Vitamins Cocktail Infusion

lemel

Hi, has anyone tried this?

what is it?

It is a solution of important vitamins and minerals and is known by the name of a Myers’ Cocktail. It was invented more than 30 years ago by a physician called John Myers. The list of nutrients includes various B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium and calcium.

The dosage of these vitamins and minerals is much higher than you would get from taking a basic over-the-counter vitamin pill. The amount of vitamins and minerals may be customized to a specific patient’s diagnosis and overall health, and in addition to the treatment of any underlying condition.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has experienced it, was it any good, how much did it cost? does anyone know of anyone doing it in Pattaya?

any input would be of interest

I don't understand how this would work. You can only absorb so many vitamins at a time. That is why your pee turns bright yellow after taking a vitamin supplement. Your body is already getting rid of the excess. I don't see how what you mention would be any different.

I don't understand how this would work. You can only absorb so many vitamins at a time. That is why your pee turns bright yellow after taking a vitamin supplement. Your body is already getting rid of the excess. I don't see how what you mention would be any different.

Google it and you will be illuminated!

Yeah.... I did. I was trying to tell you in a very polite way that it is bull shit. The body cannot absorb super doses of vitamins at once. Edited by inbangkok

Yeah.... I did. I was trying to tell you in a very polite way that it is bull shit. The body cannot absorb super doses of vitamins at once.

Two time Nobel prize winner, Linus Pauling, disagreed with your opinion.

Yeah.... I did. I was trying to tell you in a very polite way that it is bull shit. The body cannot absorb super doses of vitamins at once.

That's OK Inbangkok, thank you for your informed opinion, now you can forget all about this thread and move on!

That's OK Inbangkok, thank you for your informed opinion, now you can forget all about this thread and move on!

Lol.... So you pretty much only want to hear from people who are going to tell you how amazing it is and how well it works?

That's cool, because the vast majority of the medical community doesn't......

I am not after people who will tell me its amazing, or agree with me as I have not decided anything yet, the question in the OP was has anyone tried it?

also

I asked 'would be interested to hear if anyone has experienced it, was it any good, how much did it cost? does anyone know of anyone doing it in Pattaya?

the question was not what you think (unless you have tried it), what your understanding is, what you have read etc! I am looking for people who have actually tried it and I want their opinion!

Interesting SJ5 the first one is an opinion on a blog by a pharmacist called Scott Gavura

also if you look at who wrote the 2nd article you quoted.........see this one...http://www.quackpotwatch.org/quackpots/quackpots/barrett.htm

I am not saying if this is a good thing to do but I like to get all of the information first and find out from people who have done it personally, so I can make a semi informed decision. I spoke to an English woman yesterday who has done it 2 times and she thinks its fantastic. She also knows 2-3 people who have been doing it for years. I am hoping to meet them next week.

Interesting SJ5 the first one is an opinion on a blog by a pharmacist called Scott Gavura

also if you look at who wrote the 2nd article you quoted.........see this one...http://www.quackpotwatch.org/quackpots/quackpots/barrett.htm

I am not saying if this is a good thing to do but I like to get all of the information first and find out from people who have done it personally, so I can make a semi informed decision. I spoke to an English woman yesterday who has done it 2 times and she thinks its fantastic. She also knows 2-3 people who have been doing it for years. I am hoping to meet them next week.

Sorry the links did not meet with your approval.

May I suggest you search the Cochran Database for objective, scientific evidence for these vitamin infusions.

https://community.cochrane.org/editorial-and-publishing-policy-resource/cochrane-database-systematic-reviews-cdsr

I will be very interested in any positive reviews found and subject to repetition.

edit

Added link

Edited by sunnyjim5

Sorry the links did not meet with your approval.

May I suggest you search the Cochran Database for objective, scientific evidence for these vitamin infusions.

https://community.cochrane.org/editorial-and-publishing-policy-resource/cochrane-database-systematic-reviews-cdsr

I will be very interested in any positive reviews found and subject to repetition.

edit

Added link

did not say they did or did not meet my approval, just stating, like you are, not all things may be what they seem on the internet, once again that why I am asking for people who have done it themselves!

with regards to Cochrane, I don't see anything for or against Myers cocktail infusion???? what do I make of that....nothing????

