Ipstar

DLock

I just wanted to see what other have experienced with IPStar in Chiang Mai.

My experience over the last 6 months has been very frustrating.

The satellite system and connection seems perfect – at least that what diagnostics tells me. It might lose the satellite now and again (light on the router goes off), but it happens infrequently and not for long.

The problem seems to be that despite the satellite connected (all the lights are on), I cannot get Internet access and I will “drop out” 20 times a day for various time periods – 5 minutes to 3 hours. It’s like the “pipes” are all connected, but water supply is intermittent.

I have called IPStar and they do more diagnostics and “Ping” tests and they usually say that the satellite is running fine, the problem is my PC – and it might well be. But getting them to help me beyond that is impossible.

I’d be interested in others experience. Is this normal? Or do others get better or worse service from IPStar. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

When it works, it works great. Speed is acceptable although below published speeds, but for what I do, it’s fine.

I live out on Samoeng Rd where there are no telephones, so this is the only option I have at the moment.

P.s. I disconnected twice typing this and lost it twice – note to self : Use Microsoft Word first.