Wiko phones

TheCruncher

They're dog pooh!

Buy the Alcatel One Touch Plus 2 for 4,500bht.

It's octo-core and works really well.

But as with all the other small brand phones, break the screen, and you have to buy a new phone.

Absolutely no replacement anythings to be had.

They're dog pooh!

Wiko also has an 5" octa core for 3999.

http://world.wikomobile.com/m892-pulp

So if you have experience with Wiko, for which reason are they to avoid?

So does Cherry Mobile.... for 2999

Sorry, the Cherry for 2999 is the Flare and is a quad core 4gb rom 512 mb ram. The Wiko has 2Gb ram and 16 Gb rom.

Cherry has 4" 480 x 400 tft screen screen where the Wiko has a 5" 1280 x 720 IPS screen, 13mp camera etc.

Not even remotely in the same class.

They're dog pooh!

Sorry, the Cherry for 2999 is the Flare and is a quad core 4gb rom 512 mb ram. The Wiko has 2Gb ram and 16 Gb rom.

Cherry has 4" 480 x 400 tft screen screen where the Wiko has a 5" 1280 x 720 IPS screen, 13mp camera etc.

Wrong. I have cherry mobile Octa core and it's not the model you listed. I don't know the exact specs because I simply don't care about rubbish phones that go out of fashion in 6 months anyway. However, I can assure you it's octa core and screen resolution is much better that what you wrote.

The problems with all these manufacturers is they make phones that are real dogs.

Then the occasional phones that are really good.

The specs on the WIKO octa-core phone sound pretty good ...... not seen that model before.

I have had a Wiko Ridge Fab 4G since April last year. I couldn't be happier. It lives up to all its very impressive specs - I'm just so glad I didn't pay all that extra money for a Samsung which has virtually identical specs. Wiko have service agencies throughout the kingdom, but I've never had reason to use one. I bought this model because of its impressive specs and its large screen.

So happy am I with mine that I recently bought another, identical one for my wife for just $4900 (ibuyathome.com) although I am sure this is a special run-out price because a new model is due to be released.

They are a French company and I am told that the brand is much better known in Europe. Just Google it - There are heaps of reviews on the www.

Wrong. I have cherry mobile Octa core and it's not the model you listed. I don't know the exact specs because I simply don't care about rubbish phones that go out of fashion in 6 months anyway. However, I can assure you it's octa core and screen resolution is much better that what you wrote.

So you don't know the specs of your phone but you know they are better than another phone you've never seen ?

I would assume that you at least know the name of the phone you own, so post it here and we can check.

As you said it cost 2999 Baht I checked which Cherry mobile is that price, and that is definitely the Flare, but yes they have indeed an Octa core.

It is the Infinix Pure XI, but it still has only 1Gb - 8Gb vs 2Gb - 16 Gb for the Wiko, although it looks like a nice phone

But guess what, it doesn't cost 2999 Baht but 4990 Baht, compared to 3999 Baht for the Wiko.

http://www.whatphone.net/review/cherry-mobile-infinix-pure-xl-review/

I'm sure you gonna come back claiming that you paid only 2990 Baht though coffee1.gif

Anyway, if you indeed own such a Cherry Infinix pure, I would like to hear the pro's and contra's of the phone.

I have had a Wiko Ridge Fab 4G since April last year. I couldn't be happier. It lives up to all its very impressive specs - I'm just so glad I didn't pay all that extra money for a Samsung which has virtually identical specs. Wiko have service agencies throughout the kingdom, but I've never had reason to use one. I bought this model because of its impressive specs and its large screen.

So happy am I with mine that I recently bought another, identical one for my wife for just $4900 (ibuyathome.com) although I am sure this is a special run-out price because a new model is due to be released.

They are a French company and I am told that the brand is much better known in Europe. Just Google it - There are heaps of reviews on the www.

Thanks for your comment, that is the comments I was looking for.

I don't know if Ridge is the old model, but they have now the Pulp FAB 4G, which has the same spec as the Ridge Fab 4G, and cost 4990 Baht.

I looked further into the company and it is actually Chinese company, Tino mobile, but some 5% is in French hands. All research and manufacturing also happens in China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiko

So you don't know the specs of your phone but you know they are better than another phone you've never seen ?

I would assume that you at least know the name of the phone you own, so post it here and we can check.

As you said it cost 2999 Baht I checked which Cherry mobile is that price, and that is definitely the Flare, but yes they have indeed an Octa core.

