exits off Sakaew roundabout between the main exits I drew.

The main bus station is just off the roundabout, you can't miss it. Take the turnoff where you see the photograph shop on the left corner as you go to bus station which is directly in front of you. On the right corner of this road is a beef noodle shop so you're going between the photo shop and the noodle shop, straight ahead to bus station.

I don't know which bus you catch to the sunflower place as I drive my own car but this is the main bus station for Lopburi. Buses leave from here to all other areas.

I'm not sure which noodle shops you mean too. There are several around this area, the beef noodle shop I mentioned is very popular with Thais.

I already marked on the map the road to Big C.It's the road at the top centre of my drawing. It goes past both Big Cs, Tesco Lotus/monkey Mall and on to Saraburi.

And there's another coffee shop right next to the Monkey Mall market, it's called 44 cafe. It's to the left of the market on the main road.

Seems like you're kinda rushed on your visits. If you can spare more time you should just wander around these streets awhile, you'll come across several different food places. There are noodle shops, food-to-order shops, coffee shops & bakeries. From the sakaew roundabout if you walk along the road past Kasikorn bank and take the first right there are some food places there on your left.

Thank you again.

Damon, my whole report went missing after typing for so long !!

Yes, must be the same noodle shop.

My 2nd trip to Lopburi and I noticed less monkeys now but the kind people won me over. I stayed 2 nights, offered free rides twice. Nowhere in other part of earth, such hospitality can be found. Usually I offer a souvenir in return but I ran out of them this time.

Yes, I will be back.

Archived