NLA votes against non-elected PM and single ballot for constituency and party list MPs

rooster59

NLA votes against non-elected PM and single ballot for constituency and party list MPs

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FsMdtnoa9EXZyLK0lM06SY9

BANGKOK: The National Legislative Assembly today (Friday) voted against single ballot for the election of both constituency and party list MPs and non-elected prime minister as proposed by the Constitution Drafting Committee in the charter draft.

The NLA also voted in support of its panel’s comment that all the 200 senators should be selected from different groups of stakeholders rather than being elected from the different groups.

Mr Klanarong Chantik, vice chairman of the NLA’s panel studying the CDC’s charter draft and to make comments on the draft, said that the panel felt that two ballots for the election of constituency and party list MPs would better reflect the aspirations of the voters.

The panel, said Mr Kalnarong, is in favour of a larger constituency with three MPs which the panel believes will make vote buying more difficult than small constituencies.

The panel also disagreed with the CDC’s proposal for each party to nominate three candidates for the premiership as this amounts to restriction of the parliament’s right to consider the candidates.

Mr Klanarong said the panel found it necessary to have a mechanism to resolve national crisis in case there is no law available to deal with the crisis.

The panel comments on the provisions of the charter draft which were endorsed by the NLA today will be submitted to the CDC for consideration together comments made by the other stakeholders.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/150739

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-13

Seems as if there is a slow but positive process being proposed and hopefully instigated to halt the foisting of unworthy politicians (party list M.P.,s) on the electorate in general along with, non elected Prime Ministers.

Although as said elsewhere, as soon as there is an elected administration in place how long before they change the ground rules to suit their own and their cronies and resurrect the old pork barrel system along with its endemic manipulation of the law and abuse of both position and rampant corruption etc?

Let us hope that the tree of democracy will start to grow and thrive in the future due to the current proposals

As is said, '' great oaks from little acorns grow.''

Seems as if there is a slow but positive process being proposed and hopefully instigated to halt the foisting of unworthy politicians (party list M.P.,s) on the electorate in general along with, non elected Prime Ministers.

Although as said elsewhere, as soon as there is an elected administration in place how long before they change the ground rules to suit their own and their cronies and resurrect the old pork barrel system along with its endemic manipulation of the law and abuse of both position and rampant corruption etc?

Let us hope that the tree of democracy will start to grow and thrive in the future due to the current proposals

Or we get the alternative of this unquestionable, uncountable entity pretty much doing the same as the corrupt politicians.....

"....resurrect the old pork barrel system along with its endemic manipulation of the law and abuse of both position and rampant corruption etc?"

Resurrect? It's alive and well today so no need for a resurrection.

Now perhaps if you naysayers looked at what is proposed you might well see some positive actions to curtail and hopefully clean up the system up which is something that has not been the case in times past.

Note that for the last couple of years we haven't suffered civil disorder.

The law is strict.? Yes it is but if you do not like the medicine tough.

I have a vote here,I have an interest in the future of my children as well as that of my descendants. Holding dual nationality as I do that situation applies equally to the U.K .

Now perhaps if you feel it is such a tainted corrupt dictatorial society that you live in you may well be wise to consider making other arrangements as to where you may wish to live and find a system you approve of politically and socially if you are able to do so..

necessary to have a mechanism to resolve national crisis in case there is no law available to deal with the crisis.

So says the junta-appointed NLA.

Must allow the military to retain control over Thai sovereignty by Article 44-like provisions in the constitution to supercede any organic laws.

Now perhaps if you naysayers looked at what is proposed you might well see some positive actions to curtail and hopefully clean up the system up which is something that has not been the case in times past.

I have a vote here,I have an interest in the future of my children as well as that of my descendants. Holding dual nationality as I do that situation applies equally to the U.K .

Now perhaps if you feel it is such a tainted corrupt dictatorial society that you live in you may well be wise to consider making other arrangements as to where you may wish to live and find a system you approve of politically and socially if you are able to do so..

"The law is strict.? Yes it is but if you do not like the medicine tough."

Or go to a different doctor for a second opinion. An option not quite denied to the citizenry, but alternative medical practitioners might find themselves hauled away if they give a diagnosis a certain doctor doesn't like. That might be fine with you, but others have a perfect right to disagree entirely without being threatened.

As an aside baboon you were not threatened and no one else was.

The comment ''if you are able to'' refers to the financial resources of people and the actual ability to be able to return to their country of origin or another country without any possible barriers to relocating financially or legally.

There have been many ''other opinions here over the years so there is nothing new under the political sun here. The citizens made their choice and their ideas felt some 2 or so years back and the then administration was struck off of the political register.

Ahh the old "if you don't like it, leave" argument. The last refuge of a scoundrel.

Ah so every single Thai backed the coup did they? You speak on behalf of all Thais do you? Clearly not as some are imprisoned right now for simply daring to question the junta.

What is your opinion on the microphone and statue park scandal? Ahh let me guess, all the evil work on the man in Dubai to smear the hero general yes?

The comment ''if you are able to'' refers to the financial resources of people and the actual ability to be able to return to their country of origin or another country without any possible barriers to relocating financially or legally.

