Wiko phones

TheCruncher

- you can find some of their exact same phones as models under a dozen brands, including Cherry and I-Mobile, simply because they come from the same chinese OEMs

I suspected this.

Anyway, if these phones last me a year I am happy.

If you know they are so crap why you keep wasting your money on them?

All phones are useless crap and bore galore. I am happy to spend the least amount of money on them.

Imobile is produced by Kyocera, while Tinno mobile also doesn't produce Cherry, so you will not find the Wiko phones under other brands and for sure not the 2 mentioned above.

Wrong on both aspects.

I had found an exact clone of my Wiko Cink Slim as an I-Mobile. Can't recall the exact model, but believe me, I've been hacking Android phones long enough to be able to tell when two devices have 100% the same hardware.

That was back in 2012 though, so things might have changed since then.

As for Cherry, there are several threads on Android forums where people are telling about installing Cherry stock firmwares on Wiko devices or vice-versa. This was only for a particular couple of models of course, not as a general rule.

When you install a factory firmware meant for model X of brand Y on model Z of brand T and everything, and I really mean everything including tactile, camera, sensors etc. works without a hitch, well you can be pretty damn sure that both are rebrands of the same model from a common OEM. There are just too many combinations of LCD screens, digitizers, cameras, G-sensors and they way they are configured for this to be a happy coincidence.

As for not finding Wiko phones under other brands worldwide... give me a break smile.png just do a quick Google Search.

The Rainbow (first 3G model) for example exists under at least 3 ou 4 different names and brands in different countries.

On the other hand I can't be sure that Wiko rebrands only Tinno devices. They might have other providers as well.

Edited by Lannig

I've been using the Wiko Pulp for a few weeks now, and I'm very happy with it - I went from a Zenfone 5 to this. It fully addresses my two pet peeves with the Zen 5, which were non-removable (and small capacity) battery as well as mediocre camera/video. I was going to upgrade to a newer Asus, but I'm happy I went with this instead. Some highlights: Dual sim, HD video, Octa Core 1.4GHZ (low power Quad Core + high power Quad Core for battery conservation), 10 day standby time, latest Lollipop updates. I charge it every other day with normal usage (whereas the Zen 5 often did not last all day).

Someone who posted earlier got it cheaper than me, in my area (Maha Sarakham) it is marked at just under 4,000 baht. Bargaining brought it down to 3,700 baht with case and protective film, but I had to change the free film for a better glass one because of sensitivity issues (the cheap film made it too sensitive, maybe due to static electricity).

In a word: Wiko!

Edited by cbuddha

I had found an exact clone of my Wiko Cink Slim as an I-Mobile. Can't recall the exact model, but believe me, I've been hacking Android phones long enough to be able to tell when two devices have 100% the same hardware.

Correct.

My wife's "I-Mobile IQ 9.1" is identical to the "Wiko Darkside" (both are Tinno)

I've flashed the Wiko firmware to the I-Mobile, which fixed the permanently crashing phone app and a few other issues.

Correct.

My wife's "I-Mobile IQ 9.1" is identical to the "Wiko Darkside" (both are Tinno)

I've flashed the Wiko firmware to the I-Mobile, which fixed the permanently crashing phone app and a few other issues.

The Imobile IQ 9.1 was released in 2013, when Wiko wasn't yet available in Thailand, all the clones talked about in the other post are only sold in countries where Wiko isn't released yet.

• 9 months later...

Just bought a U feel go as a present for my GF . It seems like a nice device my only criticism so far is that the manual is sadly lacking in content about all the functions available. For example can you define which user loads on startup? Also emailed them on 21st with a question about whether hardware supports adoptable storage in Android 6 - No answer yet.

Otherwise it looks like a good value device at 4990 baht. I'll try to update in a few days