Lemel, i had some benefit with a myerscocktail-like IV infusion, even more with glutathione added. I plan on doing it again soon.

I must say in a healthy person IV nutrition might not do very much, but if you suffer from a few inflammatory conditions like i do then it might bring relief.
To the naysayers, the compounds get delivered into the bloodstream so its not directly excreted into urine as you say. The goal is not to store the specific compounds but rather to have an immediate effect, be it anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, regenerative etc.
I wish some would educate themselves before blatantly spewing their opinion.

Lemel, i had some benefit with a myerscocktail-like IV infusion, even more with glutathione added. I plan on doing it again soon.

I must say in a healthy person IV nutrition might not do very much, but if you suffer from a few inflammatory conditions like i do then it might bring relief.

To the naysayers, the compounds get delivered into the bloodstream so its not directly excreted into urine as you say. The goal is not to store the specific compounds but rather to have an immediate effect, be it anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, regenerative etc.

I wish some would educate themselves before blatantly spewing their opinion.

It is not an opinion that the body can only absorb so many vitamins at a time. Sounds like you should follow your own advice and educate yourself before spewing whatever......

Inbangkok, again you sound very uneducated. I can try and explain the biochemical actions of IV nutrition but i fear you will not understand it.

Time wasted.

I agree.... Don't waste your time explaining it to me. Since you are so smart, you should be explaining it to the medical community who almost all unanimously agree it is bull shit......

And you have the arrogance to claim I am the one who sounds uneducated. Lol..... You made my day!

One Nobel Prize was for the Peace Prize

Pauling's work on mega-doses of vit C has been discredited... he was hopelessly wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Pauling#Medical_research_and_vitamin_C_advocacy

The whole "infusion" business is a scam. One such centre in Sydney was shut down last week after a victim was rushed to hospital, critically ill after a dose by the scammers.

Hi Novanova, I understand you believe its a scam but do you know what he was rushed to hospital for?do you know why they were closed down or have a link for the scammers/centre? As far as I am aware you don't get closed down for providing 'Vitamin infusions' but I could be wrong, i think its good to get both sides of the story but do you have any basis of proof? appreciate any link

Hi Novanova, I understand you believe its a scam but do you know what he was rushed to hospital for?do you know why they were closed down or have a link for the scammers/centre? As far as I am aware you don't get closed down for providing 'Vitamin infusions' but I could be wrong, i think its good to get both sides of the story but do you have any basis of proof? appreciate any link

Here !

Here!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3756223/sydney-ivme-clinic-closed-by-nsw-health-after-client-hospitalised-at-st-vincents/?cs=12

Look out for further closures and probable prosecutions.

The pharmacist involved will likely face a raft of charges including bring the profession into disrepute. She will probably be struck from the professional register unless she can prove her treatment was evidence based!

Inbangkok, again you sound very uneducated. I can try and explain the biochemical actions of IV nutrition but i fear you will not understand it.

Time wasted.

I agree.... Don't waste your time explaining it to me. Since you are so smart, you should be explaining it to the medical community who almost all unanimously agree it is bull shit......

And you have the arrogance to claim I am the one who sounds uneducated. Lol..... You made my day!

Arrogant and ignorant is not a good combination.

If as you say infusions and therefore vitamin supplementation is a waste of time then why are foods fortified with vitamins like vitamin D for example and why are people given iron tablets for iron deficiency and why are people given vitamin C if they are deficient.

I think the infusions could be beneficial but how do you know which vitamins and minerals you are deficient in and further to this you may be given vitamins and minerals that you don't need that might have a negative effect because it is a cocktail.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/iv-clinic-investigation-extended-to-chemist-who-supplied-potentially-deadly-vitamins-20160302-gn8eq6.html

Linus Pauling was a brilliant chemist. He was, however, talking out of his ass re: the supposed benefits of taking massive amounts of vitamins. Just because you understand chemistry at a certain level, doesn't make you an expert in biochemistry, nutrition, etc. He has long since been discredited for his vitamin claims.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/pauling.html

Quackwatch has little credibility.

Basically a site that vilifies everything that is not mainstream medicine.

The guy has lost so many law suits that I don't know why anyone takes that site seriously.

That doesn't mean that I think that vitamin cocktails are necessarily beneficial but I certainly wouldn't be using quackwatch as my guide to the truth.