There have been many ''other opinions here over the years so there is nothing new under the political sun here. The citizens made their choice and their ideas felt some 2 or so years back and the then administration was struck off of the political register.

So no one has been threatened. Any further attempts at discussion are clearly futile. You just continue to believe what you want, safe in the knowledge you can leg it back to the UK if the poop hits the fan, unlike the majority of Thais you seem to claim the right to speak for on their behalf.

So no one has been threatened. Any further attempts at discussion are clearly futile. You just continue to believe what you want, safe in the knowledge you can leg it back to the UK if the poop hits the fan, unlike the majority of Thais you seem to claim the right to speak for on their behalf.

Low post count. I think it's a troll account. At least I hope it is....

"Now perhaps if you feel it is such a tainted corrupt dictatorial society that you live in you may well be wise to consider making other arrangements as to where you may wish to live and find a system you approve of politically and socially if you are able to do so.."

Yet another "if you don't like it go home" post. Congratulation on joining a select group of posters who actually think this comment has merit. Not the brightest bunch on the planet but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

Is it not strange that as soon as you non Thais make a comment it is considered sacrosanct and then are criticized you all jump on the bandwagon the go home boat.

Funnily enough all my year in the U.K I would hear the same go home comments from the locals concerning any one who criticized the UK system.

Pray tell us why you are different and superior to we Thais?

mrrzizla when noting your length of tenure here you are not really the one to be passing judgement on more recent posters who for your information looked in for years prior both inthe UK and here to joining ThaiVisa.P

MZurf post #, 12

Yet another "if you don't like it go home" post. Congratulation on joining a select group of posters who actually think this comment has merit. Not the brightest bunch on the planet but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

As was resident and worked in the U.K. for many years often heard and still do hear via forums etc hat self same comment from my fellow Englishman so please consider that which you post before posting it.

In truth I did not suggest anyone should go home I said if you don't like the system make other arrangements to move on.

Mrrizzla, noting the date of your joining Thai Visa I hardly think you are in a position to make such comments.Perhaps you feel that we Thai's who hold dual nationality should also have a visa to post here. For your

information I have been looking in here for many year both in the U.K and here of late in Thailand before I decided to join Thai Visa My country my culture no corruption of course in your home country is there?

Is it not strange that as soon as you non Thais make a comment it is considered sacrosanct and then are criticized you all jump on the bandwagon the go home boat.

Funnily enough all my year in the U.K I would hear the same go home comments from the locals concerning any one who criticized the UK system.

mrrzizla when noting your length of tenure here you are not really the one to be passing judgement on more recent posters who for your information looked in for years prior both inthe UK and here to joining ThaiVisa.P

"Funnily enough all my year in the U.K I would hear the same go home comments from the locals concerning any one who criticized the UK system."

Perhaps it was an echo you were hearing................................

Asylum seekers in Middlesborough say they are being housed in “marked” homes

shunter

Posted 2016-01-21 20:52:07

Well if they are not happy why not go back to their own country.

Ooop's forgot, no welfare state there is there.

Beggars cannot be choosers.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/888540-asylum-seekers-in-middlesborough-say-they-are-being-housed-in-marked-homes/#entry10336635

Those Brits that criticised you are idiots (I am a Brit btw) if you are living there then slam a way you have my complete blessing. It is a free country in terms of expression. You saw shows like Have I Got News For You right? They mock any of the leaders and even have ex-leaders on their show and ask them difficult (and hilarious) questions. Nobody is suing anyone or imprisoning anyone.

A few things..

In truth I did not suggest anyone should go home I said if you don't like the system make other arrangements to move on.

So yes, you said "if you don't like it, leave" which is a very weak argument.

As was resident and worked in the U.K. for many years often heard and still do hear via forums etc hat self same comment from my fellow Englishman so please consider that which you post before posting it.

So you're English...

Wait...no you're Thai?

You can't be giving it the old "you farangs just don't understand" shtick while claiming to also be a foreigner mate.

Oh and you are doing it again. "We Thais" etc. So what about those Thais currently sitting in military prison for daring to point out corruption in the park scandal? Or the Din Dao group? Or how about the millions that voted for Shinawatra parties in elections for the past 15 or so years (and no, that is not me endorsing him).

Your arrogance to assume that you speak for 65 million people is offensive. I don't think baboon,Mzurf or myself have made any such assumptions on the behalf of Thai people. Just simply pointing out some home truths. This is Thailand's what...20th coup? Military intervention has changed nothing in the past and some 'provisions' in this new constitution probably won't either.

So stop it with your schizophrenic xenophobia and labeling us as thinking we are superior, we are giving more credit to the Thai people than you are.

Edited by mrrizzla

"Funnily enough all my year in the U.K I would hear the same go home comments from the locals concerning any one who criticized the UK system."

Perhaps it was an echo you were hearing................................

Asylum seekers in Middlesborough say they are being housed in “marked” homes

shunter

Posted 2016-01-21 20:52:07

Well if they are not happy why not go back to their own country.

Ooop's forgot, no welfare state there is there.

