Classic Land Rover restoration

Tkris

There was one across from Mr. Gung, the Korean bbq joint just before Land and House. On the left as you head south from the zoo lights.

Likely using all Toyota mechanical spares. OP wants a classic LR restoration.

Plenty old Land Rovers here in Phuket, most been used in the Safari Tour circuit, almost all retro fitted with Toyota engine/gearbox/running gear.

There was one across from Mr. Gung, the Korean bbq joint just before Land and House. On the left as you head south from the zoo lights.

Likely using all Toyota mechanical spares. OP wants a classic LR restoration.

Plenty old Land Rovers here in Phuket, most been used in the Safari Tour circuit, almost all retro fitted with Toyota engine/gearbox/running gear.

sorry, I wasn't completely clear.

I would be quite happy to run the Toyota/Nissan power plant in an otherwise solid LR.

Its been a recognized solution in other parts of the world. Even in the UK a lot of engine swaps have taken place. Only problem with the swaps in Thailand seems to be that you loose low speed gearing. Maybe even 4 wheel drive?

Harri ( Finnish ) at Tuna resort runs an old open top LR, and has connections I think in car parts world.

Might be worth calling him to see if he has local contacts?

There is one place in BKK, but I cannot find the link I had to it. They maybe a source of parts or restoration if you don't mind to travel