Ubon Ratchathani Resturaunts, Bars & Nightlife

katareya2006

Ubon Ratchathani has a new Bar & Resturaunt called Me Expat Bar & Resturaunt and is packed with British home made food like Meat Pies, Cornish Pasties, Burgers, Fish & Chips and even real Mash Potato and Bisto! It has also won an award for its authentic Thai food it offers. It is run by a Lady called Wan with around 5 Staff and is open between 11:00am & 24:00 everyday. Free Pool & Wifi & Big Sports Screen too.

I remember this place within 2 weeks of opening advertising extensively how they were 'The number 1 expat bar in Ubon' and how they had 'The number 1 hamburger in town'.

A little presumptuous I thought.

Not at all I feel. It clearly is the Number 1 Expat & Thai Bar. It is clearly in the number 1 Location. Highly visibly between the main two Hotel's in the City. Sunee & Nevada. It also has the widest selection of both British and Thai Food in Ubon and is the only Resturaunt to offer real Mash Potato I think as the rest of them use powdered potato....

The See Saw Bar closed down years ago. Its best times were during the late 1960s-70s when the Americans were at the airbase in Ubon.

Real mash potato only offered at Me Expat bar! I think that there will be a few replies to this statement. I have always had good tasting mash potato at Risotto. Next time I am there I will ask whether or not they use real potatoes. I also wonder how many expats living permanently in Ubon go to Me Expat bar.

What I have seen of the Me Resturaunt its an equal split of Thai's and Foreigners. Teachers, Expats etc and Thai's from Ubon. Also saw a large amount of Brits and Australian's in there before. The retro sofa's seem to be doing them well and the fact that you can play you're own Music is great.....Food is great too

I remember this place within 2 weeks of opening advertising extensively how they were 'The number 1 expat bar in Ubon' and how they had 'The number 1 hamburger in town'.

Not at all I feel. It clearly is the Number 1 Expat & Thai Bar. It is clearly in the number 1 Location. Highly visibly between the main two Hotel's in the City. Sunee & Nevada. It also has the widest selection of both British and Thai Food in Ubon and is the only Resturaunt to offer real Mash Potato I think as the rest of them use powdered potato....

katareya i really think you should check things out before coming up with statments like the one about the mashed potatoes, ie" you only think" they use powdered potato misleading statement to say the least ! as you obviously have not checked them out..

having said that i was at ME bar last night and their thai food was excellent, beer cold, staff were polite and efficient, although i was not sure about one wearing a mask lol

will definately be going back again soon

One must assume that you are more then likely in there everyday, being the owner and all. ;)

Being ranked number 1 has nothing to do with your location I'm afraid. It also has nothing to do with the type of beers that you sell. It has to do with bums on seats and feedback. Bums on seats you can only guess at - and wildly for that matter. As for feedback, I guess that will have to be left to the online reviews and word of mouth.

As for the mash potato jibe..... that was seriously out of left field. And just for your records, I know of three places that you may consider your competition who do 'real mash' and two others who I am sure would not stoop to the plastic rubbish.

Interesting thread though.... :)

Everyone is entitled to their own comments and of course being ranked Number 1 does mean bums on seats, online feedback is mainly discounted these days by professional's as if real people have issues with something they tell them their and then to give them the opportunity to correct it.....It's called being an Adult

I don't own the Resturaunt at all......But you're message was a great read. Thank You ?

Not on paper, no you don't ;)

Does not mean bums on seats? So apart from thinking you are in a great location (your no better then most places) and the complete lie that you are the only person in town who knows how to operate a potato masher (still waiting to hear you defend that claim) - can you please enlighten me how you actually arrived at the absurd claim of being the number 1 expat bar in the city not only within a few weeks of opening but even today.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your answer.

I don't mind sensible questions but you seem to be the "Normal" Thai Visa individual that is on here. Like I said everyone is entitled to their point of view.

What I have seen having been here a while now is that Me Bar is the number 1 Resturaunt & Bar in Ubon Ratchathani that offers real mash potato and general British Food and award winning Thai food where you can relax in 3 area's and enjoy yourself whether you are eating or Drinking or Both.

If you have a sensible point I will reply but I'm not wasting my time talking to absolute Drongo's

I don't mind sensible questions but you seem to be the "Normal" Thai Visa individual that is on here. Like I said everyone is entitled to their point of view.

What I have seen having been here a while now is that Me Bar is the number 1 Resturaunt & Bar in Ubon Ratchathani that offers real mash potato and general British Food and award winning Thai food where you can relax in 3 area's and enjoy yourself whether you are eating or Drinking or Both.

If you have a sensible point I will reply but I'm not wasting my time talking to absolute Drongo's

award winning Thai food?? unsure.png

award winning Thai food?? unsure.png

Perhaps they have Thailand's equivalent of the Michelin Star.

post-118612-1454946845904_thumb.jpg

This sounds like a great addition to Ubon and will give it a go soon.

Who does 'the ranking' that has awarded this new location the prestigious number One status???

Memok clearly without any basic form of education which is clearly shown in his colourful replies.

Furthermore, A, I don't own Me Resturaunt and B) it's clear that you have no basic understanding of business as you cannot write you're own Reviews on Trip Advisor. And C) Who the hell is Adrien Bray - Memok please keep taking you're tablets and maybe increase them to an hourly basis.......Have a Good Day now

Memok clearly without any basic form of education which is clearly shown in his colourful replies.

Furthermore, A, I don't own Me Resturaunt and cool.png it's clear that you have no basic understanding of business as you cannot write you're own Reviews on Trip Advisor. And C) Who the hell is Adrien Bray - Memok please keep taking you're tablets and maybe increase them to an hourly basis.......Have a Good Day now

now that is funny !

you have obviously never met Mr Memock !

rob

it's clear that you have no basic understanding of business as you cannot write you're own Reviews on Trip Advisor.

Well of course - but only if you get caught.....like you did. Lucky for people who are sick of your lies I happen to have a few screen shots.

And the response from Katareya is??

Trip Advisor means nothing to people who have any sense.....They generally would investigate locally themselves. Furthermore, Wan has said their has been a concerted effort by certain locals to discredit her business after it became popular very quickly. Speaking to a number of other business owners down South it's also happened to them which is why Trip Advisor is discredited these days......in any case anyone with any form of education would not post derogatory remarks on any business on the Internet

Trip Advisor means nothing to people who have any sense.....They generally would investigate locally themselves. Furthermore, Wan has said their has been a concerted effort by certain locals to discredit her business after it became popular very quickly. Speaking to a number of other business owners down South it's also happened to them which is why Trip Advisor is discredited these days......in any case anyone with any form of education would not post derogatory remarks on any business on the Internet

In Thailand, businesses come and go very quickly. I know a few friends locally who have opened restaurants and at first were very busy. Many family and friends come for a look see then business slowly declines when the 'newness' wears off.

I admire those businesses over here that have stayed open with (sometimes) very difficult competition.

Dilligrad, I agree with you 100%. Any business if run right will succeed. But one thing I strongly agree with is you should never comment badly about any business on the Internet. If you have issues with anything you should speak to the owner in person as its the only way they can progress their business. A service business is for everyone to use and I'm sure Wan listens and acts on any issues that are brought to her attention. Maybe people have issues with their Marketing but their product is very good indeed. Being an Adult is easy. It is also nice to be nice as you only live once.....