Do you realize you're in the least-miserable country in the world?

bendejo

I have never believed Thailand's unemployment numbers. Every where I go there is some little noodle stand or something similar attached to a house even in alleys. I suppose these people are "working" but how much do they earn?

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

I don't think there is any official record here, as there is no social security service to record numbers. I don't even know if there is a nation-wide census done yearly in other countries. I'm pretty certain many graduates here are not getting full time jobs. Selling noodles can be quite lucrative (lucrative for a poor person) if one is good at it and gets a large customer base.

I have never believed Thailand's unemployment numbers. Every where I go there is some little noodle stand or something similar attached to a house even in alleys. I suppose these people are "working" but how much do they earn?

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

So you're assuming everyone else's unemployment numbers are 100% accurate? Perhaps everyone else's numbers are off a bit, same as Thailand, which makes the comparison more reasonable than you think.

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

It doesn't matter how much they earn, the fact is they are not sat around with their hands out waiting for government help, unemployment cheques, food stamps, dole money or other benefits.

And if they make enough to eat, that's a good job done, not everybody needs to own a detached on five acres with a bobcat digger in the tool shed..

Edited by chiang mai

I love these polls. The data sets and accuracy are not the same in each country thus it becomes more useless information for others to compare themselves too.

IMHO people spend far too much time comparing themselves to media hyped data or information to figure out if they are happy or not and how they fit in whether its happiness polls, economic polls etc.

Interesting read nonetheless.

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

Yeah because the unemployment data in your beloved US of A so accurately reflects the truth rolleyes.gif 4.9% is the official rate as of today

Apparently, your economy is apparently creating all these jobs - but no one's spending despite holding down 3 McJobs and the cheapest tank of gasoline in more than a decade . . .

I suppose these people are "working" but how much do they earn?

Of coarse they are not waiting for handouts, they don't get squat from the government.

They would take a hand out if offered.

Not true, poor people get access to a virtually free medical system (30 baht), free electricity under a certain level of usage, very low rate government loans and a state pension (provided they have made a minimum number of contributions),.

Of coarse they are not waiting for handouts, they don't get squat from the government.

Not true, poor people get access to a virtually free medical system (30 baht), free electricity under a certain level of usage, very low rate government loans and a state pension (provided they have made a minimum number of contributions),.

Yes, the Thai people have it made, their system is unmatched,it's groundbreaking stuff we can't match in the west.

Their pension is incredibly generous and the people are blessed.

When will they realise how lucky they are and stop taking of overseas to increase their already amazing Wealth.

Yes, the Thai people have it made, their system is unmatched,it's groundbreaking stuff we can't match in the west.

When will they realise how lucky they are and stop taking of overseas to increase their already amazing Wealth.

The West has lessons to learn on this and always has; offer up loads of benefits and free stuff to the population and it takes advantage, shed loads of unemployed, really difficult to stop once it's started and costly to government. BUT, offer up just some basics such as health care and a few incentives and everyone goes to work, they have to! No unemployed to speak of and no large bills for central government.

The article really is describing economic volatility leading into suspect conclusion: higher score

indicates more misery. Even accepting that conclusion does not mean the converse is true, lower score equals

any degree of happiness

QUOTE: The ranking of 63 economies is compiled by adding a country's jobless rate and inflation,

a long-standing calculation in which a higher score indicates more misery.

Oh I don't know, lessons that might be learned from the Thailand example include; how not to give away all your assets to foreign ownership, how to deploy a manageable and sustainable welfare system that wont cripple the country economically in later years, how to run a tourism business that increases every year, year in year out, how to run a budget surplus, how to acquire and maintain substantial foreign currency reserves, how to achieve near zero unemployment every year.

i was just very upset about the salary the thai people got by working at a Macdonald ...or 7/11 ...or business corporation who are known to be very rich and powerful ....the salary are very miserable...but once a thai work for himself..... family business or else....when they do the hard work..They got super Cash income monthly...... i date a a thai who got Millions baths ...the only problem is that she work a lot....... but she is Rich ..For real............ it is really possible for a Thai to do so..they just have to work harder and to be smart on what they wanna do .....i believe that 100% of the Thai can have a job ....if they look for one now? they will have it the next week for sure in 100% of the situation ....

try setting up a noodle stand in australia and you will have the authortes down on you like a ton of bricks. the rules a regulations kill any thing like that

same in France..sad.png by doing it..good noodle ..for an entire day..you could make millions in a year lol sick world ..really...

The West has lessons to learn on this and always has; offer up loads of benefits and free stuff to the population and it takes advantage, shed loads of unemployed, really difficult to stop once it's started and costly to government. BUT, offer up just some basics such as health care and a few incentives and everyone goes to work, they have to! No unemployed to speak of and no large bills for central government.

What would do without the wisdom of certain members of TV forum.

i date a a thai who got Millions baths ...the only problem is that she work a lot....... but she is Rich ..For real..............

I believe you, it's normal for ThaiVisa members.

Thaivisa member love thailand right? ok then add me in that list..i don't mind.

Oh I don't know, lessons that might be learned from the Thailand example include; how not to give away all your assets to foreign ownership, how to deploy a manageable and sustainable welfare system that wont cripple the country economically in later years, how to run a tourism business that increases every year, year in year out, how to run a budget surplus, how to acquire and maintain substantial foreign currency reserves, how to achieve near zero unemployment every year.

Good Points CM, while going off on a tangent from the OP, for some reason people seem to think that the US and "Westernized" countries have the best systems in place. Most of that is brain washing. The US for example has become so bureaucratic that it can't get out of its own way. The US has so many laws they need laws to manage laws. Presidential candidates buy their way to the opportunity and the American people are left with picking the lesser of 2 evils (Trump or Clinton...come ongigglem.gif ). Your point that hits home to me, is not giving away your assets to foreign countries(especially the right to own land). I personally think Thailand and Mexico have it right. I also believe US citizenship is a privilege and if you become a citizen and do nothing but take, scam, commit crimes there should be a clause it can be revoked and they are deported. There are so many immigrants here now free loading its unbelievable. There is also no affordable viable public transportation in most major metro areas hence the reasons why the US has billions of cars(Heck a typical cab ride here is $50 to $75). And the big one; People are only happy here in the US if they have a job, no job and they become the most miserable people on the planet.

Anyway this could on and on.

I like Thailand for all the things it isn't.

attachicon.gifunem.jpg

Noodle sellers?

About twice the minimum wage of a degree-holder, round here.