It is the Infinix Pure XI, but it still has only 1Gb - 8Gb vs 2Gb - 16 Gb for the Wiko, although it looks like a nice phone

But guess what, it doesn't cost 2999 Baht but 4990 Baht, compared to 3999 Baht for the Wiko.

http://www.whatphone.net/review/cherry-mobile-infinix-pure-xl-review/

I'm sure you gonna come back claiming that you paid only 2990 Baht though coffee1.gif

Anyway, if you indeed own such a Cherry Infinix pure, I would like to hear the pro's and contra's of the phone.

Yes, I have no clue what phone model I own. I don't spend my days drooling over worthless technology. Your first post was condescending and it seems like your only source of information is Lazada where they don't have the phones most stores are carrying in Bangkok.

Actually, I paid my Cherry Mobile Octa Core phone 3999, however I saw it in stores a month ago for 2999 (a 1000 baht price drop). I am sure the phone is as crappy as Wiko. The link you provided looks very similar to my phone, except the volume controls are different. So, I am concluding it is an older octa-core model that I have hence the lower price.

I don't know if Ridge is the old model, but they have now the Pulp FAB 4G, which has the same spec as the Ridge Fab 4G, and cost 4990 Baht.

I looked further into the company and it is actually Chinese company, Tino mobile, but some 5% is in French hands. All research and manufacturing also happens in China.

What a surprise.

What a surprise.

Is it a surprise to you that I was looking for comments from people who own the phone, or at least know it.

That confirms what a troll you are.

No surprise about their being manufactured in China - I mean even Apple outsource their manufacturing to there. I was careful not to suggest they are made in Europe. A little surprised though on the ownership. That is something that runs against the commonly believed line. Thanks.

I'm not sure about the Pulp Fab 4G. That is considerably less than the Fab Ridge 4G has usually sold for - normally around 7000B. But as I said, all the indications were that a new model was coming.

One thing I did not say is that my son has a super-expensive Samsung Galaxy model. Using his and mine are very comparable experiences except for one thing - his screen is lighter to the touch than mine. For my fumbling old arthritic fingers that is many points FOR the Wiko as my touch is very prone to mistakes anyway.

What a surprise.

Is it a surprise to you that I was looking for comments from people who own the phone, or at least know it.

Guess the dude got your back up when he had an opinion, thats what forums are for man opinions, you want to ask something and only get the anwser you like then go to a mirror.

What a surprise.

Guess the dude got your back up when he had an opinion, thats what forums are for man opinions, you want to ask something and only get the anwser you like then go to a mirror.

Maybe read the OP again, I asked " Anyone heard about this brand?", nowhere did I ask for barstool remarks about which other brand I should buy, since that is exactly what someone from another forum started when he said, " I have no idea which phone I have, but it is better than Wiko from which I have no idea either".

No surprise about their being manufactured in China - I mean even Apple outsource their manufacturing to there. I was careful not to suggest they are made in Europe. A little surprised though on the ownership. That is something that runs against the commonly believed line. Thanks.

I'm not sure about the Pulp Fab 4G. That is considerably less than the Fab Ridge 4G has usually sold for - normally around 7000B. But as I said, all the indications were that a new model was coming.

One thing I did not say is that my son has a super-expensive Samsung Galaxy model. Using his and mine are very comparable experiences except for one thing - his screen is lighter to the touch than mine. For my fumbling old arthritic fingers that is many points FOR the Wiko as my touch is very prone to mistakes anyway.

I have in the mean time spoken with someone from Wiko Thailand head office, and he confirmed that Pulp is indeed the successor for the Ridge. The only difference is that it has a usb port and Lolipop os.

I noticed that several of their other models are also heavily discounted at the moment.

On the web I found some users reviews, and it was mentioned sometimes that the touch was not as sensitive as with some other brands, however I have tried some demos in the shops and there wasn't any noticeable lag in touch sensitivity to me.

Still pondering between the Pulp and the Pulp Fab at the moment, since it is for my 11 year old son, and not sure if he really need 5.5" and 4G or if 5" with 3G will be sufficient for him.

Still pondering between the Pulp and the Pulp Fab at the moment, since it is for my 11 year old son, and not sure if he really need 5.5" and 4G or if 5" with 3G will be sufficient for him.

Kids want BIG.

My 4yo refuses to use anything other than my 10" Galaxy Tab.

(Until he's drained the battery)

Kids want BIG.

My 4yo refuses to use anything other than my 10" Galaxy Tab.

(Until he's drained the battery)

He has a 10" tablet already and also a pc, both on which he can play games, but at the moment I want to replace the crappy Imobile his mom bought him and which lasts about 4 hours on standby.

The 5.5" is only 900 Baht more than the 5", and has 4G as well, but then the question is does he need 4G and will a 5.5" be handy enough for such a young boy to take anywhere.

Quick update.