Beggars cannot be choosers.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/888540-asylum-seekers-in-middlesborough-say-they-are-being-housed-in-marked-homes/#entry10336635

Bahaha. Damn I just wasted ten minutes of my life replying to a troll (shunter I mean)

You people are the sort that in your own country the nationalist groups abhor.You are guests here whether you like to accept that fact or not.You have no vote here your voices are not heard,I carry dual nationality educated both in the U.K and also Europe and I am a retired barrister so perhaps I do have a somewhat wider view of both western culture and Thai / Asian culture, Your bullying tactics demonstrates clearly your colonial mindsets and ignorance and denial of your ancestors faux pas when they were busy colonizing and civilizing we native wallahs.

Please desist from maligning your host country as many other foreign residents are totally happy with the situation despite its flaws. Time will remove those flaws and you will like me be long gone before that happens.

You people are the sort that in your own country the nationalist groups abhor.You are guests here whether you like to accept that fact or not.You have no vote here your voices are not heard,I carry dual nationality educated both in the U.K and also Europe and I am a retired barrister so perhaps I do have a somewhat wider view of both western culture and Thai / Asian culture, Your bullying tactics demonstrates clearly your colonial mindsets and ignorance and denial of your ancestors faux pas when they were busy colonizing and civilizing we native wallahs.

Please desist from maligning your host country as many other foreign residents are totally happy with the situation despite its flaws. Time will remove those flaws and you will like me be long gone before that happens.

So you're a dual nationality equal opportunity xenophobe. Fair enough.

Mrrizzla.

Regarding the comment I made which you diligently searched all my posts for regarding refugees,they are complaining about a host country that has given them refuge and also given them access to the state welfare system to which they have contributed nothing.

A very different setting to that of you and your friends I would presume.

It is somewhat amusing to see the vocal voluble critics here are in fact all recent members here A political campaign group perhaps financed and motivated by those outside the country with much to gain if they win and much to lose if they fail in their ongoing campaign.

Just remember you have no vote you have no voice. Perhaps if you mixed and talked with the locals in your areas you may well find there is far more support for the current administration than you may think,Somehow I doubt you could or would do that as there are none so blind as those who do not wish to see as well as those who are so deaf and who do not want to hear.

I shall now ignore your pathetic comments as it is plain you are somewhat limited in your understanding of Asian and Thai practices.Much as was the case in Vietnam concerning another nation who wished to change the system, They failed miserably too but Vietnam is prospering these days. Colonial practices are dead as we natives now do not roll over in deference to those old has been colonial masters..

Edited by shunter

You're a funny troll shunter.

In one post you are using your 'British privilage' to tell refugees to GIT OUT of your country (you seem to be a bit confused about that).

Then you go on to waffle about colonialism and neo-colonialism like it has any relevance to this conversation. So what are you? A British barrister or a sneering, think he knows it all, high so Thai?

BTW I have many Thai friends here that aren't best pleased with how this country is seemingly going back in time under this junta. They cannot broadcast these views so openly of course because, well you know why. rolleyes.gif

Tell you what I haven't seen EnglishJohn post in awhile, maybe we have found an ALT....

Edited by mrrizzla

Mrrizzla.

Regarding the comment I made which you diligently searched all my posts for regarding refugees,they are complaining about a host country that has given them refuge and also given them access to the state welfare system to which they have contributed nothing.

A very different setting to that of you and your friends I would presume.

It is somewhat amusing to see the vocal voluble critics here are in fact all recent members here A political campaign group perhaps financed and motivated by those outside the country with much to gain if they win and much to lose if they fail in their ongoing campaign.

Just remember you have no vote you have no voice. Perhaps if you mixed and talked with the locals in your areas you may well find there is far more support for the current administration than you may think,Somehow I doubt you could or would do that as there are none so blind as those who do not wish to see as well as those who are so deaf and who do not want to hear.

I shall now ignore your pathetic comments as it is plain you are somewhat limited in your understanding of Asian and Thai practices.Much as was the case in Vietnam concerning another nation who wished to change the system, They failed miserably too but Vietnam is prospering these days. Colonial practices are dead as we natives now do not roll over in deference to those old has been colonial masters..

Oh a junta shill on a junta topic, how unsurprising. Yea yea, its always the "unseen hands" to blame right ? LOL

You wish, its just normal people seeing on TVF with no horse in the race but see the charade for what it is. Thay dont have to suck up the PM on a friday to know its all just BS.

You do talk rubbish. Vietnam is now prospering because they had to change and become capitalist after the USSR collapsed, it has nothing to do with a choice, until then it was a basket case economy and facing collapse and possible revolution same as China.

Vietnam also took advise and help and implemented an education system that works, quality teaching with a populations attitude to match and thats paying dividends now and it stuck to those policies.. wheres Thailand's education quality, attitude and system in comparison ?

This premise that Juntas help anyone but themselves and sponsors is ridiculous, same old dog and pony show with the same old mantra and BS promises they never ever deliver....

Go sell your snake oil about juntas being anything but oppressive somewhere else.

Edited by englishoak