Scammed Thai official turns bottles into legal action against scammer

webfact

So the guy was able to use a government computer to track down the details of the scammer. So this begs the question......why cant the police do this with every case that is reported to them?

JAF

because they dont give a **** about anyone other than family and self

Or because they will have to know how to use a computer to start with...

Most official offices have 1 computer for 15 ish persons but the 15 are all very versed in the art of "crushing candies" and such on their smartphones..

Reigntax post # 4.

So he thinks it is ok to use a govenment database and equipment to solve a personal problem.

Or does every citizen have the same access? I think not!

When are charges being laid against this official

Obviously none of you ever use or have used or will use a work or office computers for your own means do you?

Why should he be prosecuted? He is performing a public service in bringing this cyber shopping on line fraud theft to the forefront, all power to his elbow.

Going by a number of comments here it seems certain that if the officials critics were the victims of a similar scam they would approve of it and regard it as a ''great joke'' while happily accepting their financial loss in a good cause

Yes, I have used work and office equipment but as I own them, paid for them, own the business, the equipment and premises, I think I somehow have that right.

I doubt the official made similar contributions.

No, he wasnt serving the public in chasing this fraudster. He was looking after his own interests and if it wasnt for his personal loss, he would have done nothing.

reigntax post # 32.

Yes, I have used work and office equipment but as I own them, paid for them, own the business, the equipment and premises, I think I somehow have that right.

I doubt the official made similar contributions.

No, he wasnt serving the public in chasing this fraudster. He was looking after his own interests and if it wasnt for his personal loss, he would have done nothing.

Certainly an interesting insight into the matter.Had not this official encountered the problem the scam would carry one ,he was in a position to act he did.

So the pomposity of your comment made no doubt from your very own ivory tower of sanctimony no doubt reflects that you certainly consider criminals acts perpetrated on any one who has recourse to a computer not owned by themselves to pursue the criminal to be an improper action and the criminals should in your view go unpunished?

Well if you were involved in an accident and a government official used a government phone in a government office to call for assistance you would of course refuse said assistance due to the improper use of governmental property and premises and abuse of position etc ,yes . Furthermore you would certainly press for a a disciplinary action to be instigated against the official as well?

Quote: According to Narawuth, he found out the seller’s name, phone number and home address because he ran the name of her bank account in the ID card database at his office. He said he has handed over all the information to the police.

Quote: I want this case to be an example. This kind of thing happens everyday,” Narawuth said over the telephone today. “Many people get fooled, many people get scammed. But many of them did nothing. They thought it wasn’t worth their time.

That’s right, how many of us especially Farlangs would have a change of obtaining justice against scammers. The police wouldn’t even be interested. And he ran the name of her bank account in the ID card database at his office. This resource is for the privileged few, so again a huge advantage on what other victims would have access to or it would mean paying lawyers thousands of bahts to gather that information for us.

It is true that the scammer has chosen the wrong person this time and hope the book gets thrown at them.

Has it been considered that perhaps the seller did send the guitar and it was replaced with the bottles of water in a much smaller box by somebody in the postal or courier company . I wonder if he tracked the parcel from sender to when it was delivered with the tracking number. Will we ever find out ?

Good luck to him that he is pursuing it .

Has it been considered that perhaps the seller did send the guitar and it was replaced with the bottles of water in a much smaller box by somebody in the postal or courier company . I wonder if he tracked the parcel from sender to when it was delivered with the tracking number. Will we ever find out ?

Will a dwarf ever win the heavy weight boxing title of world champion. .

• 2 weeks later...

So he thinks it is ok to use a govenment database and equipment to solve a personal problem.

Or does every citizen have the same access? I think not!

When are charges being laid against this official

I know of one guy who posts tons of motorbikes cheap on Kaidee and just waits for the money to roll in. He will even "sell" the bikes several times in one evening and after the money is sent poof...he's gone. He blocks you from his line account and won't answer his phone if he recognizes your number. Next day I scout out the listing and since I can recognize his style his listings jump out at me now. A few clicks and sure enough it always links back to the same Line account. I know one of his victims and went with him to the police and the bank of the scammer with the name and account number in hand. The bank accused us of being the liars 55555! This scammer is "selling" four bikes a day to multiple victims ranging from 10000-15000 baht per scam. If he "sells" each bike only three times that's 120000-180000 a day. I ran his phone number through Kaidee and he's doing the same with iPhones etc. He (actually the bank account is in a woman's name but a man answers the phone) is raking in millions and the police and the worse yet the bank could have cared less. But "Just Another Farang" and all the guys who liked his post think the real bad guy is the one who used his computer to identify and stop one of these scammers? You people need to seriously re-evaluate your priorities.

You would have "found out" if you bothered to read the whole article where the scammer admitted guilt and offered a refund.