I decided for the Wiko Pulp 3G and paid 3588 Baht for it. It has a 5" HD screen and 13Mp camera and 2Gb RAM with 16Gb ROM

So far I couldn't be happier with it, as it is a very beautiful slim design, has most of the functionalities the big brands have and is very responsive.

Battery life is excellent and it cost a much less than the same spec with Samsung or alike.

I have the Note 3 for myself and consider selling it to replace it with a Pulp FAB 4G 5.5", which can be had for 4532 Baht, as it so much more beautiful in design.

Of course the future will have to proof if it is a decent quality phone, but as I've spoken with several sellers, they all say they get about 5% warranty claims which I think is a fair value.

Acer and Imobile for example have a much higher return figure, according to the same sellers.

I just saw the thread now...

I'm working in mobile app testing and therefore I have a pretty big mobile lab with tons of mobile devices.

I’m from Switzerland (and work in Switzerland).

As far as I know, Wiko is French, not Italian as someone suggested. It has sold the most devices in France just behind Samsung. So it’s a pretty big deal in France.

Wiko launched their first devices in Switzerland one or two years ago. Since our company also sells Wiko devices, I have to test our app with some Wiko devices.

Personally, I would never buy a Wiko phone, I’m into the flagship phones of the big companies. Right now for my private number I have a iPhone 6s Plus, for my business number I will get the Galaxy S7 Edge on March 8 (right now I have the Huawei Mate S Force Touch).

But Wiko has some very good phones. At least in Europe where we can’t buy all the cheap china brands they have a good lineup. I don’t know about the lineup in Asia, but one of the newest devices out here is called “Wiko Fever”, it’s priced CHF199.-, that’s about THB 6500.-

It has a 5.2” LED display (FullHD), 3GB RAM, octa-core cpu, 4G, 13MP camera…(and it glows in the dark). And it has a 2 year warranty.

Some facts about Wiko (typed from France from someone who's owned 3 of their models):

- Wiko's headquarters are located in Marseille, France but the company's major shareholders are chinese

- they just rebrand, localize and import chinese phones, mostly from "Tinno", a major manufacturer which happens to be their major shareholder too

- yes, they're being quite successful here, their market share here in France was larger than Samsung's and right behind Apple in 2015

- the key to their success is clever marketing: aggressive pricing, fast model turnaround, fancy colors, flashy ads, fashion effect, very broad selling channels (they're everywhere)

- their support sucks on all aspects (warranty, repairs, updates) but due to the low prices and fast model turnaround, buyers seem to overlook this

- they surf on the "french brand" effect too (it even comes up in some of their ads). Not sure how many buyers realize that there's nothing french in these phones except the brand that's written on them

- you can find some of their exact same phones as models under a dozen brands, including Cherry and I-Mobile, simply because they come from the same chinese OEMs

- since they pick up their models from the catalogs of chinese manufacturers, they have very little added added value and they pick up the best or the worst. Among the models I've had from them, one was so-so but a real bargain for its price at that time (Slim), the next one was utter crap (Five) and the last one a good, reliable phone with great performance and unbeatable price/performance ratio, good battery life which I've really enjoyed using (Rainbow)

- you can find some of their exact same phones as models under a dozen brands, including Cherry and I-Mobile, simply because they come from the same chinese OEMs

I suspected this.

Anyway, if these phones last me a year I am happy.

If you know they are so crap why you keep wasting your money on them?

Some facts about Wiko (typed from France from someone who's owned 3 of their models):

- Wiko's headquarters are located in Marseille, France but the company's major shareholders are chinese

- they just rebrand, localize and import chinese phones, mostly from "Tinno", a major manufacturer which happens to be their major shareholder too

- yes, they're being quite successful here, their market share here in France was larger than Samsung's and right behind Apple in 2015

- the key to their success is clever marketing: aggressive pricing, fast model turnaround, fancy colors, flashy ads, fashion effect, very broad selling channels (they're everywhere)

- their support sucks on all aspects (warranty, repairs, updates) but due to the low prices and fast model turnaround, buyers seem to overlook this

- they surf on the "french brand" effect too (it even comes up in some of their ads). Not sure how many buyers realize that there's nothing french in these phones except the brand that's written on them

- since they pick up their models from the catalogs of chinese manufacturers, they have very little added added value and they pick up the best or the worst. Among the models I've had from them, one was so-so but a real bargain for its price at that time (Slim), the next one was utter crap (Five) and the last one a good, reliable phone with great performance and unbeatable price/performance ratio, good battery life which I've really enjoyed using (Rainbow)

Imobile is produced by Kyocera, while Tinno mobile also doesn't produce Cherry, so you will not find the Wiko phones under other brands and for sure not the 2 mentioned above.

Wiko has it's own production line at Tinno mobile, so they control their own production and quality.

Archived