Maha Sarakhan Hospital

denboy

There is a very smart and reasonably priced government hospital in Sara khan where I took my Thai wife for treatment last December. After visiting the expensive private hospital In Maha Sarakhan with a negative but expensive approach to a serious condition she visited the Government hospital located in the center of the city, here also the pre-booking for a scan was 3 to 4 weeks plus most of the Doctors where absent for the festive season.

A local villager informed me of the government university hospital located near the Lotus super market.

The hospital is quite new and immaculate. My wife was given an dultrasound within one hour and admitted with a blockage to her liver, She was admitted and one day later given a scan where she was diagnosed with a blockage which needed to be removed immediately. They could not perform the procedure there so we checked out. After 4 days in hospital plus scan the cost was 22.000 Baht, 18.000 was deducted for the Thai card. My wife stayed in a VIP room which I thought was a better room than Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital

I travelled to Pattaya/Bangkok hospital on new years eve where she was given an immediate operation by endescope to remove the blockage at a cost of 250.000 baht for a 20 minute procedure.

Of course they asked for a deposit before the operation and I was gob smacked when he quoted 260.000 baht deposit, Do they know the definition of the word deposit.

If you don't carry a credit card how to you find the kind of cash on New Years eve.

I hope any members living in the Maha Sarakhan area find this info, useful if they have need of future medical issues.

Cheers

Fanboy, kind of interested, why couldn't the university hospital do the operation, and did they recommend a hospital that could. Your praise for the hospital is noted, and yet it doesn't seem they could solve the problem or even refer you to a hospital that could.

the system here is to go to a local hospital and then get a referral to Srinagarind hospital khon kaen .if you just turn up there you have to pay (talking about Thai who are registered )its one of the best in Thailand .If you are foreign and need help and willing to pay (it is cheap compared to western hospitals )then they have a liaison officer who is there to make your visit a piece of cake.