Do you realize you're in the least-miserable country in the world?

bendejo

I have never believed Thailand's unemployment numbers. Every where I go there is some little noodle stand or something similar attached to a house even in alleys. I suppose these people are "working" but how much do they earn?

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

Yeah because the unemployment data in your beloved US of A so accurately reflects the truth rolleyes.gif 4.9% is the official rate as of today

Apparently, your economy is apparently creating all these jobs - but no one's spending despite holding down 3 McJobs and the cheapest tank of gasoline in more than a decade . . .

I suppose these people are "working" but how much do they earn?

He didn't compare Thailand to "his beloved US of A" in his post, he didn't even mention it at all. The only one making such a comparison is you.

Only in your tiny mind I suppose, if one country has a defect that mean everywhere else is better for it.

Edited by BudRight

The land of smiles is definitely the land of plenty. Poverty is here yes, but no one starves, not even the soi dogs. I would say Thailand is the land of happiness, which doesn't mean we're all happy, just that if one has a positive outlook, there's little to complain about.

The land of smiles is definitely the land of plenty. Poverty is here yes, but no one starves, not even the soi dogs. I would say Thailand is the land of happiness, which doesn't mean we're all happy, just that if one has a positive outlook, there's little to complain about.

The soi dogs don't starve because periodically they're culled with poisoned food.

I have never believed Thailand's unemployment numbers. Every where I go there is some little noodle stand or something similar attached to a house even in alleys. I suppose these people are "working" but how much do they earn?

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

So you're assuming everyone else's unemployment numbers are 100% accurate? Perhaps everyone else's numbers are off a bit, same as Thailand, which makes the comparison more reasonable than you think.

From the article:

"Thailand, in part due to unique structural issues that allow more people to count as employed, will stay as least miserable."

I don't believe for a second the US unemployment numbers are accurate. The main reason is that once someone decides to quit looking for a job (because none are available), they are no longer counted as unemployed. Additionally, there are tons of "unemployed" people who are collecting welfare and working side jobs (or illegal activity) that are considered unemployed, but are working and not paying a dime in taxes. California is the worst for this. Commonly see a family of 7 gets out of their Escalade on 24s, then uses government check to buy milk, bread, and what not.

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

Yeah because the unemployment data in your beloved US of A so accurately reflects the truth rolleyes.gif 4.9% is the official rate as of today

Apparently, your economy is apparently creating all these jobs - but no one's spending despite holding down 3 McJobs and the cheapest tank of gasoline in more than a decade . . .

I suppose these people are "working" but how much do they earn?

He didn't compare Thailand to "his beloved US of A" in his post, he didn't even mention it at all. The only one making such a comparison is you.

Only in your tiny mind I suppose, if one country has a defect that mean everywhere else is better for it.

Tiny mind?

Yeah whatever, Copernicus

My response to that post took into account Neversure's interminable Thai-bashing and endless comparisons to the US in countless previous topics

I don't know anyone that lives here who is like that, in fact I've never seen anyone come across that way on TVF.

But what I do see a lot of is residents who object to blanket throw away emotive statements that are not based on fact, statements that always trash Thailand.

For my part I can agree there are many problems here, RTA's, corruption, educational standards and more, but that doesn't mean that everything is bad, in fact, the good far outweighs the bad.